Laois v Donegal

Started by laoislad, July 21, 2013, 11:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Ok so I'll show you a little bit of the theory behind Jimmy giving up the Ulster title for All Ireland success. He's been using some complecated maths equations to find the answer. Something like these:

(sin(45)^2)((4π) / π)
(500/1 x 1/200)x(2^3 x 2^-1)
x=SQR(100)/SQR(25)

They're all the same answer, does anyone know what it is?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Aristo 60

Jonah

Is this game on TV? I'd much prefer to watch this than Meath and Tyrone pulling and dragging one another around Croke Park.

Drummerboy

Quote from: Jonah on July 24, 2013, 02:09:28 PM
Is this game on TV? I'd much prefer to watch this than Meath and Tyrone pulling and dragging one another around Croke Park.

What makes you think Donegal v Laois will be any different. They are probably two of the most defensive teams left in the competition.

joemamas

Quote from: Jonah on July 24, 2013, 02:09:28 PM

If Laois set up anything like they did against Dublin last year, then you could just watch a rugby league game and pretend it is Donegal V laois.

To elaborate a little, I was at Q/final between laois V dublin Laois played with 10 beind the ball for most of the game, incrediby even when the were down by 3pts in the last 10 mins they still had only two forwards. Still trying to figure that one out.

Rossfan

It's called "not deviating from our gameplan". ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dont Matter

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 24, 2013, 12:21:12 PM
Ok so I'll show you a little bit of the theory behind Jimmy giving up the Ulster title for All Ireland success. He's been using some complecated maths equations to find the answer. Something like these:

(sin(45)^2)((4π) / π)
x=SQR(100)/SQR(25)

Not one of ye is clever enough. The answer is 2.
2 in a row.

About Laois v Dublin last year. Both teams played as defensive as one another, it's just that Dublin won far more ball at midfield.
This meant they had far more opportunity to attack, which resulted in Laois having less opportunity to attack. Does that spell it out clearly enough for you mere mortals?
Peter Quinn

laoislad

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 24, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

(sin(45)^2)((4π) / π)
x=SQR(100)/SQR(25)

2 in a row.

About Laois v Dublin last year. Both teams played as defensive as one another, it's just that Dublin won far more ball at midfield.
This meant they had far more opportunity to attack, which resulted in Laois having less opportunity to attack. Does that spell it out clearly enough for you mere mortals?

Plus the Ref added on only 1 minute when it should have been at least 4...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dont Matter

Aint that the truth but when you're on their home patch the ref has to look out for himself. It's unfortunate but we all know how many of them carry knives/needles.
Peter Quinn

Captain Obvious

Martin Duffy in charge of this game that should be fun.

Dont Matter

Here's some images of Marty at work.

Awarding a free:

Giving a red card:

Bursting throgh the Kildare and Derry defences:

Giving a free for both teams:

Warning a Galway player:

The Galway player didn't listen:

I don't know who my favorite Marty is, Marty Whelan? Marty Morrisey? Marty McGuinness? One thing's for sure, it aint Marty Duffy.
Peter Quinn

joemamas

Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2013, 05:15:33 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on July 24, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

(sin(45)^2)((4π) / π)
x=SQR(100)/SQR(25)

2 in a row.

Plus the Ref added on only 1 minute when it should have been at least 4...

I clearly remember the ref not playing only one minute, typical bull*hit, no way they should control the time.
My point on laois was, they were down by three or four points, whatever it was, why not go for it, they were never going to score a goal with only two frowards. They played the last 5-10 mins as though they were hanging on to an away goal differential, not being down by one.

Syferus

Quote from: drici on July 25, 2013, 04:14:11 PM
Quote from: drici on July 22, 2013, 03:47:43 PM

https://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/gaa-football-all-ireland-qualifiers-rd-4-donegal-v-laois-pairc-sean-mac-diarmada-27-July-2013/B3PYG

Back on sale again.

Bit stupid to put a warning that they wouldn't be likely to be available again so! My Ticketmaster tickets arrived today, with their 2 Euro surcharges. At least I've got them.

drici