Marian Price Released!

Started by Nally Stand, May 30, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Decision to be made today on whether or not she is to be released. Hopefully she will be at home in her own bed tonight.

EDIT: She's free!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 30, 2013, 02:23:18 PM
Decision to be made today on whether or not she is to be released. Hopefully she will be at home in her own bed tonight.

Was she allowed to go to Dolours' funeral?

There is a song about the death of her mother from the Béal Tuinne album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUjp5-TqaXc

Faoí scaíl dhubh an bháis
Briseann an croí faoí dheireadh
Ar mháthair óg ón dTuaisceart.
Na garlaigh dís, iníonacha óga
Anois faoí cheo i bpríosún Lincoln.
A Mharian, A Dholorus, Slán go deo
Ní chloinnfidh sibh, ná ní fheicfidh sibh
Torann clochach na cré bui
Ag titeam ar chónra bhúr máthar.
A shaoirse, nach íobairteach
Scaradh clainne is deora faóí.
A Mharian, A Dholorus, Slán go deo

Nally Stand

She wasn't released for the funeral. A completely unjustifiable decision which makes it hard to get the hopes up for today's decision.

P.s. Thanks for the link. Never came across it before.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Nally Stand

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 30, 2013, 03:22:43 PM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 30, 2013, 03:17:19 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 30, 2013, 03:08:09 PM
She's released!!

Who cares?

Anybody who opposes internment without trial.

It wasn't internment. She broke the conditions of her release under the GFA so was put back in the slammer. The sooner her entire generation of 'former' scumbags die off the better!

seafoid

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 30, 2013, 02:35:28 PM
She wasn't released for the funeral. A completely unjustifiable decision which makes it hard to get the hopes up for today's decision.

P.s. Thanks for the link. Never came across it before.
Good news re the release . They'll have to paint over that mural on the Falls Road this weekend.
Bastards re the funeral. She also missed her mother's funeral.

theticklemister

Ah great news. Cheered me right up here sitting during a boring lecture.

Here it rings on the air
It's the sound of my country so fair........

She is brought home for the second time.

theticklemister

Ah great news. Cheered me right up here sitting during a boring lecture.

Here it rings on the air
It's the sound of my country so fair........

She is brought home for the second time.

nrico2006

As I said before it shows the prejudice in the North when she was locked away for a few years for attending a rally while on licence while Torrens Knight was convicted of a violent crime yet didn't get his licence revoked.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Nally Stand

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 30, 2013, 03:27:08 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 30, 2013, 03:22:43 PM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 30, 2013, 03:17:19 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 30, 2013, 03:08:09 PM
She's released!!

Who cares?

Anybody who opposes internment without trial.

It wasn't internment. She broke the conditions of her release under the GFA so was put back in the slammer. The sooner her entire generation of 'former' scumbags die off the better!

Get your facts straight you clown.  (And with a remark like that, you're in no position to start calling anybody else a sc**bag.

To quote UK Rights Watch "She is not subject to the same terms of the agreement applying to prisoners released following the Belfast/Good Friday Agreement." She was released on a "royal pardon", not a licence. This means she received a full pardon. This pardon was unbelievably (literally unbelievably) "lost" which only then was conveniently replaced by a licence. The loss/destroying of this pardon should have meant that Owen Patterson had no legal power to order her detention. Her own defence barristers are forbidden from even seeing the state's "intelligence report" on her. Charges against her in May 2009 were dismissed. She was given bail by the courts for subsequent charges and was yet still in jail without trial for over two years. This is internment.

To quote her solicitors re. the "lost" pardon.... "It is difficult to fathom how, even exercising a modicum of care, this document was destroyed without someone, before destruction, ensuring that the original (or at least another copy) was still in existence ... There is certainly a foundation for suggesting that the document may (and we can put it no higher) have been deliberately 'buried' given the embarrassment it might cause."

"This is a form of internment. I am just shocked that the secretary of state wouldn't be aware of how seriously nationalist people look on internment." Monsignor Murray, prison chaplain in Armagh for almost 20 years.

"The facts of Price's detention, taken together, suggest she is being held indefinitely not because there is evidence that she is guilty of serious crime, but because the Northern Ireland Office believes the state is better off with her out of the way – that, in everyday language, she is in internment." Eamon McCann

"...tantamount to internment without trial" Sinn Féin

"Marian Price being interned" Albain McGuinness, SDLP

"Price had subsequently been granted a royal pardon and was actually not on licence at all so the proconsul has no power at all to revoke a licence that has been made redundant by the pardon. Needless to say, Price's solicitor has taken this to court - three times. But guess what, the British Government can't find the pardon. A pardon nobody disputes was granted. They say it has been lost or maybe shredded. If you believe that, you believe anything. In effect, the proconsul has interned Marion Price in what look like an act of political vindictiveness" Brian Feeney, Irish News

"in view of the fact that Marian Price has been interned without trial for a period of nearly two years, if he will consider raising the matter at a European level; and if he will make a statement on the matter" Mick Wallace

"Marian Price is the victim of psychological torture and internment without trial" Quote from an open letter signed by Mons Raymond Murray, Fr. Peter McVerry, Fr. Seán McManus, Margaretta D'Arcy; Deputies Éamon Ó c*ív, Maureen O'Sullivan, Thomas Pringle, Joan Collins, Richard Boyd Barrett, John Browne, Gerry Adams, Martin Ferris, Dessie Ellis, Séan Crowe, Michael Colreavy, Jonathan O'Brien, Mary Lou McDonald, Pearse Doherty, Sandra McLellan, Brian Stanley, Padraig MacLochlainn, Aengus O'Snodaigh, Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin, Peadar Toibín, Joe Higgins, Clare Daly; Cllrs Louise Minihan, Mannix Flynn, Christy Burke, Cieran Perry, Melisa Halpin, Brid Smith, Hugh Lewis, Niall Ring, Anna Quigley, Pat Dunne, Vincent Jackson, Damien O'Farrell; Senators Labhrás Ó Murchú, Jim Walsh, Kathryn Reilly, David Cullinane, Trevor Ó Clochartaigh, Darragh O'Brien, Brian Ó Domhnaill; Dr Féilim Ó hAdhmaill, Dr Ciarán Dawson, Dr Órla O'Donovan and Dr Kieran Allen

I could go on.

The Iceman

Excellent news! :)

Martin Corey next!!!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

SHEEDY

Quote from: The Iceman on May 30, 2013, 05:05:59 PM
Excellent news! :)

Martin Corey next!!!!!
and newry man Stephen murney, who has also been interned. excellent news regarding marians release. long overdue.
nil satis nisi optimum

glens abu

About time,now Martin Corry and John Downey should also be set free.