Roscommon vs. Tyrone AIQ R2: Yes, again.

Started by Syferus, July 01, 2013, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best hairstyle?

Sean Cavanagh
7 (35%)
Senan Kilbride
6 (30%)
Joe McMahon
7 (35%)
Paddy Joe Burke
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Whishtup

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2013, 04:49:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2013, 04:20:50 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 03, 2013, 03:52:05 PM
. I reckon it's the whole new level that Donegal & Dublin have taken their training and attitude to. It's all much more professional now and so if you haven't bought into that full package then you're being found out and left behind.
The strength & conditioning alone with the top teams mean they are miles ahead of others.

"Supervalu Sam" in the Ros Herald this week commenting on the fact that there are 2 Counties who now seem to be in breach of amateurism.
One trains twice a day while the other's players have "three meals a day delivered to their homes" and has a back room team so vast  "that some of the areas catered for border on the ridiculous".

The fact is that the small Counties are still amateur while a few others have in effect become "professional" in all but name.
I'm sure they'll tell us to go off and raise our own money but where in the name of God can €1m be found in a County like Roscommon whose biggest town has about the same population as an Estate in the East of the country, there are no major Multi Nationals or local big business empires especially since the end of the Property bubble burst a few empires.
Not to mention our second biggest town's GAA club affiliating to another place.
At least in the old days if a County could produce good footballers you were in with a shout of winning things as most Counties' preparations were at similar level.

What have those Castlerea bollixs done now? Has Nige climbed the pole outside the courthouse and hoisted up a Mayo flag?

Was just talking to a lad I work with from Balaghadereen today.  What the hell is going on there?  There's even a dump between Ross and Mayo at this point and they still want to support Mayo.  Weird.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2013, 08:23:20 PM
Ros will win this.

If we win do we get those nifty GPS bras as trophies?

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2013, 08:28:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2013, 08:23:20 PM
Ros will win this.

If we win do we get those nifty GPS bras as trophies?

Er, yes you need them. I've seen yer women.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

orangeman

Stevie hasn't much luck with injuries.

Tyrone will again be without Stephen O'Neill as they prepare to face Roscommon in the All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers on Saturday.

O'Neill has been struggling with an Achilles injury and was an absentee in the Red Hand's thumping win over Offaly last weekend.

The forward will hope to see action this summer, and if Mickey Harte's side win at Hyde Park on Saturday they will have a fortnight to get ready for their next date in the back-door leaving O'Neill more time to prove his fitness.

Fuzzman

Yeah I believe its his achilles again which he did remember before the league final in that wee indoor pitch in Croker.

Have many of ye ever seen it? I expected it to be a large enough pitch but its quite small and you'd have to wonder why do they bother using it at all. Surely it's inevitable that someone would stand on a ball or get hurt there as it must be so crowded. Do they not get enough warm-up out on the main pitch?

I believe Carlin's nose is nearly better but he too has hurt his achilles. Both Justy & Joey should be fit if needed. I wonder will Mickey t**ker again?

What's the latest with Brendan Donie Shine? I

Syferus

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2013, 11:37:27 AM
Yeah I believe its his achilles again which he did remember before the league final in that wee indoor pitch in Croker.

Have many of ye ever seen it? I expected it to be a large enough pitch but its quite small and you'd have to wonder why do they bother using it at all. Surely it's inevitable that someone would stand on a ball or get hurt there as it must be so crowded. Do they not get enough warm-up out on the main pitch?

I believe Carlin's nose is nearly better but he too has hurt his achilles. Both Justy & Joey should be fit if needed. I wonder will Mickey t**ker again?

What's the latest with Brendan Donie Shine? I

Fit as a 6'5'' fiddle and ready for Pascal McConnell if he wants to resume throwing shapes from last year.

It'd be a real BOD end for SON if we won and he retired. Tripping over a ball? Even the greats are human. Missed last year too and only came on as a sub in the 2011 game.

Rossfan

Any word on an oul' teameen at all?

Going by the crap in Prentypark I'd be bold and go with -

Darrenín O'Malley,
Seanín Mac, Collins, Seanín Purcell,
Carty, Ianín Kilbride, one of the Dalys
           Finnín, Cathalín Shine
Keenan, Karlín Mannion, Conorín Devaney
Colín Compton, Donín Shine, Donín Smith
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

1. Pascal McConnell – An Baile Nua
2. Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
3. Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
4. Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5. Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
6. Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
7. Conor Gormley – An Charraig Mhór
8. Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9. Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10. Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac
11. Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
12. Ciaran McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
13. Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
14. Martin Penrose – An Charraig Mhór
15. Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo

16. Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17. Aidan Cassidy – Eochar
18. Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
19. Kevin Gallagher – An Baile Nua
20. Conan Grugan – An Omaigh
21. Plunkett Kane – Oileán a'Ghuail
22. Jonathan Lafferty – Urnaí
23. Danny McBride – An Srath Ban
24. Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
25. Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
26. Justin McMahon – An Omaigh

And tiinker with the team Mickey did!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Was hoping McBride would get another go -thought he did ok last week though it was difficult game to judge him on. Would have rather got another look at him ahead of McKenna or McGinley.

ONeill

Just the one change?

I suppose Joe hard to leave out.

Captain Obvious

ONeill