Derry v Cavan

Started by HiMucker, July 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Apparently Brandywell is going all seater, Declan Devine and Philip O'Doherty were seen in Ikea @ the weekend.

theticklemister

Very good o gorman. Plus ye wont see any nazi flags being unfurled this side of the Lone Moor ill tell ye that for sure.

Wildweasel74

After the down game in derry, was going down the street, who was playing the nite lads!! Down, against who>? priceless!!

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
After the down game in derry, was going down the street, who was playing the nite lads!! Down, against who>? priceless!!

Ah come on wildweasel stop making stuff up............... Ye never even made the trip up to the city for the game!

If it werent for the constant fundraising in the late 80s and early 90s by those in the city then celtic park would have been finished...... Suppose that would have suited ye!!!

bottom brick

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 16, 2013, 10:17:01 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2013, 07:53:41 PM
Quote from: babarino on July 15, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2013, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: babarino on July 15, 2013, 07:04:55 PM
I'd expect Derry to win this one, provided no Cavan wides are given as points  ;)

You'd be better off wondering how to keep within 10 points of Donegal ::)

As the slogan says Myles, "Nothing beats being there."

I'm sure yis thought the same after winning your last Ulster title against Derry, after the wide 'point'. How much were you beaten by Kerry in the next game?

Do you really want to talk GAA history with a Cavan man?

That would be a relatively straight forward assignment considering the match in question was your last Ulster title.

And yes, ours was 1988 before you retort but I'm not the one making the bold statements regarding our aristocracy.

I dont think Myles was making bold statements of aristocracy in fairness, even though he could!  8)
Shoot for dough, pass for show...

The Brick

Heard a whimper that Cian Mackey is injured? Anyone heard anything?

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2013, 10:11:20 AM
Quote from: babarino on July 16, 2013, 12:16:41 AM
I'd expect Derry to win this one, provided no Cavan wides are given as points  ;)

I'm sure yis thought the same after winning your last Ulster title against Derry, after the wide 'point'. How much were you beaten by Kerry in the next game?

Methinks Cavan's Championship 2013 will be consigned to history in the bogside.

Perhaps, it will still have been a good year for us if it is.
Really? Alright, a win against Armagh was a good result (although we still don't know how good Armagh are - they just about managed to stay in Division 2 and their subsequent Championship results have been against very poor Division 4 sides), but otherwise it's been two wins against another Division 3 side. And another year in Division 3.

If you win against Derry, it will be a good year (and with the 4th round draw, potentially a very good year). If you are narrowly defeated it will be an 'ok' year. If you're hammered, you'll have to wonder if there has been any progress.

bottom brick

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 18, 2013, 06:32:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2013, 10:11:20 AM
Quote from: babarino on July 16, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

Methinks Cavan's Championship 2013 will be consigned to history in the bogside.

Perhaps, it will still have been a good year for us if it is.
Really? Alright, a win against Armagh was a good result (although we still don't know how good Armagh are - they just about managed to stay in Division 2 and their subsequent Championship results have been against very poor Division 4 sides), but otherwise it's been two wins against another Division 3 side. And another year in Division 3.

If you win against Derry, it will be a good year (and with the 4th round draw, potentially a very good year). If you are narrowly defeated it will be an 'ok' year. If you're hammered, you'll have to wonder if there has been any progress.

We are improving with every game. At least 3 wins in the championship is a massive improvement and playing a minimum of 5 will stand to this team
Shoot for dough, pass for show...

anglocelt39

Maguire, at the start of this year there were people genuinely concerned at our ability to hold our place in Division 3, that's where we are coming from folks so what we have seen, both in the league and championship to date is significant progress, let their be no doubt about that. At the start of the year I would have been happy with going into last day with Division 3 status confirmed and three good championship days out with no tankings received. That has all been achieved pretty comfortably and the future looks relatively bright.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Wildweasel74

Its true straight up from the celtic bar lol

Itchy

I presume you are taking the piss Maguire. Last year we stayed in div 3 on score difference, got hammered by Donegal and were fortunate to best Fermanagh before getting hammered again. This year we did much better in the league, including hammering the two promoted teams. We retained our u21 title, did well with a very limited minor team and won 3 championship matches and only for a shocking decision by a ref wed have got another shot at the Semi. If that is not progress then neither is Monaghan winning Ulster.

cluaineois

Quote from: Itchy on July 18, 2013, 11:08:22 PM
I presume you are taking the piss Maguire. Last year we stayed in div 3 on score difference, got hammered by Donegal and were fortunate to best Fermanagh before getting hammered again. This year we did much better in the league, including hammering the two promoted teams. We retained our u21 title, did well with a very limited minor team and won 3 championship matches and only for a shocking decision by a ref wed have got another shot at the Semi. If that is not progress then neither is Monaghan winning Ulster.
Itchy were it not for a couple of blind umpires yis would in my opinion have been beaten by a lot more in the semi-final so please stop going on about the ref
once your a clone your never alone

rodney trotter

Quote from: cluaineois on July 18, 2013, 11:41:16 PM
Itchy were it not for a couple of blind umpires yis would in my opinion have been beaten by a lot more in the semi-final so please stop going on about the ref

How do you work that out, the Monaghan disallowed goal happened in the first half. Cavan would have had plenty of time to recover from that.

cluaineois

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 18, 2013, 11:44:08 PM
Quote from: cluaineois on July 18, 2013, 11:41:16 PM

How do you work that out, the Monaghan disallowed goal happened in the first half. Cavan would have had plenty of time to recover from that.
Simple maths Rodney. A goal is worth three points, plus the one that we eventually beat ye by equals four points. Therefore we would have beaten ye by a lot more as i stated earlier. Monaghans goal was not "disallowed" it was not given. It would have been a terrible injustice had cavan got another chance.
once your a clone your never alone

mylestheslasher

Whats the story with the Monaghan invasion of this thread. You'd swear ye hadnt your own game this weekend. Are you all that obsessed with Cavan?