Where will Manchester United finish in David Moyes' first season in charge?

Started by BennyCake, May 21, 2013, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where will Manchester United finish in David Moyes' first season in charge?

Premiership Champions
22 (34.9%)
Runners-up
12 (19%)
3rd Place
15 (23.8%)
4th Place
5 (7.9%)
Outside the Top 4
9 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: August 15, 2013, 09:12:13 PM

AZOffaly

I might be laughed out of court here, and baby activities may be addling my brain, but I think Arsenal are serious dark horses for the title next season if the big 3 take time to settle. Despite the ridicule heaped on Wenger and co this season, they actually did better than last season when they had RVP, albeit he had injury absences.

Spurs will surely be aiming for the top 4, if they can hold onto Bale, so I agree that next season could theoretically be a race between 5 clubs for the title. I think Chelsea will win it, Arsenal second, United Third and Spurs 4th.

Liverpool and Citeh to battle for 5th.

laoislad

Good man AZ keep the hype down,let them all think we don't think next year is Liverpool's year...
We all know it will be though..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on September 28, 2013, 08:25:40 PM
I should really have included a 'mid table' option.
At the moment only three points above the relegation zone.

BennyCake

BennyCake

I never thought United would win the title, but my runners-up vote is even looking ridiculous now.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 23, 2013, 04:25:31 PM
I might be laughed out of court here, and baby activities may be addling my brain, but I think Arsenal are serious dark horses for the title next season if the big 3 take time to settle. Despite the ridicule heaped on Wenger and co this season, they actually did better than last season when they had RVP, albeit he had injury absences.

Spurs will surely be aiming for the top 4, if they can hold onto Bale, so I agree that next season could theoretically be a race between 5 clubs for the title. I think Chelsea will win it, Arsenal second, United Third and Spurs 4th.

Liverpool and Citeh to battle for 5th.

Hmmmmm

orangeman

Dinny Breen

Quote from: orangeman on December 05, 2013, 12:21:01 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 05, 2013, 12:16:43 AM
I cringed reading my post back!

Aye that post really hasn't gone to plan Seanie.

Reading that made me smile, not your finest prediction Seanie.
#newbridgeornowhere

BennyCake

14% predicted a non top 4 finish. I knew United wouldn't win the league, but never thought they'd be where they are now.

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 22, 2013, 01:12:44 PM
In all seriousness there are 3 teams that will be going for the title next year - United, City and Chelsea.  Arsenal have slipped to the level of Spurs and Liverpool and will not really count, they will probably celebrate finishing 4th again come the end of the season though.  Spurs will think they have done brilliantly again by finishing 5th or 6th. 

United will definitely spend big this summer on new players, they know that a team needs to evolve which was evident with City's lack of regeneration last summer and subsequent league season.  United also need to show they mean business and I think there could be a huge signing such as Bale, Fabregas or Ronaldo this summer.

No words are needed......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: BennyCake on March 26, 2014, 01:53:21 PM
14% predicted a non top 4 finish. I knew United wouldn't win the league, but never thought they'd be where they are now.

A lot of wishful thinking. But hey, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true? (© The Estate of Oscar Hammerstein II, other Hammerstein lyrics are available).

BennyCake

Quote from: deiseach on March 26, 2014, 01:58:02 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 26, 2014, 01:53:21 PM

A lot of wishful thinking. But hey, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true? (© The Estate of Oscar Hammerstein II, other Hammerstein lyrics are available).

I thought that was S Club 7.