Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

Lar Naparka

AFAIK, he's in his final year in St. Pat's, Drumcondra and should be sitting his final exams right now.
Even if he's only in second year, he still have important exams to worry about.
(Farrandeelin would know more about this than I do as it's been a long, long time since I was there.)
I sincerely hope his injuries don't affect his career prospects.
I'd love to see him back in action ASAP but it's not the only thing to worry about.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AMayoFan

Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 27, 2013, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 27, 2013, 03:12:20 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 27, 2013, 03:09:52 PM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 27, 2013, 02:06:16 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2013, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 27, 2013, 12:56:50 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 27, 2013, 12:39:57 PM
Who'll take the frees the next day assuming CO'C isn't availale? Will Doc be fit? Otherwise, it'll probably be a mixture of McL and Dillon. Hopefully we won't end up back in the situation where we have 4\5 different players having a shot and losing confidence when they miss one.

The other option would be to bring in someone new like say Adam Gallagher / Ryan Quirke / AN Other?? Seems unlikely for this match but if CO'C were to be out longterm then something should be considered - a reliable freetaker is crucial if you make it to the latter stages.

Cillian should be back for quarter final and that's all that matters. If we were to miss half the scorable frees against Ros the only difference would be the size of the winning margin. Same v Leitrim.
Normally I wouldn't bite but you're a gobshite of the highest order.

Normally I would not reply but why am I a gobshite.  Is it because CO'C  won't be back for qtr final or are you seriously suggesting that either Leitrim or Ros could beat us!!! We are guaranteed to be in the qtrs by the front door - absolutely no chance of we not winning Connacht.

Definite last word from me until after Reek Sunday!!!

Maybe Cillians health matters more than him been back for the QF....

Well in all fairness lads. If Cillian is back for the quarters is this not a positive thing healthwise

As long as he is not rushed back. If he does not let the shoulder heal fully his career could be jeopardised. You know the pressure will be on for him to return ASAP especially if we get to the QF.

agree - folks need to take a long term view here.  I'm gutted as most other Mayo fans on another injury to a lad that making a big name for himself. That said his health is what is important here.  What ever the news next Thursday, I hope he gets the time and space to mend and for him to come back when he is fit and well.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: AMayoFan on May 27, 2013, 04:03:35 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 27, 2013, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 27, 2013, 03:12:20 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 27, 2013, 03:09:52 PM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 27, 2013, 02:06:16 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2013, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 27, 2013, 12:56:50 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 27, 2013, 12:39:57 PM
Who'll take the frees the next day assuming CO'C isn't availale? Will Doc be fit? Otherwise, it'll probably be a mixture of McL and Dillon. Hopefully we won't end up back in the situation where we have 4\5 different players having a shot and losing confidence when they miss one.

The other option would be to bring in someone new like say Adam Gallagher / Ryan Quirke / AN Other?? Seems unlikely for this match but if CO'C were to be out longterm then something should be considered - a reliable freetaker is crucial if you make it to the latter stages.

Cillian should be back for quarter final and that's all that matters. If we were to miss half the scorable frees against Ros the only difference would be the size of the winning margin. Same v Leitrim.
Normally I wouldn't bite but you're a gobshite of the highest order.

Normally I would not reply but why am I a gobshite.  Is it because CO'C  won't be back for qtr final or are you seriously suggesting that either Leitrim or Ros could beat us!!! We are guaranteed to be in the qtrs by the front door - absolutely no chance of we not winning Connacht.

Definite last word from me until after Reek Sunday!!!

Maybe Cillians health matters more than him been back for the QF....

Well in all fairness lads. If Cillian is back for the quarters is this not a positive thing healthwise

As long as he is not rushed back. If he does not let the shoulder heal fully his career could be jeopardised. You know the pressure will be on for him to return ASAP especially if we get to the QF.

agree - folks need to take a long term view here.  I'm gutted as most other Mayo fans on another injury to a lad that making a big name for himself. That said his health is what is important here.  What ever the news next Thursday, I hope he gets the time and space to mend and for him to come back when he is fit and well.

You know that in the first minute of his comeback game he is going to get a massive hit on the affected shoulder, if he is not 100% he should not be allowed to come back.....for his own sake.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 27, 2013, 04:02:23 PM
AFAIK, he's in his final year in St. Pat's, Drumcondra and should be sitting his final exams right now.
Even if he's only in second year, he still have important exams to worry about.
(Farrandeelin would know more about this than I do as it's been a long, long time since I was there.)
I sincerely hope his injuries don't affect his career prospects.
I'd love to see him back in action ASAP but it's not the only thing to worry about.
R
cils exams all finished (last exam was Sat -his day went downhill after that).His final
year is finished,but he's going back to Pats as Student Union Vice Pres in July
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

muppet

Connacht Telegraph tweeted that he is out for the season.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Tough luck on the lad. Hope to see him back, better and scoring points against non-Ros opposition next year.

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2013, 07:14:33 PM
No point to this game at all according to the Indo: http://www.independent.ie/sport/london-secure-connacht-title-29297856.html

London secured the Connacht SFC title with a 1-12 to 0-14 win over Sligo

No wonder London won if they were playing Aussie Rules. Sneaky bastards.

sans pessimism

Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2013, 06:03:37 PM
Connacht Telegraph tweeted that he is out for the season.
how can  they know that -scan isn't til Thursday 
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

I promised I wasn't going to post anything until after the club championship first round here in Mayo about this game, and I've managed to stick to my word surprisingly. But it is a f**ker about Cillian. That's all I can think of now, he was very good the last day against Galway. He's so young as well, it's annoying that the same shoulder (as is reported) has given in again. Here's to a speedy recovery for COC and hope this cursed injury doesn't keep you out for too long. I'd say he will take all the right steps on the road to recovery though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BluestackBoy

O'Connor missing will be a big blow to Mayo later in the championship but not in Connacht. They will blow Roscommon away.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2013, 10:49:58 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 27, 2013, 10:45:56 PM
. They will blow Roscommon away.
Good man yerself. :-*

Don't think so! Roscommon unlike Galway will not be caught by surprise, the cat is outta the bag. I do expect Mayo to win, but it will be a struggle!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 27, 2013, 11:01:03 PM

Don't think so! Roscommon unlike Galway will not be caught by surprise, the cat is outta the bag. I do expect Mayo to win, but it will be a struggle!

And we're a feral cat at that.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on May 27, 2013, 11:04:10 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 27, 2013, 11:01:03 PM

And we're a feral cat at that.

Oh yeah?
Well, we'll chase ye up the nearest goalpost!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi