Ulster Minor Final - Monaghan v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2013, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 23, 2013, 08:44:22 AM
Quote from: elk on July 22, 2013, 03:14:31 PM
Shocking refereeing decision. Although Tyrone must take some of the blame themselves allowing Monaghan back into the game. Well done Monaghan not your fault the referee wasn't great.

Hardly Tyrone's fault that a referee makes a blatantly incorrect decision that gives the win to the opposition.

Yes I know I'm not Tyrone's biggest fan but surely the defender put his hand in and didn't win the ball . . . Penalty!

Maguire01

Shocking refereeing decision. Although Tyrone must take some of the blame themselves allowing Monaghan back into the game. Well done Monaghan not your fault the referee wasn't great.

Hardly Tyrone's fault that a referee makes a blatantly incorrect decision that gives the win to the opposition.
I think the point was that Tyrone were 8 points up and lost by 2 - that's a 10 point turnaround - the penalty only accounts for 3 of those points.

Farneyfan

So was it a penalty or not.. everyone seemed to be in two minds.... even the commentary team on Northern Sound... but they seemed happy to accept it  ;-)

http://www.northernsound.ie/sport/monaghan-win-ulster-minor-title/

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on July 23, 2013, 04:51:24 PM

Yes I know I'm not Tyrone's biggest fan but surely the defender put his hand in and didn't win the ball . . . Penalty!

Exact same thing happened in Celtic Park on Saturday. The Cavan defender rode on Skinner's back. Penalty.

reddgnhand

So if a defender puts his hand in and doesn't win the ball everytime it's a foul?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Just saw highlights of this on TG4 earlier..Tyrone looked the better team from the coverage, but you can't leak 4 goals at this level...the penalty at the end looked a terrible call to me, but didn't see any replay.

Also, who the hell was the Monaghan manager/mentor who grabbed the cup when the captain was being presented with it?!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

nrico2006

Only a penalty if theres a push.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Decent highlights of this game on the "GAAjustplay" app on iPhone or iPad. Never a penalty!

reddgnhand

Just seen the highlights on tg4 player. I hope Tyrone carry the hurt of losing into the qf with Kerry. They might meet Monaghan again.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 25, 2013, 04:42:36 AM
Just saw highlights of this on TG4 earlier..Tyrone looked the better team from the coverage, but you can't leak 4 goals at this level...the penalty at the end looked a terrible call to me, but didn't see any replay.

Also, who the hell was the Monaghan manager/mentor who grabbed the cup when the captain was being presented with it?!
i posted about that on the day. It was a disgrace. Regardless of what he has done for the team he ha no right being up there. I hope,in the cold light of day, he feels as ashamed as Paddy og Nugent after he grabbed Geezer as he lifted Sam in 2002
Careful now

Captain Obvious

Monaghan,Tyrone were both beaten at the quarter final stage last year can they do better this year?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 25, 2013, 08:19:26 AM

Only a penalty if theres a push.

He's not the Rule Book's biggest fan either it would seem.  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 26, 2013, 12:45:26 AM
Just seen the highlights on tg4 player. I hope Tyrone carry the hurt of losing into the qf with Kerry. They might meet Monaghan again.

Just going on the highlights of the Ulster final and from what I know of our setup, it could be a shoot-out between the 2 forward lines...I have had little expectation in our minor team this year..they were well beaten in Tralee by Cork, so I don't expect them to win an AI..I have little regard for the management who have messed around with the team far too much already this year. That being said there are a few good prospects in the team, Conor Keane chief amongst them, so just hoping they perform well.

Actually think Tyrone have a decent shot of winning another AI if they lift themselves again.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

LeoMc

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 26, 2013, 12:58:24 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 25, 2013, 04:42:36 AM

i posted about that on the day. It was a disgrace. Regardless of what he has done for the team he ha no right being up there. I hope,in the cold light of day, he feels as ashamed as Paddy og Nugent after he grabbed Geezer as he lifted Sam in 2002

Agreed. It was very poor form, would he be as quick to put his hand up if they were beat.