Boston-based Irish International Immigrant Center does the unspeakable Read mor

Started by FL/MAYO, May 23, 2013, 08:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Puckoon on May 23, 2013, 09:56:08 PM
I'm all for common sense FL, but we don't know all the info here. Is this a recurring problem? Are their visa holders under audit? Is the young girl being made an example of? Have they had a warning shot across their bow from immigration? In isolation, it's certainly heavy handed. Would a company who does quite a bit to help people and give them an opportunity just all of a sudden turn into such an overzealous tatletale?

Bottom line, taking the visa from this crowd is a choice. Take it as it's stated, or run the risk. She ran and now she's flying.

Not to mention that article is atrociously written - you can just see the steam coming out of the authors ears.

And this choice morsel

It is also unique to find an organization that so cheerfully defends its jackboot tactics and gets substantial Irish government funding while dashing the dreams of young people

How about suggesting they are protecting the dreams of other young people coming after, who are prepared and willing to abide by the rules?

You can see he is steamed in the article but I cant see why Niall O'Dowd would put his reputation on the line unless there is merit to the story.
Anyway Puck, isn't common sense  alien to a scientist like yourself ;)

lawnseed

Quote from: tommysmith on May 23, 2013, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 23, 2013, 10:00:21 PM
Should all illegal immigrants in Ireland be allowed stay? She is illegal, broke the law of another country so she should take her punishment.

Do you think all the other Illegal Irish in America should be sent home as well?

ahh jeez i never thought of that. most of the diaspora cant come to the big 'partaay' (gathering) since they are illegals
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Puckoon

Ah yeah, I get what you're saying FL. It's a bad situation, I'm just tired of these people in all walks of life not taking responsibility for their actions and the rest of the folks carrying the can and then being incredulous when they get busted for it.

BTW - The scientist tag is only for another 4 weeks. Then I'll be a businessman...

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Puckoon on May 23, 2013, 11:05:44 PM
Ah yeah, I get what you're saying FL. It's a bad situation, I'm just tired of these people in all walks of life not taking responsibility for their actions and the rest of the folks carrying the can and then being incredulous when they get busted for it.

BTW - The scientist tag is only for another 4 weeks. Then I'll be a businessman...

Ah great stuff Puck, congrats my friend, you're climbing the corporate ladder. Wont be long now until you'll be one of the 1%ers and a Republican.... giving out about how us union men are ruining the country ;)

Puckoon

Please God no. Now I watch Fox for the entertainment value (although the selective editing of the IRS hearings last night was top notch), if I start watching it for real I'll take a long walk off Pier 39.

whitey

My guess is that given their tax exempt status they have to be seen to be upholding the terms of the visa to the letter of the law. if they didn't act, there could have been wide ranging consequences for the entire organisation and the great work that they do in the Boston Irish community

They helped me find my first apartment in Boston and also helped my wife get her Irish citizenship-they do great work and I feel Mr O Dowd is out of line in his criticism

stew

Quote from: tommysmith on May 23, 2013, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 23, 2013, 10:00:21 PM
Should all illegal immigrants in Ireland be allowed stay? She is illegal, broke the law of another country so she should take her punishment.

Do you think all the other Illegal irish in America should be sent home aswell?

What the feck does it matter where someone is from?

Illegals should not be in a Country they have no right to be in, period! That said these despicable bastards seem to be profiting from hanging them out to dry so they are scumbags of the lowwest order.

Students on this visa should be afforded the opportunity to support themselves, if it is ok to let illegals work your fields as migrant workers surely a kid trying to get an education that sets them up for life be given the same opportunity!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Count 10

Whilst I have sympathy for her in that her American dream is now gone, was she not incredibly naïve to write the article under her own name?

Rules are rules with these type of organisation.

bennydorano

They've went out of their way to sink her AFAICS, actions of a jobsworth.

rosnarun

can every one with illegal aliens in the states please report them to the immigration Department please . think of how much money the american government will save.
those Drones don't bny themselves you know
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

johnneycool

Quote from: rosnarun on May 24, 2013, 11:16:14 AM
can every one with illegal aliens in the states please report them to the immigration Department please . think of how much money the american government will save.

But who would make those same drones?

stew

Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 23, 2013, 11:20:16 PM

Ah great stuff Puck, congrats my friend, you're climbing the corporate ladder. Wont be long now until you'll be one of the 1%ers and a Republican.... giving out about how us union men are ruining the country ;)

Unions are a dinosaur, my mate Scott bitch slapped the unions here in Wisconsin, no more collective bargaining here I am delighted to say! ;)

stew

Quote from: rosnarun on May 24, 2013, 11:16:14 AM

Righteo, so the money saved goes into buying drones, K then.

This shower of bastards need to lose their funding immediately, those that  were involved in this cowardly shit deserve more than a good boot up the hole, I am not one for illegal immigrants running around the place but these bastards are the scum of the earth and I am ashamed to say they are Irish, well some of them anyway.

Canalman

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2013, 01:59:56 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 23, 2013, 11:20:16 PM

Unions are a dinosaur, my mate Scott bitch slapped the unions here in Wisconsin, no more collective bargaining here I am delighted to say! ;)

Trade Unions won you and your family the right to "the weekend"  Stew and the right to  trifling things like overtime/ fair procedure/ designated breaks etc.