Kildare V Tyrone QR3 20/07/13

Started by God14, July 15, 2013, 08:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2013, 11:10:13 AM
Probably the draw neither team wanted but for the winner they will carry a lot of confidence into the 4th round. Can't imagine there will be much in it but being at home and with the distinct prospect that it could be McGeeneys last game in charge I have a feeling Kildare might edge it.

I wouldn't bet on that but I don't think it's right to discuss McGeeney's future until our Championship season has finished but since you mentioned it you should note we qualified for the League semi's and won the Leinster minor, 21 and Junior titles. A trimming by a very good Dublin team shouldn't define our season, another trimming might well intensify the debate but this has been a very good year for Kildare GAA and McGeeney has a role in that success. I like what he did this year I'm conscious that we need to be aware that apart from Glenn there are no other standout candidates and Glen's star has definitely waned a little this year.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

A few of his comments this year have hinted that this might be his last year. That's certainly the impression I get from reading between the lines.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 15, 2013, 11:20:38 AM
Probably the draw neither team wanted but for the winner they will carry a lot of confidence into the 4th round. Can't imagine there will be much in it but being at home and with the distinct prospect that it could be McGeeneys last game in charge I have a feeling Kildare might edge it.

I wouldn't bet on that but I don't think it's right to discuss McGeeney's future until our Championship season has finished but since you mentioned it you should note we qualified for the League semi's and won the Leinster minor, 21 and Junior titles. A trimming by a very good Dublin team shouldn't define our season, another trimming might well intensify the debate but this has been a very good year for Kildare GAA and McGeeney has a role in that success. I like what he did this year I'm conscious that we need to be aware that apart from Glenn there are no other standout candidates and Glen's star has definitely waned a little this year.
imo he should be gone after this season.

I'd like to see what Jason Ryan could do at the helm.
I'd also bring in Ryan to assist him and then take over.
continuity.
Certainly Kildare have the players (imo).

Donnellys Hollow

If there is a different man at the helm next year, it won't be Jason Ryan.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 15, 2013, 11:37:10 AM
could do a hell of a lot worse imo

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 15, 2013, 09:22:22 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2013, 09:15:06 AM
May the best team win.

Who would you prefer Jinxy? Tyrone in Brewster or Kildare in O'Connor? Just curious like..

I'd prefer Tyrone to be honest.
Not playing them in shagging Brewster Park though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

regal

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 15, 2013, 11:33:46 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 15, 2013, 11:20:38 AM

imo he should be gone after this season.

I'd like to see what Jason Ryan could do at the helm.
I'd also bring in Ryan to assist him and then take over.
continuity.
Certainly Kildare have the players (imo).

I don't know enough about the younger players coming through but the more established players are clearly not good enough. They have been given every opportunity to prove themselves (in terms of coaching / fitness / game preparation) but continually fail to take a big scalp. Whilst you have suffered with midfield injuries, players like o'connor / smith / white / johnston to name a few haven't stepped up.

I would love to see Kildare win an AI (particularly with McGeeney) but don't think the players are there yet.

You will, however, beat Tyrone.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 15, 2013, 11:46:31 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 15, 2013, 11:37:10 AM
could do a hell of a lot worse imo

He can't commit to a management position at the moment.

God14

PP bookies have Tyrone at 4/7 Kildare at 7/4
15/2 the draw
Id say a fair few punters up & down the country will be tempted by Kildare at 7/4

Was very surprised at PP odds in the Ulster Minor final. They have Tyrone favourites for that as well (4/5). Obviously Tyrone have dominated at minor level in Ulster this past 15years, but there is no way they should be favourites here. We are in for a real struggle...

Fuzzman

Was that true about Mickey being down at the Kildare v Louth game?
Am I right so say his sister lives in Kildare so maybe that's why he was down.

Hopefully the extra week off can benefit us though should we win we'll have Meath waiting for us one week later. I was impressed with Meath in the first half yesterday and was saying to Fear I'd be worried if we meet them again as they seem to have the Indian sign over us.

We'll need to up our game a good bit from the Roscommon affair but I'd imagine it will be much more open game.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 15, 2013, 11:27:46 AM
A few of his comments this year have hinted that this might be his last year. That's certainly the impression I get from reading between the lines.

Jaysus DH, even Nostradamus would struggle to foretell what's going to happen with McGeeney nevermind us keyboard warriors but I definitely think he's building team 2 and plans to see it through.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 15, 2013, 12:23:17 PM

Jaysus DH, even Nostradamus would struggle to foretell what's going to happen with McGeeney nevermind us keyboard warriors but I definitely think he's building team 2 and plans to see it through.

It's just a hunch from a few of his comments in the media. To paraphrase - Kildare will get success but it might not be with me. He has said that a few times this year.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 15, 2013, 12:42:29 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 15, 2013, 12:23:17 PM

It's just a hunch from a few of his comments in the media. To paraphrase - Kildare will get success but it might not be with me. He has said that a few times this year.

Interesting, can't say I picked up on that. This time last I thought his time was up but I like what has happened since, a new team is definitely been built and maybe McGeeney won't be the man to see it through but he built a great legacy regardless.

#newbridgeornowhere

Redhand Santa

Quote from: orangeman on July 15, 2013, 09:39:45 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 15, 2013, 09:31:08 AM
Expect that 7,500 to be revised upwards this week!

There'll be a ball of room. Load of empty seats.

Was there not 10 or 11000 at the Kilare Limerick qualifier last year? Tyrone would be a bigger draw than that - would imagine it would be full. This is not like the Offaly or Roscommon games where the home teams expected to be well beaten. Very tough draw for Tyrone. If they can get through the next two games and stay injury free they'll be in great shape for the quarters. But this will be a real 50 50 tie. A proper knockout championship game too.

ONeill

Should be a humdinger. Extra time job maybe. Wearing my pessimistic hat I think Kildare will win this.

On the other hand, if Tyrone squeeze through this we'll throw the buckin sink at Meath with gay abandon but that's for another dimension.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.