Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Ye Mayo lads aren't such Hardy Bucks after all. Eddie Durkan at centre-forward is the only way to go now.

RMDrive

Quote from: Syferus on July 07, 2013, 11:18:10 PM
Ye Mayo lads aren't such Hardy Bucks after all. Eddie Durkan at centre-forward is the only way to go now.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2013, 11:08:01 PM
Meanwhile over on mayogaablog, I believe Donie Vaughan is another casualty. But I also see it might not be serious.
Am I the only one who thinks this may not be the worst news. I'd like us to consider other options at 6
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 08, 2013, 08:05:37 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2013, 11:08:01 PM
Meanwhile over on mayogaablog, I believe Donie Vaughan is another casualty. But I also see it might not be serious.
Am I the only one who thinks this may not be the worst news. I'd like us to consider other options at 6

Mayo's HBs are the key to their attack right now. Especially with Feeney crocked too Vsughan being out for the likely AIQF could be disasterous for Mayo. August isn't the time for experimenting.

sans pessimism

Lets not go ballistic every time a player takes a knock ...fuk sake,Donie due
to train as usual this week,and ye have the unwashed talkin
about him missin the qf.......
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on July 08, 2013, 08:40:06 PM

No one said his was.

Lar Naparka

+1
I think Horan made his mind up long ago about his strongest possible fifteen and I don't see him making any changes now unless it's due to injury or if someone who has been out is ready to return.
Same as Keith in the corner, Donie seems set to continue on at no. 6 unless he actually gets injured. The time for experimenting is over.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

macdanger2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 08, 2013, 09:31:39 PM
+1
I think Horan made his mind up long ago about his strongest possible fifteen and I don't see him making any changes now unless it's due to injury or if someone who has been out is ready to return.
Same as Keith in the corner, Donie seems set to continue on at no. 6 unless he actually gets injured. The time for experimenting is over.

Wouldn't agree with that last line Lar, it's never too late to make changes if the manager feels something isn't right. Clearly Horan doesn't however.

Say Donie were out with injury though, who would you put in? Burke on the wing and move keegan to 6?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 08, 2013, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 08, 2013, 09:31:39 PM
+1

Wouldn't agree with that last line Lar, it's never too late to make changes if the manager feels something isn't right. Clearly Horan doesn't however.

Say Donie were out with injury though, who would you put in? Burke on the wing and move keegan to 6?

Aha, but that's what I'm saying, isn't it? ;)
That's why Donie is set to fill the CHB position for the foreseeable future. I can't see Horan experimenting with the half back line.
With regard to your questions, I'd bet that Tom Cuniffe would be moved to replace Donie with either Kevin Keane or Shane McHale taking his place.

maigheo

Donie Vaughan may have 6 on his back but it is usually Boyle or Keegan that play chb.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: maigheo on July 08, 2013, 11:02:07 PM
Donie Vaughan may have 6 on his back but it is usually Boyle or Keegan that play chb.
Exactly and there's the reason Horan won't make changes unless they are forced upon him. Numbers mean nothing in the traditional sense and it's all about fitting into a general game plan.
Did you notice how JH stuck with Alan Freeman until he finally started to come good? It a obvious from an early stage that Horan had faith in him and was going to persevere with him until he got things right.
I think it's the same with Donie Vaughan; I'd say most of us here didn't expect to see him in the first 15 this year but he obviously ticks the right boxes for Horan no matter what number he wears.

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 09, 2013, 09:08:38 AM
Exactly and there’s the reason Horan won’t make changes unless they are forced upon him. Numbers mean nothing in the traditional sense and it’s all about fitting into a general game plan.
Did you notice how JH stuck with Alan Freeman until he finally started to come good? It a obvious from an early stage that Horan had faith in him and was going to persevere with him until he got things right.
I think it’s the same with Donie Vaughan; I’d say most of us here didn’t expect to see him in the first 15 this year but he obviously ticks the right boxes for Horan no matter what number he wears.

coming good in games that are won eaily count for nothing.  he was still rubbush against galway and im presuming he is still only a stand in untill every one else is fit. as i expect andy and conroy to comeback into the team and when barry is back one of the o sés will probably move into the forward line most likely aidan.
Cant see freeman making the team then
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tubberman

Exactly and there's the reason Horan won't make changes unless they are forced upon him. Numbers mean nothing in the traditional sense and it's all about fitting into a general game plan.
I think it's the same with Donie Vaughan; I'd say most of us here didn't expect to see him in the first 15 this year but he obviously ticks the right boxes for Horan no matter what number he wears.

Alan Freeman hardly played a game last year - he was starting this year because of injuries - we were without Andy, Alan, Cillian, Doherty and Conroy for most of the year.
But thankfully it has worked to Freeman's advantage and he has regained some form. Not sure him getting his starting spot was due to anything more than necessity though.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Quote from: rosnarun on July 09, 2013, 09:50:18 AM
Exactly and there’s the reason Horan won’t make changes unless they are forced upon him. Numbers mean nothing in the traditional sense and it’s all about fitting into a general game plan.
I think it’s the same with Donie Vaughan; I’d say most of us here didn’t expect to see him in the first 15 this year but he obviously ticks the right boxes for Horan no matter what number he wears.

coming good in games that are won eaily count for nothing.  he was still rubbush against galway and im presuming he is still only a stand in untill every one else is fit. as i expect andy and conroy to comeback into the team and when barry is back one of the o sés will probably move into the forward line most likely aidan.

What injured player is going to replace Vaughan??
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

criostlinn

Quote from: rosnarun on July 09, 2013, 09:50:18 AM

Alan Freeman was not rubbish against Galway. This comment is typical of some of the fans Ive witnessed at matches "supporting" Mayo. There was two lads behind me at the Galway match giving out stink about Freeman loosing a ball down the other end of the pitch despite the fact he was alraedy subbed of