All-Ireland Minor Football Championship 2013

Started by Syferus, July 21, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Quote from: rrhf on September 19, 2013, 06:51:53 AM
It will be interesting to see 31 counties supporting Tyrone minors tomorrow. Everyone afraid of total mayo domination where they to win both. Expect to see the dibs in behind Tyrone
come outta the fog good ladeen.where are the dibs from
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

muppet

Quote from: sans pessimism on September 19, 2013, 09:44:12 AM
Quote from: rrhf on September 19, 2013, 06:51:53 AM
It will be interesting to see 31 counties supporting Tyrone minors tomorrow. Everyone afraid of total mayo domination where they to win both. Expect to see the dibs in behind Tyrone
come outta the fog good ladeen.where are the dibs from

Diblin of course!

Go into the Hill and shout 'Oh come on Diblin!' and see how friendly the reaction will be.
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2013, 12:41:38 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 18, 2013, 09:04:45 AM
Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2013, 08:45:07 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2013, 10:15:01 PM
Not one of better Tyrone minors teams however didn't have to be and this final is nicely set up for Tyrone to win.

Beyond the referee they have nothing to point towards them winning the match. Maybe he's enough, but I'd doubt it.

Good one.  So referee's are the reason they have got to the final?

Yip. A team playing like this Tyrone team next year will be lucky to get out of their province. A dying style, hopefully.

Oh dear.. we have a sore looser..

macdanger2

Looks like the art of spelling is well and truly dead in Tir Eoghain  ;D

Mike Sheehy

In Tyrone learning how to cheat trumps learning how to spell.

Rossfan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 19, 2013, 12:59:48 PM
I wonder who they learned that from? ::)
Tommy Murphy 1936, Jimmy Murray 1946, Antrim 1946.....................  etc etc
"Yerra sure we only did whatever it took to win"  always said with a roguish glint in the eye.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nrico2006

Tyrone teams play within the rules to win, and don't do nything any wrse than any oher team yet there seems to be this attitude at the minute against Tyrone and it ma well be agant of the othr 31 counties cheering on Mayo in the Minor final this weekend.  Genuine question as I was only 11/12 in 95/96 and don't really remember the aftermath in the papers etc, but what were the reactions to Dublin and Meaths wins over Tyrone?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

larryin89

We will horse Tyrone out of it, not a bother to these buckeens .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2013, 01:47:27 PM
"Yerra sure we only did whatever it took to win"  always said with a roguish glint in the eye.

Could this be the year a second Rossie climbs the Hogan Stand to accept Sam, Ross?

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2013, 06:07:49 PM

Could this be the year a second Rossie climbs the Hogan Stand to accept Sam, Ross?

You should read Andy s interview today and stop being so disrespectful to the man. Ftr
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on September 19, 2013, 06:11:39 PM

You should read Andy s interview today and stop being so disrespectful to the man. Ftr
Heard him on RTÉ News this evening. Speaks with a Ros accent as you'd expect from one born and raised in Co Roscommon.
Syfín I'm only interested in Ros men collecting Cups for Ros teams

God14

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 19, 2013, 02:32:47 PM
Tyrone teams play within the rules to win, and don't do nything any wrse than any oher team yet there seems to be this attitude at the minute against Tyrone and it ma well be agant of the othr 31 counties cheering on Mayo in the Minor final this weekend.  Genuine question as I was only 11/12 in 95/96 and don't really remember the aftermath in the papers etc, but what were the reactions to Dublin and Meaths wins over Tyrone?

In fairness nrico the analysis on Sunday game at time was highly critical of Meath approach. Phone lines on rte radio the next day jammed with callers complaining about Meath tactics.
Alot has changed on the Sunday game since 1996. Pundits are expected to be more opinionated, and more expressive in their views. Public wants to see extremes and they are gettin it.

ross4life

Quote from: larryin89 on September 19, 2013, 06:11:39 PM

Disrespectful? hes a Roscommon man from a Roscommon town. Now i'm not one for believing in curses but did James Horan name a Roscommon man as captain just to break the curse & if it doesn't work what next?

Back to the topic of this thread, i'll be surprised if our neighbours don't win this minor AI final on Sunday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on September 19, 2013, 09:19:30 PM
i'll be surprised if our neighbours don't win this minor AI final on Sunday.
+1. They seemed to improve with every game.

Farrandeelin

I hope ross4life and Rossfan are correct. They've played good football most of the year, but then again, it's all on the day for minors - as the oul cliché goes.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.