Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 09, 2013, 10:40:50 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2013, 07:25:33 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2013, 07:10:04 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 09, 2013, 06:59:56 PM
We might as well change the thread title after it's been hijacked by the Rossies.  ::)

We need a decoy thread.

Maybe a cheeky shepherds thread or a Ewe r gorgeous forum?

That's funny.

Bejazes, you sure do look cute, Syf.
Was it your First Communion or Confirmation  photo?

Nathy's graduation. Don't you recognise the tar, Lar?

Anyways, I hear St. Patrick is retiring (the Westport one, not the lad buried in Downpatrick). Isn't the fifth sign of the apocalypse?

Farrandeelin

He was at the Mayo v Roscommon match on crutches. Anybody know when he started making the banners anyway? He was kind of amusing at the start, but the novelty wore off pretty quick.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2013, 10:08:52 AM
He was at the Mayo v Roscommon match on crutches. Anybody know when he started making the banners anyway? He was kind of amusing at the start, but the novelty wore off pretty quick.
He's also as nutty as a fruit cake!
I met him once and for some reason, I think he'll be happy if we never meet up again.
After the fiasco in Sligo back in 2010, I met him as I went charging out the gate.
So I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and I asked him if he was interested in taking on the manager's job. "You can't do any worse than that chancer out there," sez I and ya know what; he dropped his bleedy banner and took off like a hare.
Bejazes, it was a simple enough question but maybe I shouldn't have roared in his face. I suppose I was thinking of the slagging I was going to get from Sligonian as we had arranged to meet up after the game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 10, 2013, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2013, 10:08:52 AM
He's also as nutty as a fruit cake!
I met him once and for some reason, I think he'll be happy if we never meet up again.
After the fiasco in Sligo back in 2010, I met him as I went charging out the gate.
So I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and I asked him if he was interested in taking on the manager's job. "You can't do any worse than that chancer out there," sez I and ya know what; he dropped his bleedy banner and took off like a hare.
Bejazes, it was a simple enough question but maybe I shouldn't have roared in his face. I suppose I was thinking of the slagging I was going to get from Sligonian as we had arranged to meet up after the game.

I got a little annoyed with him at the U-21 Final in Ennis. Everyone was watching the match, alot of nerves in the stands, yet he was up and down like a yo-yo shouting rubbish beating some kind of drum or kettle or something. I actually barked at him "did he ever watch a single match he went to, coz you always have your back the the game". He was really getting on my nerves that day.

I seem to remember him distrupting a senior match years ago in McHale Park, where he got in an argument with one of the officials or something. He also got sharp shift out of a pub in Castlebar one day, he came in howling and the entire pub were annoyed/bemused.

Didn't Laois have their own eejit, who used bring a chicken or something to matches, he threw it onto the pitch at a Portlaoise v Crossmaglen match trying to throw off the Cross lads as they were losing and out of time (Cross were losing).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rosnarun

hes harmless enough . not a complete nut as far as im aware  but just thinks hes a lot funnier that he actually is . his health is bad at the moment so maybe we should cut him some slack.
From an article a couple oif yers back i think he's actually a soccer head remindsme a lot of Willie the shoe.
its the imitators im more wary of . ya hear that mexican wrestler chicken man!!( i know your here)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on July 10, 2013, 12:38:03 PM
hes harmless enough . not a complete nut as far as im aware  but just thinks hes a lot funnier that he actually is . his health is bad at the moment so maybe we should cut him some slack.
From an article a couple oif yers back i think he's actually a soccer head remindsme a lot of Willie the shoe.
its the imitators im more wary of . ya hear that mexican wrestler chicken man!!( i know your here)

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Here's a report on the injuries situation in the Mayo camp.
This is from the Indo and I wouldn't put too much faith in it given that we seem to have a new player in the panel.
Anyone know anything about Mickey Conway? :D
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/vaughan-a-doubt-for-exiles-showdown-29412111.html
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Horan reckons Cillian could even be in line to start in the Connacht Final. Doubtful enough I'd have thought

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=196354

Mayo forward Cillian O'Connor is very close to a return to action.

Speculation is growing that O'Connor could feature in the Connacht SFC final against London on Sunday week following his return to full training.

O'Connor has been sidelined with a shoulder injury since the end of last year, and Horan admitted to the Western People that a return was close.

"Cillian is making huge progress and is getting closer and closer to a return," revealed Horan. "Our options for the Connacht final are completely open at the moment and we'll have a very interesting time at training this week, I'd say.

"It remains to be seen whether Cillian will line out in the Connacht final, but funnier things have happened." - See more at: http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=196354#sthash.fDqrdOyb.dpuf

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on July 11, 2013, 12:10:44 PM
Horan reckons Cillian could even be in line to start in the Connacht Final. Doubtful enough I'd have thought

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=196354

Mayo forward Cillian O'Connor is very close to a return to action.

Speculation is growing that O'Connor could feature in the Connacht SFC final against London on Sunday week following his return to full training.

O'Connor has been sidelined with a shoulder injury since the end of last year, and Horan admitted to the Western People that a return was close.

"Cillian is making huge progress and is getting closer and closer to a return," revealed Horan. "Our options for the Connacht final are completely open at the moment and we'll have a very interesting time at training this week, I'd say.

"It remains to be seen whether Cillian will line out in the Connacht final, but funnier things have happened." - See more at: http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=196354#sthash.fDqrdOyb.dpuf

Yet more top class thievery of someone elses' journalism by Hogan Stand. They really know their stuff.

rosnarun

Quote from: muppet on July 10, 2013, 03:14:15 PM

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
na castlebar celtic
only got into mayo when he started broadcasting.
any new on chris barret . usually starts when fully fit . not sure where he'd go now?
cunniffe CHB Barret back in ther corner? esp if vaghan doesn't make it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

joemamas

Quote from: rosnarun on July 11, 2013, 04:33:06 PM

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
na castlebar celtic
any new on chris barret . usually starts when fully fit . not sure where he'd go now?

Barret was not overly impressive in league, remember one of Dublin games and he was hoofing the ball out of defense, no idea where it was going even though he was not under any real pressure. I would say Cuniffe and Keane and Ballymun club player are most likely to start before him.

Syferus

Quote from: joemamas on July 11, 2013, 06:21:12 PM

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
na castlebar celtic

Barret was not overly impressive in league, remember one of Dublin games and he was hoofing the ball out of defense, no idea where it was going even though he was not under any real pressure. I would say Cuniffe and Keane and Ballymun club player are most likely to start before him.

James Burke? Didn't even know he got called up to the panel. Good for him.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2013, 06:24:10 PM

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
na castlebar celtic

You're slipping Syf!
Your lack of knowledge doesn't stop you posting though ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on July 11, 2013, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2013, 06:24:10 PM

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
na castlebar celtic

You're slipping Syf!
Your lack of knowledge n doesn't stop you posting though ;)

I know far more about Mayo football than I'd like to know thanks to the Ballagh Taliban :P

muppet

The Shoe was a Gaa man.
na castlebar celtic

I played for both before there was local radio.

He was a Gaaman.

He managed Mitchels Juniors beck then.
MWWSI 2017