Derry v Cavan

Started by HiMucker, July 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: cluaineois on July 19, 2013, 08:57:01 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 18, 2013, 11:44:08 PM
Quote from: cluaineois on July 18, 2013, 11:41:16 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 18, 2013, 11:08:22 PM
I presume you are taking the piss Maguire. Last year we stayed in div 3 on score difference, got hammered by Donegal and were fortunate to best Fermanagh before getting hammered again. This year we did much better in the league, including hammering the two promoted teams. We retained our u21 title, did well with a very limited minor team and won 3 championship matches and only for a shocking decision by a ref wed have got another shot at the Semi. If that is not progress then neither is Monaghan winning Ulster.
Itchy were it not for a couple of blind umpires yis would in my opinion have been beaten by a lot more in the semi-final so please stop going on about the ref

How do you work that out, the Monaghan disallowed goal happened in the first half. Cavan would have had plenty of time to recover from that.
Simple maths Rodney. A goal is worth three points, plus the one that we eventually beat ye by equals four points. Therefore we would have beaten ye by a lot more as i stated earlier. Monaghans goal was not "disallowed" it was not given. It would have been a terrible injustice had cavan got another chance.

I what a goal is worth, the goal Monaghan did actually score was a gift by the Cavan keeper. Cavan had plenty of wides in the second half. Monaghan weren't overly dominant as you seem to be making out.

Walter Cronc

Is this now a Cavan and Monaghan thread?! Leave it out lads.

Will the Cavan support travel in big numbers (as they generally do) on Saturday?

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2013, 09:27:02 AM

Will the Cavan support travel in big numbers (as they generally do) on Saturday?

Will the south derry support travel in big numbers Walter (whic they usually dont) on Saturday?? ;D

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on July 19, 2013, 09:29:33 AM

Will the south derry support travel in big numbers Walter (whic they usually dont) on Saturday?? ;D

The Burnfoot is as far north as I venture Tickle!

Denn Forever

Will any Derry radio stations have commentary on the game?  Or is it Northern Sound again?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

HiMucker

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2013, 09:34:10 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on July 19, 2013, 09:29:33 AM

The Burnfoot is as far north as I venture Tickle!
lol "the burn foot".  There is a bar in Burn foot called "The foot inn"  Do you know who built it Walter?

armaghniac

QuoteThere is a bar in Burn foot called "The foot inn"

No doubt the "Foot in" in popular in Derry GAA, along with its sister premises the "Elbow in"
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

HiMucker

its actually in Donegal ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: HiMucker on July 19, 2013, 04:34:39 PM
its actually in Donegal ;)

Two sets of clientele then.
Does it serve the McGuinness spirit?  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

oakleaflad

Itchy

Any decent spots for a pint near to the pitch. Preferably somewhere near where a lad might park the car.

theticklemister

Quote from: Itchy on July 19, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
Any decent spots for a pint near to the pitch. Preferably somewhere near where a lad might park the car.

Id park her down on rossville street/lecky road lad. No traffic and ye get a nice walk through the Bog. For a nice pint I would go to Maily's or the name in front of the establishment ' Bluebell', which is located on Lecky Road about a 5 minute walk from ground. Not too jammed lad and even for ye Cavan lads the drinks are cheap!!!! A pound a bottle and £1.50 a vodka and coke the last time i was there.

Itchy

Cheers lad. To they sell tayto?

Westside

Fran is injured for Cavan so Alan O'Meara takes his place. Other than that it's same again for Cavan..

anglocelt39

Weather down this part of the country is quite something else if it is as warm up in Derry tomorrow it will have an impact on the outcome. Hard to see how we will maintain the same level of intensity in getting lads behind the ball in such conditions. Whether Derry will be advantaged through an approach that involves a bit more of the ball doing the work will be interesting to see. Subs will need to be used well before the 69th minute I reckon.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds