Where will Manchester United finish in David Moyes' first season in charge?

Started by BennyCake, May 21, 2013, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where will Manchester United finish in David Moyes' first season in charge?

Premiership Champions
22 (34.9%)
Runners-up
12 (19%)
3rd Place
15 (23.8%)
4th Place
5 (7.9%)
Outside the Top 4
9 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: August 15, 2013, 09:12:13 PM

BennyCake

OK, this is just a bit of craic.

I've maintained since his appointment that I don't think he's the right man for the job. A nice guy, decent manager, but the United job is just too much for him I feel. I hope he can prove me wrong though.

Anyway, that's my opinion, but what do the rest of you think? How high in the Premier League do you think Moyes can take United to in his first season? Can he win the title? Runners-up? Claim a top four spot? Or outside the top four?

Main Street

A random thread not started by Tony. ;D

The poll could do with a  -  'I don't give a fck' option.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Although he can trace his coaching lineage to the great Jock Stein (via his boss at Celtic,Billy Mc Neill) Moyes will struggle,unless of course Ferguson intends to be a back seat driver.

The Worker

Probably similar to what fergie would have achieved- third behind city and Chelsea.

Milltown Row2

Provided he gets Bale a good defender and a quality midfielder then they will finish top, the league was really poor last year so Utd will no doubt improve, RVP should have another decent start to the season.

Unless Moyes throws on his boots and starts playing himself why would Utd not have a decent season? If he adds 3 players he'll do well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2013, 09:34:06 PM
Although he can trace his coaching lineage to the great Jock Stein (via his boss at Celtic,Billy Mc Neill) Moyes will struggle,unless of course Ferguson intends to be a back seat driver.

I think he will struggle precisely because Fergie will try to be a back seat driver.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

I think United will do well because (a) they have a very good squad as it is; (b) I am pretty sure United will spend a lot this summer to strengthen the squad, the club will be extremely anxious to show the transition is working; (c) after my initial negative reaction I'm beginning to think Moyes is actually the perfect replacement in these circumstances.

As regards to the "back seat driver" issue I cannot see Ferguson doing that. He is far too cute for that. He will help Moyes as and when Moyes wants - I'd be shocked if it hasn't been discussed and agreed.

The big challengers will be Chelsea and city of course (Arsenal will buy and improve but not enough to really challenge). Interesting that all 3 will have new bosses at the helm - who will settle in quickest. My hunch is United is the most stable environment so I'm boldly predicting that Moyes takes the title in year 1!

Capt Pat

United are trying to repeat what they had with Ferguson, but Moyes is not Ferguson. They will find out the hard way that they should have gone after Mourinho.

nrico2006

In all seriousness there are 3 teams that will be going for the title next year - United, City and Chelsea.  Arsenal have slipped to the level of Spurs and Liverpool and will not really count, they will probably celebrate finishing 4th again come the end of the season though.  Spurs will think they have done brilliantly again by finishing 5th or 6th. 

United will definitely spend big this summer on new players, they know that a team needs to evolve which was evident with City's lack of regeneration last summer and subsequent league season.  United also need to show they mean business and I think there could be a huge signing such as Bale, Fabregas or Ronaldo this summer. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cold tea