BT Sport

Started by Gaffer, July 27, 2013, 10:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Does BT Sport work across multi-room?

imtommygunn

It's probably the same as setanta used to be(maybe stil is) in that it's tied to viewing card number.

You'd need to phone them. The way I signed up it wouldn't (I have bt broadband and sky). As I said it's tied to viewing card.

Sandino

Will we be able to get this if we use freeview without extra equipment? I am a BT user and I don't want to have to add another receiver to my TV, its cluttered enough in the corner, lol.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

J OGorman

have had BT Vision for a while. From what I got from speaking to a  BT TV chap at the weekend, if you have Infinity you will be able to get sport channels to your box via the infinity. If you have BT broadband, but not infinity (like I do), they will send you a card (much like the old Setanta / ESPN one) that you stick into the BT Vision box. They have one stipulation though, you have to have a decent digital aerial to allow BT sport to feed in from the aerial (other wise there is no point sending her out)...their marker is if you can receive VIVA or More 4 (on the same frequency as BT sport) then you should be good to go. Have downloaded the BT Sport App on the phone, setup a BT id and contacted BT to push the green light to activate..works grand

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 05, 2013, 11:53:09 AM
Does BT Sport work across multi-room?

No, you will need need an extra subscription for multi-room. If you have an IPAD, download the BT Sport APP.

johnneycool

Quote from: J OGorman on August 05, 2013, 12:36:07 PM
have had BT Vision for a while. From what I got from speaking to a  BT TV chap at the weekend, if you have Infinity you will be able to get sport channels to your box via the infinity. If you have BT broadband, but not infinity (like I do), they will send you a card (much like the old Setanta / ESPN one) that you stick into the BT Vision box. They have one stipulation though, you have to have a decent digital aerial to allow BT sport to feed in from the aerial (other wise there is no point sending her out)...their marker is if you can receive VIVA or More 4 (on the same frequency as BT sport) then you should be good to go. Have downloaded the BT Sport App on the phone, setup a BT id and contacted BT to push the green light to activate..works grand

So you can have BT vision and only broadband, right who do i need to talk to as I hate those bloody call centres..

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on August 05, 2013, 03:06:27 PM

So you can have BT vision and only broadband, right who do i need to talk to as I hate those bloody call centres..

JC get online on the website, really easy and better deals on line actually too on the BB side of things.

johnneycool

I've tried it, but once I go to BT vision and put in my post code it says I can't get it..........

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on August 05, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
I've tried it, but once I go to BT vision and put in my post code it says I can't get it..........

BT vision relies on a certain level of download speed as a lot of its features are the downloading and streaming of content.

If this isnt an option what about a basic sky package not sure how much that is at the moment with BT BB and that way you will be able to get it through your sky. Might be a bit extreme but think its the only clear option.

J OGorman

will try and dig out the number, call centres are a pain but the guy I was speaking to was from the north. he was trying to guage if my aerial on the roof would bring the BT sport in with decent reception afore sending me out  a card for the BT vision box. Seemingly some TV masts give a lot more channels than others, eg, Limavady will give 88 odd channels inc BT Sport, whilst Sheriffs Mountain in Derry will only give 18 odd channels. He told me to make sure mine was pointing to Limavady, it is. That I can pick up channels on the same frequency as BT Sport (More 4 / VIVA), i can..card in the post seemingly. But I can remember from the old Setanta days, using the Setanta card with a 1 off fee of £11/£12,  sometimes the reception was great, other times it was patchy

johnneycool

Quote from: J OGorman on August 05, 2013, 04:21:08 PM

will try and dig out the number, call centres are a pain but the guy I was speaking to was from the north. he was trying to guage if my aerial on the roof would bring the BT sport in with decent reception afore sending me out  a card for the BT vision box. Seemingly some TV masts give a lot more channels than others, eg, Limavady will give 88 odd channels inc BT Sport, whilst Sheriffs Mountain in Derry will only give 18 odd channels. He told me to make sure mine was pointing to Limavady, it is. That I can pick up channels on the same frequency as BT Sport (More 4 / VIVA), i can..card in the post seemingly. But I can remember from the old Setanta days, using the Setanta card with a 1 off fee of £11/£12,  sometimes the reception was great, other times it was patchy

Much appreciated if you can hoke out that number for me J. IM me if you can get it.

I can get viva More 4 etc on my freeview TV's, good enough picture, not sure what direction the antenna is pointing, I'd have thought Divis from where I live.

J OGorman

Quote from: johnneycool on August 06, 2013, 08:56:59 AM
Quote from: J OGorman on August 05, 2013, 04:21:08 PM

Much appreciated if you can hoke out that number for me J. IM me if you can get it.

I can get viva More 4 etc on my freeview TV's, good enough picture, not sure what direction the antenna is pointing, I'd have thought Divis from where I live.

no bother..the number I called was 0800 111 4567 and got speaking to a guy from Belfast.

johnneycool

Rang that number there and they told me I needed a minimum broadband speed of 3 Meg for BT Vision and I've only got 1.6 Meg, I'm surprised its even as high as that, so no go.

They hope to have BT Infinity in the area in 6 months time....

theticklemister

J o gorman, yer a derry city mucker as myself. My aerial is pointing towards leim an mhaidaigh and have viva and more 4 ok. I dont have that bt vision box as ye state but I have saorview. Im getting three bt channels on saorview at moment but up comes content scrambled.

Will I ring that number and take it from there?

theticklemister

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 06, 2013, 05:57:04 PM
The BT Sport 1 & 2 channels on the Freeview platform are only for BT Vision subscribers who are not on or cannot get BT Inifinty. They can't be brought as a standalone subscription like Sky Sports 1 & 2, ESPN and Setanta Sports used to be on the platform.

So I need to upgrade to BT vision or infinity to access the sport channels?