All-Ireland Minor Football Championship 2013

Started by Syferus, July 21, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2013, 09:17:30 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 12, 2013, 08:57:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 12, 2013, 08:51:31 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 12, 2013, 07:46:58 PM
So Conor Lane (of Connacht final fame) ::) is reffing the final. He better do a better job than Connacht final.

Connacht minor final? Did an acceptable job in that game. And yeah, that was a penalty.

No, the Senior final, where he allowed he London players get away with so much...

The last 15 minutes were a free for all for London. Mayo players were just playing dodgeball!

Jaysus have no recollection of that at all, must watch it again. Was still pissed at game - wedding night before :-[

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

I haven't fancied Tyrone minors once this year, but yet they're still there.
I don't fancy Tyrone minors again this Sunday.

Mayo will join a very elite club if they win both minors and seniors on Sunday.

Captain Obvious

Not one of better Tyrone minors teams however didn't have to be and this final is nicely set up for Tyrone to win.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2013, 10:15:01 PM
Not one of better Tyrone minors teams however didn't have to be and this final is nicely set up for Tyrone to win.

Beyond the referee they have nothing to point towards them winning the match. Maybe he's enough, but I'd doubt it.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2013, 08:45:07 AM

Beyond the referee they have nothing to point towards them winning the match. Maybe he's enough, but I'd doubt it.

Good one.  So referee's are the reason they have got to the final?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Crete Boom

Looking forward to this as it's great having an interest in both matches on the big day for the first time. Mayo have had a good run although the quarter final and semi final were easier than expected compared to getting out of Connacht. Hanley is a big loss but Prendergast will probably strengthen the midfield and Diarmad O' Connor won't weaken the half forward line which I think is his best position anyway. Goals have been the theme of this Mayo minor team and I think they will need two or three to keep Tyrone at bay as our full back looked shaky in the Monaghan game but on the plus side they were a stubborn wall of resistance in the Connacht final when the Rossies cleaned us out around the middle.
Tyrone as always are packed full of tidy footballers who have top notch basic skills , are as tough as teak and will guard possesion so they can pick off points to wear you down. McKenna , Burns and McShane (when introduced) will take some stopping and if the Tyrone management are a little less defensive from the off against Mayo it could be another final loss for Mayo.  I actually think contrary to the media sh#te spouted that the red hands will go all out for this early and with Mayo having goals all over the forwards it could be a high scoring game.I'll tip Mayo to win by 2 or 3  if they keep the gaols scored column at 2 or 3.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 03, 2013, 03:32:48 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on September 03, 2013, 04:51:39 AM
Larryin89. Any chance you could f**k away off to hogan stand? No doubt, that's were you previously talked dung on. You have been a member here a little over 2 months , and you currently rival Mike Sheehy for being the most hated b**tard on GAA board. At least he is trying to get a rise from people every now and then, you are just a tool. I would love to see Mayo win an all Ireland , but would also love to see them stuffed , just because of your arrogance. Is that possible?? Slide on ta f**k please?

Harsh and OTT

And nobody is more hated than TF on this board

Who's TF when he's at home?
Surely it's not Tony Fearon, the biggest troll of the lot on this board. This lad talks through both ends with equal facility and often simultaneously.
Anyone who takes Tony seriously should go and have a chat with someone in a white coat.
There are others who are nastier by far and much more vindictive than the latest version of The Bard of Armagh.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Fuzzman

Anyone got a list of times both seniors and minors won the AI in the same year?

I see you have to go back to 1985 to when Mayo won it last.
Like their seniors they've lost a few in the last 20 years.

With the exception of last year, it's been a long time since Kerry & Dublin won a minor AI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Minor_Football_Championship

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 18, 2013, 09:04:45 AM

Good one.  So referee's are the reason they have got to the final?

Yip. A team playing like this Tyrone team next year will be lucky to get out of their province. A dying style, hopefully.

Rossfan

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 18, 2013, 12:23:43 PM

About 2.45 and 5 o'clock?? ;D
Kerry - 1931,1937,1946, 1975 and 1980.
Dublin 1958
Tyrone 2008
With thanks to Willie Hegarty in the Ros Herald.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Mayo beat Roscommon by three points and they are unbeatable while Tyrone beat Roscommon by two points and they have no chance apart from the referee?

With the exception of last year, it's been a long time since Kerry & Dublin won a minor AI

Like the seniors six All Ireland final defeats in a row for Mayo. If Tyrone win on Sunday it will be six All Ireland final wins in a row.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 18, 2013, 05:21:17 PM

Mayo beat Roscommon by three points and they are unbeatable while Tyrone beat Roscommon by two points and they have no chance apart from the referee?

Like the seniors six All Ireland final defeats in a row for Mayo. If Tyrone win on Sunday it will be six All Ireland final wins in a row.

Mayo are taking their chances while we didn't apart from the Kildare game. Tyrone to make a game of it but nothing more.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on September 18, 2013, 07:23:35 PM
Mayo are taking their chances while we didn't apart from the Kildare game. Tyrone to make a game of it but nothing more.

Tyrone scored the same against Roscommon as Mayo did, it's not those sides problem if Roscommon can't take their chances.

rrhf

It will be interesting to see 31 counties supporting Tyrone minors tomorrow. Everyone afraid of total mayo domination where they to win both. Expect to see the dibs in behind Tyrone