Kildare V Tyrone QR3 20/07/13

Started by God14, July 15, 2013, 08:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 15, 2013, 04:25:01 PM
7pm throw in, once again a horrible time for travelling Tyrone supporters.
I would expect most will vote with their feet and watch it on the TV.

I would say the majority of Tyrone "supporters" will do that anyway. We're very badly supported after the success of the last decade. The usual hard core support of around 1000 will make the journey.

Ohtoohtobe

Tyrone 4/7 favourites with the bookies but home advantage and the couple of Tyrone absentees could count for a lot.
We're not actually missing anyone, apart from possibly Mick Foley. I'm normally an ultra-pessimist but I'm going to say the unthinkable for an Irishman in the build-up to a game.
We're going to win.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 16, 2013, 11:42:53 AM
Tyrone 4/7 favourites with the bookies but home advantage and the couple of Tyrone absentees could count for a lot.
We're not actually missing anyone, apart from possibly Mick Foley. I'm normally an ultra-pessimist but I'm going to say the unthinkable for an Irishman in the build-up to a game.
We're going to win.

Ollie Lyons and Eoin Doyle?

Mick Foley is a big loss.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

Thought Doyle was back in full training? Also, I heard Foley's ailment described as a 'knock'. Seems just as likely he missed the Louth game due to his awful performance against Dublin (mind you, he wasn't exactly given a job that suits him).
Lyons is a loss OK but to reach this stage of the season with only one important player out long-term is the best you can hope for.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 16, 2013, 10:30:37 AM
I agree Whistup this is an ideal draw to move up another level of intensity. We got a very easy game v Offaly to get us back on track after the Donegal defeat. Then Roscommon was a step up and give us a bit of a fright.
Kildare was probably the hardest draw we could have got but it would not have benefited us much to get another easy draw and then get London, with Donegal waiting for us in the quarters.

I'm just a bit disappointed that Coney & Ronan haven't got a few full games under their belt by now and have established themselves as the main new forwards on the team. Even McAliskey, who had a good league, hasn't kicked on and Mickey seems to take him off every match though I know he's giving others a run out too.

I think there are a few big performances in this team and I think we will actually beat Kildare if they play an open brand of football. I would imagine Kildare would feel more confident of beating Meath than they would about beating us but for me its one game at a time.

Feel the same about Coney and Ronan O'Neill, was hoping that by this stage they would have got a run of games but they haven't been lucky with injury.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 16, 2013, 12:00:44 PM
Thought Doyle was back in full training? Also, I heard Foley's ailment described as a 'knock'. Seems just as likely he missed the Louth game due to his awful performance against Dublin (mind you, he wasn't exactly given a job that suits him).
Lyons is a loss OK but to reach this stage of the season with only one important player out long-term is the best you can hope for.

I think Doyle would have featured if he was fully fit. Foley must be involved at some stage if we're to beat Tyrone. This will be a game for the dogs of war rather than the young lads. I'd be inclined to start with experience like Foley (if fit), Paudie, Leper, Smith and then introduce the younger legs like Niall Kelly in the second half when it might have opened up a bit. I just hope we're still in it at that point. Louth were another in a long list of teams that caused us big problems when they ran at the half back line. Unlike Louth, Tyrone have the quality and ruthlessness to put the game beyond doubt.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

God14

Joe McQuillan down to referee this one..

Ohtoohtobe

Yeah I agree Foley needs to be involved if fit DH. Tends to produce when it's do or die eg vs Limerick last year.  Also, his last good game for Kildare was in the league semi against Tyrone.

Captain Obvious

Will the week rest help Tyrone? Kildare came through a tough battle with Louth on Saturday.

God14

I don't think the weeks rest will have any bearing on this Saturdays game

Should the winner of this match progress to an AIQF however would be another story. Would be a lot to ask Kildare to win on 4 consecutive weekends.

Boghopper

I'm worried about our chances of progressing this weekend and although I foresee a tight game I think Kildare will ultimately prevail. I hope I'm wrong.

ONeill

If we lose to Kildare in their patch, well, we weren't good enough. No disgrace losing to the Lilys.

However, I'd be very hopeful if Mickey gets out of Newbridge with a win. We'd be heading into a game with the head stampers as underdogs. We'll trim the monsters.

Cmon Tyrone. Time to stand up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2013, 12:14:35 AM
If we lose to Kildare in their patch, well, we weren't good enough. No disgrace losing to the Lilys.

However, I'd be very hopeful if Mickey gets out of Newbridge with a win. We'd be heading into a game with the head stampers as underdogs. We'll trim the monsters.

Cmon Tyrone. Time to stand up.

I think you're missing a comma in there somewhere.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

highorlow

As a neutral, an admirer of both teams and based on present performances this all bodes well for Kildare.

Tyrone are on the way down Kildare have remained static (the Dubs game was a blip as proven by last weeks LF).

Kildare to win and win pulling up.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

Quote from: highorlow on July 17, 2013, 09:13:37 AM
As a neutral, an admirer of both teams and based on present performances this all bodes well for Kildare.

Tyrone are on the way down Kildare have remained static (the Dubs game was a blip as proven by last weeks LF).

Kildare to win and win pulling up.

How so?
If you were any use you'd be playing.