Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

Syferus

It's a new low for Mayo and Roscommon football to be over-shadowed by Sligo, Leitrim and London. The forgotten semi-final.

Farrandeelin

Mayo County board getting their ticketing arrangements in nice and early.

'With the upcoming Connacht Senior Football Championship Semi-Final, Mayo - V's - Roscommon due to take place on Sunday 16th June in Elverys MacHale Park, Castlebar, the following ticketing details will apply:

Cáirde Mhaigheo Season Ticket Holders
Season Ticket holders will be able to collect their tickets from the office of Elverys MacHale Park during the following times:

Thursday 6th June - 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
Friday 7th June - 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
Saturday 8th June - 10.00a.m. to 12.00p.m.

Any Cáirde Mhaigheo Season Ticket Holder that wishes to have their ticket posted out should contact the office of Elverys MacHale Park on 094-9250487 before Saturday 8th June
Cáirde Mhaigheo Season Ticket Holders will avail of a €5 discount on their match ticket.

Mayo G.A.A. Clubs
All clubs must have their orders for tickets submitted by next Friday 7th June to the office of Elverys MacHale Park. Clubs can then collect their tickets during the following times:

North & West - Tuesday 11th June between 5.00p.m. and 7.00p.m.
South & East - Wednesday 12th June between 5.00p.m. and 7.00p.m.

General Public
Tickets for the General Public will be on sale from the office of Elverys MacHale Park during the following times:

Tuesday 11th June - 10.00a.m. to 6.00p.m.
Wednesday 12th June - 10.00a.m. to 6.00p.m.
Thursday 13th June - 10.00a.m. to 6.00p.m.
Friday 14th June - 10.00a.m. to 6.00p.m.
Saturday 15th June - 10.00a.m. to 12.00p.m.

Ticket Prices
Stand - €25
Terrace - €20
Juvenille - €5
Student/O.A.P. - Must pay full price and will receive refund on match day upon producing a valid I.D.'
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Bod Mor

Mayo play Cavan in a challenge match on Monday in Ballina. Will be interesting to see who'll wear 11.
Are Roscommon out this weekend, does anyone know?
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Syferus

Quote from: Bod Mor on May 31, 2013, 12:56:14 PM
Mayo play Cavan in a challenge match on Monday in Ballina. Will be interesting to see who'll wear 11.
Are Roscommon out this weekend, does anyone know?

Heard murmurs about Cork a while back but at first people thought it was last weekend which was obviously wrong given they were playing Limerick on Saturday. Who knows. If we find the grounds I'll be sure to get you the result.

Rossfan

Tell them nothin Syfín.
We are now about to go into high alert mode or code red or whatever  is the latest Yankee daftnes for a state of hightened tension.

Th'oul tar will be bilin up from Sunday, the straw hats will be pulled out of the presses, the startin handles will be got ready, the bicycle clipeens shined up and all thoughts will turn to how can we avoid being Galwayed by the rhus.
Better get an oul up to date road map for the Qualifiers methinks. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

The talk on the Ballina grapevine is that Evan Regan is fit and will start against Cavan in the challenge match. If he's fully recovered he'd be a good option for free taking duty.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 31, 2013, 04:13:29 PM
Tell them nothin Syfín.
We are now about to go into high alert mode or code red or whatever  is the latest Yankee daftnes for a state of hightened tension.

Th'oul tar will be bilin up from Sunday, the straw hats will be pulled out of the presses, the startin handles will be got ready, the bicycle clipeens shined up and all thoughts will turn to how can we avoid being Galwayed by the rhus.
Better get an oul up to date road map for the Qualifiers methinks. :-\

All right horse, let's switch de fokiss.

I heard (read, whatever) that CO'C isn't going to have surgery even though he'll need it at the end of the season and that he'll be back in sixx weeks, in time for Mayo's expected assault on Jones' Road.

We'll see if it's right but I think that is the very worst thing he could do. If this was the first occurrence you could almost understand but it's the second time in a little over seven months his shoulder has broken down. There's obviously something seriously wrong with it and trying to play on could end up creating a Michael Meehan situation of a chronic injury that shadows his entire playing career, nevermind the effects it could have on his life in general. A shoulder injury is one of the nastiest things you can get and it can have a real impact on your quality of life.

I suppose he's thinking Mayo have a shot at an AI this year and he wants the chance to be involved but it's verging close to madness to try and get away with this one. Far better if he's shut down for the year and gets surgery and is able to get his shoulder fully healthy before stepping on a pitch.

No opposition player is going to be sentimental about his plight and rightly so. If you put yourself in the firing line you need to be damn sure you're fit.

Tubberman

I'd have faith that the likes of the mayo management team, medical team, mayo general hospital doctors and the o'connor family have considered those things syferus.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on June 01, 2013, 08:21:55 AM
I'd have faith that the likes of the mayo management team, medical team, mayo general hospital doctors and the o'connor family have considered those things syferus.

I think it rarely works that smoothly. Players in every sport take the riskier option if they know there's a chance they'll play. The fact Mayo are challenging for an All-Ireland has to have factored in the decision if he really has opted to delay surgery that could be done now. There is a real risk attached to playing on either way or else there would be no need for the surgery in the first place.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on June 01, 2013, 01:48:38 PM

I think it rarely works that smoothly. Players in every sport take the riskier option if they know there's a chance they'll play. The fact Mayo are challenging for an All-Ireland has to have factored in the decision if he really has opted to delay surgery that could be done now. There is a real risk attached to playing on either way or else there would be no need for the surgery in the first place.
I find it strange that you question the judgement
of the top upper limb orthopedic surgeon in Ireland.
By the way whereever you got your idea that he will be
back in six weeks is laughable(and I dont care what 'reliable'
sources you may claim you were talking to).
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

joemamas

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 01, 2013, 05:49:49 PM

Do you have a realistic timeline for his potential return or will it be week to week (month to month).

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 01, 2013, 05:49:49 PM

I genuinely don't think you even read what people say - skimming might be a better word for what you've just done - because every single thing you questioned in your usual sneering fashion was answered before you even typed a word.

larryin89

Hi there all. First time posting here.

In relation to CoC , isn't amazing how many different time frames for his recovery, you can hear in a couple of days. I mean who is telling the truth , the man in the local pub, the poster on hoganstand, the poster on the mayo gaa blog, mid west?

I  do try to figure out why people would tend to lie on such matters as obviously some are telling blatant lies.And then you have these concerned roscommon men, about him rushing back, i dont get that either , as if you give a shit and these people that are under the illusion that Cillian himself is going to take the decision without top advice, what is that all about.

Onto the game itself, i don't see much of a test coming from the stealers , they are bit wet round the lugs for us high flying seasoned first divisioners.

If Mayo win the provincial championship , as a matter of interest will it be the first time in history where we stand above Galway in the provincial roll of honour?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

It's absolutely matterless to us whether CO'C is rushed back or not because he's out for the game in two weeks time regardless.

It's an incredibly cynical and blinkered approach to take to assume that just because a lad plays for a local rival that you don't 'give a shit' about his welfare. Colm O'Neill got well-wishes from all corners of the island after his knee gave in again and everyone on the Roscommon side of Ballagh was willing Andy on the last nine months. We didn't give one care if it meant he'd be lining up against us this summer, just that a lad that gives everything to his county would be able to play football again.

Some things are more important than provincal rivalries, bud.