Started by Syferus, July 21, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

It's time to play for all the marbles.

Roscommon vs. Kildare
Mayo vs. Westmeath
Kerry vs. Tyrone
Monaghan vs. Tipp

All to be played August bank holiday weekend.

From the Bunker

Will some of these be thrown in with the Senior Quarter finals?

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
Will some of these be thrown in with the Senior Quarter finals?

Always one before each senior QF double bill. Tullamore a live prospect for a double of the Connacht-Leinster ties. Depends on what the senior QF bills shake down as.

Farrandeelin

The Mayo minors and seniors were played as a double bill last year at this stage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Probably won't let the Leinster teams get "home" advantage by playing any of these in Croker.
If us and Kildare are a stand alone we're looking at Longford or Tullamore as neither of us will be in Senior action  :(
Mayowr, Monaghan and Kerry already on double duty with a possibility of Tyrone also so they won't all get Senior/Minor  in Croker.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aaron Boone

And not a bank holiday Monday in the wee 6 counties, so Kerry v Tyrone will def be the Sat/Sun.

Rossfan

Us and Kildare in Tullamore 4pm Holiday Monday.
I presume the Rhus and the Westies are also on the same bill?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2013, 10:43:01 PM
Yep 2:15. Tyrone v Kerry the only minor game in Croker. (On Sunday) Monaghan v Tipp in Longford on Monday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on July 27, 2013, 11:01:31 PM
Yep 2:15. Tyrone v Kerry the only minor game in Croker. (On Sunday) Monaghan v Tipp in Longford on Monday.

That one makes no sense to me. That said, scheduling Connacht minor teams to play the day of the Ted Webb finals isn't too hot either.

Farrandeelin

I intend to go to this one. If we get cleaned out around the middle like we did against ye, it could end in tears for us.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

I intend to go to this one. If we get cleaned out around the middle like we did against ye, it could end in tears for us.

Westmeath don't look better able than us to take their chances, their only hope is maintaining their fine goal concession rate and working from there. Conceivably Mayo could reach the AI final without being forced to throw the kitchen sink at a team.

mon_fan66

monaghan v tipp in longford  :o :o  as a stand alone game  with many monaghan supporters workin over the border or to facilitate the non holiday there ... cant see why this wasnt thrown in before the monaghan senior fixture on the sat  but kerry again get the croke fixture along with their senior team  ????  well seein minors dont have any importance when an all ireland 1/4 final will resemble a club game from a supporter numbers point of view

shark

Westmeath got cleaned out at midfield by Kildare though, so it may balance out. The top ball winning midfielder in the county has been added to the panel (was tied up with rugby previously) so that may improve prospects there, if Carr throws him in.  Overly reliant on Loughlin up front, but as has been alluded to the backline is quite tight.

ross4life

Ye got cleaned out around the middle against us in the 2008 Connacht minor final and the final in Salthill 2009 but it didn't stop ye from reaching both All Ireland finals.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

larryin89

I find it quite amusing the obsession the rossies have with the minor grade, its fuckin mental carry on, honestly will ye ever cop on to the fact it means jack shit when it comes to senior grade.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .