Ulster Minor Final - Monaghan v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2013, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I don't know what the ref thought he saw to award the penalty. Feck it, I'll take a piece of good fortune once every 40 or so years.
Superb penalty.

omagh_gael

Whilst it is horrible to lose a final that way the provincial final is the one game you would want to lose, if you know what I mean.

Captain Obvious

Monaghan have been waiting long enough for minor title. At least both are into the last eight and Tyrone v Kerry should be a good tie.

ONeill

Watching the highlights, I was disappointed to see one of the Tyrone goal scorers cup his hands behind his ears to the crowd.

He wouldn't try that in Urney.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cluaineois

Well done to our minor champions young Mcmahon must have balls of steel
once your a clone your never alone

sam03/05

wherefromreferee?

Are the highlight online anywhere, so that I can see this penalty decision?
In your Endo!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

elk

Shocking refereeing decision. Although Tyrone must take some of the blame themselves allowing Monaghan back into the game. Well done Monaghan not your fault the referee wasn't great.

Main Street

Quote from: elk on July 22, 2013, 03:14:31 PM
.........Well done Monaghan not your fault the referee wasn't great.
We don't do guilt trips and definitely not when it comes to beating Tyrone.
It's the will of Allah.

GalwayBayBoy

Jaysus that penalty decision was a joke. Looked like the Monaghan lad just fell over.

Aaron Boone

Just like their senior counterparts, Fermanagh have never won an Ulster minor title.

Tyrone are top with 22.

nrico2006

Quote from: elk on July 22, 2013, 03:14:31 PM
Shocking refereeing decision. Although Tyrone must take some of the blame themselves allowing Monaghan back into the game. Well done Monaghan not your fault the referee wasn't great.

Hardly Tyrone's fault that a referee makes a blatantly incorrect decision that gives the win to the opposition.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sleater

Absolutely delighted to see Monaghan win the minor title at long last. The penalty decision looked dodgy when I seen it at the game, but is very soft after watching TG4 last night. Tyrone can be rightly pissed off at the ref. The Monaghan minor management need to sort out the team's midfield, they've been regularly wiped out of it this year. It's only for the frankly ridiculous scoring totals from the forwards that has brought them the ulster league and championship minor titles this year.

Main Street

Quote from: Sleater on July 23, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
Absolutely delighted to see Monaghan win the minor title at long last. The penalty decision looked dodgy when I seen it at the game, but is very soft after watching TG4 last night. Tyrone can be rightly pissed off at the ref. The Monaghan minor management need to sort out the team's midfield, they've been regularly wiped out of it this year. It's only for the frankly ridiculous scoring totals from the forwards that has brought them the ulster league and championship minor titles this year.
Any whinger in Tyrone can go to fck with their myopic whining about when a ref gives a decision against their team.
If had 1c for every time a Tyrone player goes belly-up /face clutching /grass rolling, with all the theatrics of a drunken ham actor, I'd have a barrow load of them by now. We can say that at least the Monaghan player didn't dive, he just happened to get a fortunate decision from the ref.
Haven't Tyronies  won enough minor titles already, isn't there another championship next year, to try again? What's the big deal about this one?