Marian Price Released!

Started by Nally Stand, May 30, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Recipients_of_British_royal_pardons

Delours is on this list, but not Marion. Again I'm not sure how reliable it is. Blackbeard is on it but Derek Bentley isn't even though he was definitely pardoned recently, albeit having been hanged in the 1950s.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on June 01, 2013, 09:33:05 PM
They did say it was 'lost'. Maybe Owen Patterson was checking the Wiki list too.

It may have been recently updated.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

They don't deny it was granted, but the fact that it was "lost" seemed to be the loophole Patterson needed to lock her away.

From a bbc article at the time of her arrest:

"Her solicitor, Peter Corrigan told the court: "As part of that application we had written to the NIO seeking a copy of the actual pardon that was conferred on the defendant in 1981.

"To this date the NIO still have not served that important document on us, and it is central to us making an abuse of process application."

The defence case is that terms of the pardon covered all of the offences for which Price was convicted in 1974, Mr Corrigan added.

Her lawyers are understood to be seeking to establish there was no power for the licence to be revoked.

The judge stressed that anything required to mount the argument should be provided by the authorities."

How convenient for them that the pardon was "lost" then, eh!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 02, 2013, 12:09:58 AM
How convenient for them that the pardon was "lost" then, eh!!

You would think MMG would help his government look for the royal pardon.  :D
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Tony Baloney

Well going by the Stevens Inquiry etc. there is a long history of convenient disappearance of critical documents. I think they even (allegedly  ::) ) torched an evidence room in Carrickfergus.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on June 02, 2013, 12:37:26 AM
It's just an addition to the prolonged torture her and her sister have faced tbh.

Dolours lived beside us. The house was turned upside down anytime they fancied. They found nothing but left the house a kip. The two kids (my mates at the time) came up to our house as my ma went in to help tidy up. This wasn't once in a blue moon either.

I was old enough to remember this and I was born in '86.

Can you just imagine the sort of shit that was going on in the 70s when houses were raided and hundreds taken away and locked up even though they were accused of nothing ?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 02, 2013, 12:18:02 AM
Well going by the Stevens Inquiry etc. there is a long history of convenient disappearance of critical documents. I think they even (allegedly  ::) ) torched an evidence room in Carrickfergus.

Indeed. There was obviously plenty more evidence around that caused the brits to withhold (in the region of) 19,980 pages of that 20,000 report, and heavily censor the twenty or so pages they did release. Stevens also said the obstruction he recieved from the british security forces throughout his investigation was "widespread" and "cultural in it's nature".

On the fire, Stevens wrote...

"There was a clear breach of security before the planned arrest of Nelson and other senior loyalists. Information was leaked to the loyalist paramilitaries and the press. This resulted in the operation being aborted. Nelson was advised by his FRU handlers to leave home the night before. A new date was set for the operation on account of the leak. The night before the new operation my Incident room was destroyed by fire. This incident, in my opinion, has never been adequately investigated and I believe it was a deliberate act of arson."

Oddly, the smoke alarms and heat sensors didn't work, there was no water in the fire protection system and the telephone lines had been mysteriously cut. The Sunday Times later published claimes from a former British Army FRU member that his unit was behind the fire and british defence secretary Geoff Hoon went so far as to obtain an injunction in the High Court in London banning the paper from publishing any more allegations.

But, yeah, I'm sure Marian's pardon was innocently lost. Eh hem.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 02, 2013, 01:03:47 AM

Indeed. There was obviously plenty more evidence around that caused the brits to withhold (in the region of) 19,980 pages of that 20,000 report, and heavily censor the twenty or so pages they did release. Stevens also said the obstruction he recieved from the british security forces throughout his investigation was "widespread" and "cultural in it's nature".

"There was a clear breach of security before the planned arrest of Nelson and other senior loyalists. Information was leaked to the loyalist paramilitaries and the press. This resulted in the operation being aborted. Nelson was advised by his FRU handlers to leave home the night before. A new date was set for the operation on account of the leak. The night before the new operation my Incident room was destroyed by fire. This incident, in my opinion, has never been adequately investigated and I believe it was a deliberate act of arson."

Oddly, the smoke alarms and heat sensors didn't work, there was no water in the fire protection system and the telephone lines had been mysteriously cut. The Sunday Times later published claimes from a former British Army FRU member that his unit was behind the fire and british defence secretary Geoff Hoon went so far as to obtain an injunction in the High Court in London banning the paper from publishing any more allegations.

Cnuts.

ranch

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 02, 2013, 01:03:47 AM

Also;

" 4.6 I have uncovered enough evidence to lead me to believe that the murders of Patrick Finucane and Brian Adam Lambert could have been prevented. I also believe that the RUC investigation of Patrick Finucane's murder should have resulted in the early arrest and detection of his killers.

4.7 I conclude there was collusion in both murders and the circumstances surrounding them. Collusion is evidenced in many ways. This ranges from the willful failure to keep records, the absence of accountability, the withholding of intelligence and evidence, through to the extreme of agents being involved in murder.

4.8 The failure to keep records or the existence of contradictory accounts can often be perceived as evidence of concealment or malpractice. It limits the opportunity to rebut serious allegations. The absence of accountability allows the acts or omissions of individuals to go undetected. The withholding of information impedes the prevention of crime and the arrest of suspects. The unlawful involvement of agents in murder implies that the security forces sanction killings.

4.9 My three Enquiries have found all these elements of collusion to be present. The co-ordination, dissemination and sharing of intelligence were poor. Informants and agents were allowed to operate without effective control and to participate in terrorist crimes. Nationalists were known to be targeted but were not properly warned or protected. Crucial information was withheld from Senior Investigating Officers. Important evidence was neither exploited nor preserved.

Under "Other Matters concerning Collusion", Stevens noted:
2.17 My Enquiry team also investigated an allegation that senior RUC officers briefed the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Home Department, the Rt Hon Douglas Hogg QC, MP, that 'some solicitors were unduly sympathetic to the cause of the IRA'. Mr Hogg repeated this view during a debate on the Prevention of Terrorism legislation in the House of Commons. Within a few weeks Patrick Finucane was murdered. Mr Hogg's comments about solicitors' support for terrorism made on 17 January 1989 aroused controversy. To the extent that they were based on information passed by the RUC, they were not justifiable and the Enquiry concludes that the Minister was compromised.

2.18 A further aspect of my Enquiry was how the RUC dealt with threat intelligence. This included examination and analysis of RUC records to determine whether both sides of the community were dealt with in equal measure. They were not.
"

But yeah, Republicans from the north are the scumbags apparently. Why didn't we sit back and abide by the law of the land!!?

Go home ref

Members

1,069 posts
LocationBobby Sands Street
Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Martin Corey released from prison
_72310793_martincorey.jpgMartin Corey spent almost four years in jail without trial after his licence was revoked.
The prominent Irish republican, Martin Corey, has been released after almost four years in prison without trial.
He had been held in Maghaberry jail since April 2010 without any charges being brought against him, after he was deemed to be a risk to the public.
The Republican Sinn Féin member is a convicted double murderer.
Corey was originally sentenced to life in prison in 1973 for his part in the IRA murders of two police officers, but was released on licence in 1992.
He was re-arrested at his home in Lurgan, County Armagh, on 16 April 2010 and had been in custody since that date.
'Unspecified allegations'
He was told he was being sent back to jail because he was considered a risk to the public, but at the time neither Corey, or his legal team, were told why the authorities believed he posed a threat.
Former Northern Ireland Secretary of State Shaun Woodward had ordered his prison recall on the basis of "closed material" and unspecified allegations of involvement with dissident republicans.
Corey's supporters claimed he was being interned without trial and launched a campaign to secure his release.
Last May, his lawyers said they would challenge his detention in the European court.
Corey was released from custody on Wednesday evening on the instructions of Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Theresa Villiers.
'Political embarrassment'
He left Maghaberry prison via a back entrance in an unmarked van.
It is understood the conditions of his release include a ban on speaking to the media.
Members of the Free Martin Corey Campaign have told the BBC they had concerns about the manner of his release.
A campaign spokesperson, Cait Trainor, said: "It is clear the continued imprisonment of Martin Corey was a political embarrassment to the Northern Ireland Office and he was released in a way that would ensure minimum publicity."
http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-25744626

trileacman

Quote from: Go home ref on January 16, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

Members

1,069 posts
_72310793_martincorey.jpgMartin Corey spent almost four years in jail without trial after his licence was revoked.
The prominent Irish republican, Martin Corey, has been released after almost four years in prison without trial.
He had been held in Maghaberry jail since April 2010 without any charges being brought against him, after he was deemed to be a risk to the public.
Corey was originally sentenced to life in prison in 1973 for his part in the IRA murders of two police officers, but was released on licence in 1992.
He was re-arrested at his home in Lurgan, County Armagh, on 16 April 2010 and had been in custody since that date.
He was told he was being sent back to jail because he was considered a risk to the public, but at the time neither Corey, or his legal team, were told why the authorities believed he posed a threat.
Former Northern Ireland Secretary of State Shaun Woodward had ordered his prison recall on the basis of "closed material" and unspecified allegations of involvement with dissident republicans.
Corey's supporters claimed he was being interned without trial and launched a campaign to secure his release.
Last May, his lawyers said they would challenge his detention in the European court.
Corey was released from custody on Wednesday evening on the instructions of Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Theresa Villiers.
It is understood the conditions of his release include a ban on speaking to the media.
Members of the Free Martin Corey Campaign have told the BBC they had concerns about the manner of his release.
A campaign spokesperson, Cait Trainor, said: "It is clear the continued imprisonment of Martin Corey was a political embarrassment to the Northern Ireland Office and he was released in a way that would ensure minimum publicity."

Very f**king strange that one, Corey would be no angel but the State has no right to shut someone up like that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

theticklemister

Quote from: trileacman on January 16, 2014, 07:08:52 PM
Quote from: Go home ref on January 16, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

Members

1,069 posts

Very f**king strange that one, Corey would be no angel but the State has no right to shut someone up like that.

Censorship is alive and well.

Bit what happened to the Shinners under Section 31.

Nally Stand

It's almost as if internment is too much of an embarrassment to allow him to speak about it.

Danny Morrison@molloy1916 8h
prohibited from speaking publicly or writing for any publication, and barred from certain areas- SA apartheid Internal Security Act. M Corey

JUst retired

also acccording to UTV news,he may not live within 20 miles of his home in lurgan.
Now I would not agree with his politics but I feel it is vindictive of the courts/brit.system to do this,as they dont appear to have any evidence against him.We are still under the jackboot of the system which is rotten to the core.

Kidder81

Quote from: JUst retired on January 16, 2014, 08:50:06 PM
also acccording to UTV news,he may not live within 20 miles of his home in lurgan.
Now I would not agree with his politics but I feel it is vindictive of the courts/brit.system to do this,as they dont appear to have any evidence against him.We are still under the jackboot of the system which is rotten to the core.

Would that not be a good thing ?