Derry v Cavan

Started by HiMucker, July 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty28

Wonder what are the chances of Cavan meeting Monaghan in the Quarters!?!

Zulu

Just watching this game now, some scores being kicked so far!!

Zulu

No way was that a free for Derry in the 72nd minute.

yellowcard

Quote from: Zulu on July 21, 2013, 07:02:00 PM

Where are you watching it?

Zulu

Premier sports in Britain.

Wildweasel74

G that last point give away in injury time was brutal with 4 derry men around 1 cavan man, the big No.27 for Cavan looks handy and that young lad Reilly

Itchy

Big no 27 is 19 yr old Michael Argue. Only called into the panel a few weeks ago. Martin Reilly was class but imagine he was a sub all yr and only got his start last day against Fermanagh because of injuries.

J OGorman

The match was there to be won for Derry.  If Skinner had buried the goal chance, if we'd been a bit 'cuter' a point up with time near up, taken a couple of bookings and closesld the game out...but it didnt happen. Everyday is a school day. Some majestic scores from both sides and incredible fitness levels . 2 young teams that look to be moving in the right direction.  Good luck to Cavan in rd 4, their supporters are a credit to the county. They are football mad and enjoy the craic

rodney trotter

Martin is 26,he was on the DIT team that won the Sigerson this year. Spent a couple of years with Burnley when he was younger. Classy footballer and its great to see him making an impact.

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 21, 2013, 11:01:55 PM
G that last point give away in injury time was brutal with 4 derry men around 1 cavan man, the big No.27 for Cavan looks handy and that young lad Reilly
I thought Derry shouldn't have let Cavan work the ball upfield in acres of space, if ever there was a time to be cynical, that was it, foul early and often.
Anyway, it looked like (in the highlights) that Cavan deserved their win. Some great shooting from long distances.

theticklemister

Quote from: yellowcard on July 21, 2013, 07:37:49 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 21, 2013, 07:02:00 PM

Where are you watching it?

I'm afraid to watch it.

It will be on rte.ie muckers.

First championship campaign I missed since I started to go to the football.

tbrick18

Very disappointing result for Derry but has to be said, Cavan were well worth their win on the day.
Some of their score taking was top drawer.
Cavan look very well drilled and know exactly what they should be doing and I think that was the difference on the day.
Too many Derry players either didn't perform well enough or just looked a bit lost.

Fair play to Cavan, you should definately beat London and it would be great to see yous win a quarter final.

Wildweasel74

Gregory Campbell
July 21
Someone wanted to let me know that in the "All-Ireland Football Qualifiers" Cavan has beaten Londonderry. So now you know, No I didn't either.

Nice to see Gregory can respect our culture on FB - dickhead

babarino

Quote from: tommysmith on July 21, 2013, 08:43:32 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 21, 2013, 08:12:49 AM
Quote from: babarino on July 21, 2013, 12:21:31 AM
Hats off to to the Breiffne. No doubt about it, it's been a good year.

Hopefully we'll have another shocker tomorrow in Clones.  8)

We are all hoping that.  Remember to wear plenty of Sunscreen.

Im not.

Tommy, you're sound like Cavan's answer to Gregory Campbell. Must have used up all your luck in drawing London in the next round.

tommysmith

Quote from: babarino on July 26, 2013, 10:24:03 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on July 21, 2013, 08:43:32 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 21, 2013, 08:12:49 AM
Quote from: babarino on July 21, 2013, 12:21:31 AM
Hats off to to the Breiffne. No doubt about it, it's been a good year.

Hopefully we'll have another shocker tomorrow in Clones.  8)

We are all hoping that.  Remember to wear plenty of Sunscreen.

Im not.

Tommy, you're sound like Cavan's answer to Gregory Campbell. Must have used up all your luck in drawing London in the next round.

What are you dribbling about?