Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

theticklemister

Maggie and hardstation if unavailable on tv go to hahasport.com and you should get it there.

ballinaman

Quote from: sans pessimism on May 25, 2013, 07:12:38 PM
Injury curse strikes again -Cillians shoulder gone again dis eve
against claremorris
f**k sake

AMayoFan

moysider

Quote from: AMayoFan on May 27, 2013, 10:06:40 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 03:26:54 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 26, 2013, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on May 25, 2013, 07:12:38 PM
Injury curse strikes again -Cillians shoulder gone again dis eve
against claremorris
f**k sake

>:(

I really have my fill of injury news from Mayo Camp  :(

Evan Regan played no part for Ballina yesterday. Must be serious again so.
Not saying he d be starting 15 if fit, but he s another option gone and is a serious option on frees from the right.

macdanger2

Who'll take the frees the next day assuming CO'C isn't availale? Will Doc be fit? Otherwise, it'll probably be a mixture of McL and Dillon. Hopefully we won't end up back in the situation where we have 4\5 different players having a shot and losing confidence when they miss one.

The other option would be to bring in someone new like say Adam Gallagher / Ryan Quirke / AN Other?? Seems unlikely for this match but if CO'C were to be out longterm then something should be considered - a reliable freetaker is crucial if you make it to the latter stages.

Mayo Mick

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 27, 2013, 12:39:57 PM
Who'll take the frees the next day assuming CO'C isn't availale? Will Doc be fit? Otherwise, it'll probably be a mixture of McL and Dillon. Hopefully we won't end up back in the situation where we have 4\5 different players having a shot and losing confidence when they miss one.

The other option would be to bring in someone new like say Adam Gallagher / Ryan Quirke / AN Other?? Seems unlikely for this match but if CO'C were to be out longterm then something should be considered - a reliable freetaker is crucial if you make it to the latter stages.

Cillian should be back for quarter final and that's all that matters. If we were to miss half the scorable frees against Ros the only difference would be the size of the winning margin. Same v Leitrim.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 27, 2013, 12:56:50 PM

Cillian should be back for quarter final and that's all that matters. If we were to miss half the scorable frees against Ros the only difference would be the size of the winning margin. Same v Leitrim.
Normally I wouldn't bite but you're a gobshite of the highest order.

Mac2

I don't think COC will make the quarters if we get there, it's a fairly serious injury, could even require surgery.
Horan may now be tempted to start Andy Moran because of this, let's hope he's ready.

Front six will be probably be McLoughlin, Dillon,Carolan,Doherty,Moran & Varley.
Will Dillon move to six or will Horan revert to using Doherty there? Have to say I'm not a fan of Doherty at CHF, I'd sooner have Dillon or Moran there.

Doherty and McLoughlin shared a lot of the freetaking during the league so this may well be the approach.

Syferus

I assume Varley will take some given the bombs he scored against Dublin last September?

Mayo Mick

Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2013, 01:03:17 PM

Normally I would not reply but why am I a gobshite.  Is it because CO'C  won't be back for qtr final or are you seriously suggesting that either Leitrim or Ros could beat us!!! We are guaranteed to be in the qtrs by the front door - absolutely no chance of we not winning Connacht.

Definite last word from me until after Reek Sunday!!!
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 27, 2013, 02:06:16 PM

Normally I would not reply but why am I a gobshite.  Is it because CO'C  won't be back for qtr final or are you seriously suggesting that either Leitrim or Ros could beat us!!! We are guaranteed to be in the qtrs by the front door - absolutely no chance of we not winning Connacht.

Maybe Cillians health matters more than him been back for the QF....

criostlinn

Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 27, 2013, 03:09:52 PM

Well in all fairness lads. If Cillian is back for the quarters is this not a positive thing healthwise

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on May 27, 2013, 03:12:20 PM

Well in all fairness lads. If Cillian is back for the quarters is this not a positive thing healthwise

Word about scans on Thursday to decide if surgery is needed and if that ends up the course of action COC's season is done. Really needs to be careful not to pressure himself into rushing back because this injury is on the verge of becoming chronic and that would be disasterous for such a young (and very talented) player.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: criostlinn on May 27, 2013, 03:12:20 PM

As long as he is not rushed back. If he does not let the shoulder heal fully his career could be jeopardised. You know the pressure will be on for him to return ASAP especially if we get to the QF.