Grimley V Brolly, row in full swing

Started by T Fearon, May 21, 2013, 09:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ck on May 21, 2013, 02:31:54 PM
Lads, in all of your eagerness to slag Brolly do any of you switch over when he speaks? No? Well THAT'S why he's on TV. He doesnt shy away from calling a spade a shovel and thats what we all enjoy watching as a form or entertainment, and lets face it, that's all it is, Entertainment.

As for Grimley. He has proved that he is out of his depth. His ego matched with lack of front line management experience meant he froze on the day and couldnt adapt tactics even though Stevie Wonder could see he needed to. He has been an absolute disaster for Armagh, full stop. Brolly is bang on the money on this occasion!

On the money here. As for Burns. Sure he's no different. Loves the attention!!

brokencrossbar1

PG would have been far better served saying something along the lines of 'well Joe entitled to his opinion but sure we all know the phrase about opinions and everyone having one'.It would have got a laugh and still got the required shot across Brolly's bow.  Joe is loving this,he is paid for this type of stuff!

Fuzzman

Good man Jarlath. He was out of line, especially commenting about his brothers?
Would Joe be happy if somebody said something about his wife or family?

Yer right Yellowcard. Joe's probably delighted with how he's become the centre of attention since Sunday. He's got the platform now to enhance his ego even further and he'll probably make more money out of it from becoming such a controversial star.
He's learnt from Spillane & Eamon Dunphy but if ye ask any of the Derry 1993 squad, he always was like this.

Syferus

Would Big Antony be the man to draft into the A panel to marshal the Brolly properly?

This is becoming the year of the umbrella.

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on May 21, 2013, 03:10:14 PM
Would Big Antony be the man to draft into the A panel to marshal the Brolly properly?

Anthony had a very bad accident recently so I don't think he'll be on the TV anytime soon.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/gaa-legend-anthony-tohill-has-eye-and-face-surgery-after-horror-chainsaw-accident-at-his-home-29177983.html

imtommygunn

The main issue I would have is the lack of manners - as soon as someone says anything he has issue with he cuts them off. Let them say their piece and debate it. YOu can slag the life out of them then.

Orior

Quote from: God14 on May 21, 2013, 02:48:03 PM
Jarlath Burns just weighed into the debate on twitter:

Jarlath Burns‏ @jburns8341h
@JoeBrolly1993 @mcshane_michael @aaronkernan  Joe. I hope you regret what you said about a GAA volunteer. It was totally unacceptable.

Joe has on more than one occasion boasted about appearing on TV, saying a few controversial things, and then being handed a cheque. So why would he ever change?

The jury will have to wait for another 6 weeks to rule on the PG method.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on May 21, 2013, 03:13:57 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 21, 2013, 03:10:14 PM

Anthony had a very bad accident recently so I don't think he'll be on the TV anytime soon.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/gaa-legend-anthony-tohill-has-eye-and-face-surgery-after-horror-chainsaw-accident-at-his-home-29177983.html

Ah I know, but if ever there was something to put on the motivation board it's a picture of Brolly.

In all seriousness I hope his recovery is going well.

5 Sams

The Sunday Game producers are rubbing their hands with glee!!!! Their viewing figures are in for a massive jump next week. Cant wait to see what Brolly says about Kerry's new manager Brosnan if Tipp beat them. :P ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

I don't mind Joe.
I think he's a bit of craic.
He needs to shut up and let other people talk though.
It's not the Joe Show.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 21, 2013, 03:41:45 PM
The Sunday Game producers are rubbing their hands with glee!!!! Their viewing figures are in for a massive jump next week. Cant wait to see what Brolly says about Kerry's new manager Brosnan if Tipp beat them. :P ;)

Has Eamon Fitzmaurice got the boot already?

They're a tough crowd down there alright!

DuffleKing

Debating brolly is endorsing the clown.

One point of query is to question why he is clamouring for the McEntee twins? I wouldn't have thought John would be anywhere near consideration for a county job?

Jinxy

Twins only count as one man for the purposes of GAA management.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 21, 2013, 03:17:26 PM
The main issue I would have is the lack of manners - as soon as someone says anything he has issue with he cuts them off. Let them say their piece and debate it. YOu can slag the life out of them then.
And then he never wanted to let go of the microphone when he had it,  as he meandered off on a search though his brain bank for the explanation, getting lost time and time again, but undaunted he screams "howl on" "howl on" before embarking on another wayward futile search. There isn't a container big enough to hold Joe's insecurity. Some people find that entertaining but I want to listen to various pundit opinions about the game, not observe a crackpot go mental.

Fuzzman

Howl on lads Howl on there

Would ye whishst sor for a minute, let me finish, let me finish

Wouldn't it be funny if Spillane and O'Rourke starting winding him up.
Hardly saying anything and when asked a direct question say
"I don't know, What do you think Joe?"

Remember this wee rant last year
http://www.thescore.ie/as-it-happened-joe-brolly-v-pat-spillane-537893-Jul2012/