Armagh v Wicklow

Started by illdecide, June 20, 2013, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

So the real championship starts next Sunday for Armagh...

Wicklow will be a tough enough nut to crack but realistically if we can't beat Wicklow at home then we're in a worse place than i thought we were in.

1. Mc Evoy
2. McKeown
3. B Donaghy
4. Shields
5. A Kernan
6. J Morgan
7. C McKeever
8. K Toner
9. Harold
10. K Dyas (R Grugan)
11. B Mallon
12. T Kernan
13. J Clarke
14. S Forker
15. E McVerry (S Campbell)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

I'd say that is at least 13 of the starting team with the 2 you have questions over being the 2 who may or may not start.  Will be interesting how they line out tactically wise.  To sweep or not to sweep?

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 20, 2013, 03:46:14 PM
I'd say that is at least 13 of the starting team with the 2 you have questions over being the 2 who may or may not start.  Will be interesting how they line out tactically wise.  To sweep or not to sweep?

Dyas back playing in front of full back line? He's a good reader of the game and is comfortable on the ball. He can kick a god pass too

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2013, 04:13:05 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 20, 2013, 03:46:14 PM

Dyas back playing in front of full back line? He's a good reader of the game and is comfortable on the ball. He can kick a god pass too

Or if they're wise they will observe that Wicklow like to leave space inside for their FF line so what I think they should do is actually simply leave the 6 defenders in defence,put Shields on  AKs man if they bring a FF out and then leave AK to sit between the FB and HB lines so that he can counter attack front it.

illdecide

If Wicklow do that then that would work ok as AK likes to bomb forward and with not having the same defensive duties then he could be a good link to forward line...i reckon PG should give us a call ;)

illdecide

All is very quiet for this game (i know its not a glamour tie) but i thought there'd be a bit of interest...

Will Armagh name the team early in the week like the last time? Whats the injury situation at the min with the guys struggling to be fit

naka

armagh had a decent win against offaly but dont know much about the team etc
all very quiet
think mc keever and dyas struggling as is charlie

BennyCake

Do you need a ticket for the covered stand, or can you pay cash at the turnstiles on matchday?

T Fearon

Fascinating tie,as for the first time ever,there'll be more Armagh players in the USA than at the Athletic Grounds,this Sunday.

It's only two years since we trailed Wicklow by 11 points in the qualifiers in Armagh,and forced an unlikely draw in the end.

Personally I can't wait to see how Plan A is developing and to look for any hint of Plan B

Syferus

Ye Apples better make it through the Garden, we want to dole yet more pain out to your fine county after your hurlers' 'deposit' earlier in the year  >:(

ardchieftain

Be careful what you wish for lad.

ardchieftain

Quote from: BennyCake on June 25, 2013, 01:41:41 AM
Do you need a ticket for the covered stand, or can you pay cash at the turnstiles on matchday?

I'd say paying at the turnstile will be no problem Benny. Can't see there being a massive crowd in for this game.

Syferus

Quote from: ardchieftain on June 25, 2013, 03:19:56 PM
Be careful what you wish for lad.

Do I really need to dirge up the quotes from last year,  lad-een? ;)

Wicklow aren't up to much, particularly outside Aughrim. I can see a 6+ coming for Armagh if they've got their shooting boots on.

naka

syferus
you clearly havent seen armagh this year
i wouldnt fancy us to beat our ladies team ;)

T Fearon

First come first served, at the turnstile, even for Season Ticket Holders. Not too often that happens in a Championship game.