Derry v Cavan

Started by HiMucker, July 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

I've watched Cavan a few times this year and i've been impressed with their overall team ethic and workrate but make no mistake they also have numerous fine footballers who can do damage. I still think home advantage will see Derry over the line by a few points. Will be an interesting match up though.

DoireGael

This will be a relatively tight affair and will show character for either team if they progress. After watching the Leinster final from the hill on Sunday, both teams have work to do regarding any further progression. But looking at the game I would tip Derry, if Sukie, Kielt and co shine.

gortnaleck

Are BBC televising the game as I see RTE are doing the Kildare/ Tyrone one ?

theticklemister

Quote from: gortnaleck on July 16, 2013, 02:17:26 PM
Are BBC televising the game as I see RTE are doing the Kildare/ Tyrone one ?
BBC only can show ulster cship matches my friend. get there or stick yer ear to the wireless

Captain Obvious

Home advantage should swing this tie, still Cavan should go down fighting. With all the underage talent i think its time Cavan got out of division three.

sam03/05

Derry will win this easy enough.
Cavan are nothing special at all, easy draw for Derry.

larryin89

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 16, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

Really? I thought Cavan looked good in the few games i've seen them this year, they have been tipping along nicely at underage level last few seasons too. Some fairly intense workrate from what i've seen and some nice footballers to boot. Hard game to call but i reckon it will go to Cavan, tbh.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rodney trotter

Worry about your own County playing Kildare.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2013, 07:53:41 PM
Quote from: babarino on July 15, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2013, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: babarino on July 15, 2013, 07:04:55 PM
I'd expect Derry to win this one, provided no Cavan wides are given as points  ;)

You'd be better off wondering how to keep within 10 points of Donegal ::)

As the slogan says Myles, "Nothing beats being there."

I'm sure yis thought the same after winning your last Ulster title against Derry, after the wide 'point'. How much were you beaten by Kerry in the next game?

Do you really want to talk GAA history with a Cavan man?

That would be a relatively straight forward assignment considering the match in question was your last Ulster title.

And yes, ours was 1988 before you retort but I'm not the one making the bold statements regarding our aristocracy.

clarshack

Quote from: larryin89 on July 16, 2013, 06:47:48 PM

Really? I thought Cavan looked good in the few games i've seen them this year, they have been tipping along nicely at underage level last few seasons too. Some fairly intense workrate from what i've seen and some nice footballers to boot. Hard game to call but i reckon it will go to Cavan, tbh.

no chance that cavan will beat derry in celtic park.  only wish that tyrone had got this draw.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: clarshack on July 17, 2013, 12:12:59 AM

no chance that cavan will beat derry in celtic park.  only wish that tyrone had got this draw.

Yeh you are right, probably no point in us turning up.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 17, 2013, 10:08:20 AM

dont think the shopkeepers in Derry city are too happy with the draw...
;)

maybe the asda in strabane on the way back might take a lot of cash from sales of cheaper booze...
;)

theticklemister

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 17, 2013, 11:24:50 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 17, 2013, 10:08:20 AM

dont think the shopkeepers in Derry city are too happy with the draw...
;)

maybe the asda in strabane on the way back might take a lot of cash from sales of cheaper booze...
;)

I heard these story about cavan people before.....

mylestheslasher

Sure the boys in the shops in Derry wouldn't even know there was a game on, they'd be more interested with what goes on in the Brandywell.

HiMucker

You obviously haven't  seen the attendance figures at the brandywell!