Other
11 (8.8%)
Armagh
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: May 26, 2013, 04:02:00 PM

ross4life

Quote from: BennyCake on May 03, 2013, 01:18:24 PM
The one fan that tipped Galway for Connacht, obviously reckons they'll take Sam too.

Wasn't me but it might have something to do with Alan Mulholland as Galway manager?

Galway minors

2006  Connacht semi final exit
2007 Connacht champions & All Ireland winners

Galway U-21s

2010 Connacht semi final exit
2011 Connacht champions & All Ireland winners

Galway seniors

2012 Connacht semi final exit
2013 ??

For what it's worth they weren't even favourites to win the 2007,2011 Connacht underage titles will be something else if history repeats itself at senior level.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Oraisteach

Benny, you list 11 potential contenders though leave out Armagh which PP has 9th at 40/1.  I know we're a longshot, but are we so bad as to be entirely out of the conversation?  We could, of course, lose to any number of teams, but the only ones I'd really and truly be afraid to meet would be Donegal and Dublin.  We could get to within a couple of points, either way, of just about anyone else.  Isn't it great that at the start of the championship everyone has hopes.

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 05, 2013, 12:19:34 AM
Benny, you list 11 potential contenders though leave out Armagh which PP has 9th at 40/1.  I know we're a longshot, but are we so bad as to be entirely out of the conversation?  We could, of course, lose to any number of teams, but the only ones I'd really and truly be afraid to meet would be Donegal and Dublin.  We could get to within a couple of points, either way, of just about anyone else.  Isn't it great that at the start of the championship everyone has hopes.

Armagh-Ros final, surely?

BennyCake

I honestly think Dublin aren't as good as people are suggesting. A youngish Tyrone team minus Stephen O'Neill should have beaten them in the league final.

Despite a poor league campaign, Donegal "haven't gone away, ya know". And yet, only 6 votes for them. They have the same players as last year, and Jimmy is a year further on with his plan. I know it's tough to win back to back titles, but I still reckon they can win it this year.

BennyCake

I'll answer than on the 19th May  ;)

I sort of went on recent form in the c'ship and this years league. But I've now added Armagh if you wish to vote.

BennyCake

Quote from: AFS on May 05, 2013, 01:36:48 PM
I know we're a longshot, but are we so bad as to be entirely out of the conversation?

Yes. But so are poll options Meath, Galway, Down and Derry.

So are Cork, Kildare and Kerry according to voters.

yellowcard

I'd be far more worried about the people who are actually concerned about the results of this poll.

It can be restricted to 5 teams imo and the chances are best reflected in their current odds to win the All Ireland:

5/2 Dublin
4/1 Kerry
9/2 Donegal
6/1 Cork
10 Tyrone
11 Mayo
20 Kildare
33 Galway
40 Armagh
55 Down
55 Derry
66 Meath
80 Laois
90 Roscommon
100 Monaghan
125 Bar

Realistically its between the top 6, I would predict a final of Dublin v Donegal with Donegal to win it outright.

theticklemister

Mayo r serious price. If they overcome galway which they should they will be in the last 8.

Syferus

Quote from: theticklemister on May 09, 2013, 10:57:07 PM
Mayo r serious price. If they overcome galway which they should they will be in the last 8.

Steady on. Mayo got the Connacht draw from hell and they'll have to earn every step they take. The two teams they'll probably play if they beat Galway are teams who could have (and in our case should have) beat them in the last two Connacht finals. Even losing the final is likely game over for Mayo, with the six day turnaround in full bloom again this year.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 09, 2013, 11:45:03 PM
How should ye have beaten us?

If mother nature's blizzard hadn't blown three Donie Shine shots (two were frees, if I recall) short then this new-found Mayo confidence would have been stamped out before it was even born.  ;)

Captain Obvious

Quote from: theticklemister on May 09, 2013, 10:57:07 PM
Good at reaching All Ireland finals might be worth a each way bet.

BennyCake

Aristo 60

If this poll was started again we could even get a championship perspective. Not with our league goggles on...

And I'll still vote for Down !  ;)

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on May 09, 2013, 10:33:05 PM
I'd be far more worried about the people who are actually concerned about the results of this poll.

It can be restricted to 5 teams imo and the chances are best reflected in their current odds to win the All Ireland:

5/2 Dublin
4/1 Kerry
9/2 Donegal
6/1 Cork
10 Tyrone
11 Mayo
20 Kildare
33 Galway
40 Armagh
55 Down
55 Derry
66 Meath
80 Laois
90 Roscommon
100 Monaghan
125 Bar

Realistically its between the top 6, I would predict a final of Dublin v Donegal with Donegal to win it outright.

A bit of change after last week:

3/1 Donegal
3/1 Dublin
4/1 Kerry
13/2 Cork
15/2 Mayo
16/1 Tyrone
20/1 Kildare
55/1 Bar