Marian Price Released!

Started by Nally Stand, May 30, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 31, 2013, 10:50:37 AM
Quote from: glens abu on May 31, 2013, 10:46:11 AM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 31, 2013, 09:48:12 AM
Quote from: glens abu on May 31, 2013, 09:43:38 AM

Nothing wrong with being a constitutional republican. Plenty wrong with the other type of repulican. The type that preaches hatred towards all things that don't fit into their way of thinking.

Well you need to tell that to Ann Travers, Jim Allister and the SDLP/TUV.

Seriously? Your comparing Ann Travers and the SDLP with people like Marion Price? Wise up!

I take it when you say constitutional Republican you mean one who at present doesn't agree with armed actions,so by your thinking its alright to intern a non constitutional Republican and its OK to discriminate against a constitutional Republican.Catch a grip.

If she's against armed action why was she even at the Easter Hate Rally (some call it a commemoration) never mind on the stage holding a leaflet for a masked coward with no mandate to preach hate?
[/quote]

Are you thick or what,I never said that she didn't support armed actions but in your eyes that makes it OK to intern her,and will you answer if you believe as Ann Travers and the SDLP/TUV do that its OK to discriminate against "constitutional Republicans".

OakleafCounty

Nah I'm not thick but you must be throwing out insults on an internet forum. It's as useful as snow on a rope!

The fact of the matter is that if she'd kept her head down she wouldn't have been put back in the slammer. She couldn't even do that much. This whole episode was nothing more than a failed political stunt.

To answer your question. I think the SDLP have got it wrong. If someone has served for their crime and is keeping their head down (unlike Price) they should be entitled to fair employment practice. Though I do have issue with how advisers are appointed to all parties.

Though I wouldn't criticise Ann Travers as I can see why it would make her sick.

Nally Stand

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 31, 2013, 11:13:33 AM
Nah I'm not thick but you must be throwing out insults on an internet forum. It's as useful as snow on a rope!

The fact of the matter is that if she'd kept her head down she wouldn't have been put back in the slammer. She couldn't even do that much. This whole episode was nothing more than a failed political stunt.

To answer your question. I think the SDLP have got it wrong. If someone has served for their crime and is keeping their head down (unlike Price) they should be entitled to fair employment practice. Though I do have issue with how advisers are appointed to all parties.

Though I wouldn't criticise Ann Travers as I can see why it would make her sick.

You still haven't grasped the whole concept of internment, and how it's utterly wrong, have you.  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

glens abu

So if you're a "constitutional Republican"you can be discriminated against but just keep your head down and say nothing or we might intern you.Jesus wept.Its attitudes like that have the Stoops in the mess thay are in today.

glens abu

[/b]

If Ann Travers had campained for all those who been involved in the conflict not to be appointed as SPADs then I could understand were she was coming from,but she Jim Allister with the help of the SDLP are bringing in a law that will only punish those from the Republican tradition.So I will criticise her. 

trueblue1234

Point of order. Improper use of saying. Proper saying is "He/she couldn't box/kick snow of a rope"

I think you were looking for one of the following saying

As useful as,

1) Chocolate Fireguard
2) Chocolate teapot
3) Handbrake in a canoe
4) Tits ona  bull/ nun
5) Catflap ona  submarine
6) Solar powered torch
7) Sandbag in the desert
8) Vacuum cleaner on the moon
9) inflatable dartboard
10) Enda Kenny
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

deiseach

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 31, 2013, 11:51:48 AM
As useful as,

1) Chocolate Fireguard
2) Chocolate teapot
3) Handbrake in a canoe
4) Tits ona  bull/ nun
6) Solar powered torch
7) Sandbag in the desert
8] Vacuum cleaner on the moon
9) inflatable dartboard
10) Enda Kenny

11) Ashtray on a motor bike

Nally Stand

Quote from: deiseach on May 31, 2013, 11:57:01 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 31, 2013, 11:51:48 AM
As useful as,

1) Chocolate Fireguard
2) Chocolate teapot
3) Handbrake in a canoe
4) Tits ona  bull/ nun
6) Solar powered torch
7) Sandbag in the desert
8] Vacuum cleaner on the moon
9) inflatable dartboard
10) Enda Kenny

11) Ashtray on a motor bike

12) The Stoops
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

deiseach

13) Expecting an independent thought from the Shinner hive mind.

Rossfan

The fact of the matter is that if she'd kept her head down she wouldn't have been put back in the slammer. She couldn't even do that much. .

So not keeping your head down is a locking up offence? Very pre 1967ish viewpoint. ::)
Surely if she broke the Law she should have been charged with some offence.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 31, 2013, 11:58:42 AM

12) The Stoops
[/quote]

If it wasn't for the stoops (that's cute) a lot of republicans would still be in the maze.

Nally Stand

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 31, 2013, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 31, 2013, 11:58:42 AM

12) The Stoops

If it wasn't for the stoops (that's cute) a lot of republicans would still be in the maze.
[/quote]

Yes, sure as this week has shown, the stoops are the true champions of Republican prisoners' interests!

NAG1

Oakleaf I think you are a WUM

You are literally setting up straw men for these lads to shoot down.

If you are going to defend the SDLP's position on this, put forward some kind of coherent argument that actually stacks up.
That way we will at least see if you are genuine.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: NAG1 on May 31, 2013, 12:37:22 PM
Oakleaf I think you are a WUM

You are literally setting up straw men for these lads to shoot down.

If you are going to defend the SDLP's position on this, put forward some kind of coherent argument that actually stacks up.
That way we will at least see if you are genuine.

The SDLP's position on what?

I already said I think they got it wrong with the special advisers and I don't know their position on Marion Price.

muppet

Serious question.

Can someone put up the relevent passage from the GFA please, so I make up my own mind?
MWWSI 2017