Galway v Mayo Sunday May 19th 2013 - Pearse Stadium

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo.mick

From past experiance travelling to Pearce (bus from the local) we used to make it up and down to Croker quicker! ;D We plan on leaving good and early, then after the match head into town, have the grub, rake of pints then back home before closing  :)
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

bucko

Newstalk interview with Andy here, he seems like he's raring to go in terms of full training, whether he'll be in the reckoning for Sunday week is still very uncertain.
https://www.newstalk.ie/Andy-Moran:-Reaching-the-end-of-the-long-road-back

Regards Dillon, Barry Moran, Higgins, Boyle and Regan, any updates/news/rumours as to their fitness??? Coud we see any bolters like Conor O'Shea, etc pushing for a start??

Farrandeelin

Regarding Conor O'Shea, I'm surprised Horan didn't use him at some stage during the league. I wasn't at the u-21 game so I can't really comment on what happened that day. That was his only competitive outing in the Mayo jersey this year IIRC.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: bucko on May 10, 2013, 04:32:34 PM
Newstalk interview with Andy here, he seems like he's raring to go in terms of full training, whether he'll be in the reckoning for Sunday week is still very uncertain.

Regards Dillon, Barry Moran, Higgins, Boyle and Regan, any updates/news/rumours as to their fitness??? Coud we see any bolters like Conor O'Shea, etc pushing for a start??

I think you're great Andy, but..

..did Newstalk disturb you while you were dumping a dead body?

sans pessimism

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 10, 2013, 05:34:37 PM
Regarding Conor O'Shea, I'm surprised Horan didn't use him at some stage during the league. I wasn't at the u-21 game so I can't really comment on what happened that day. That was his only competitive outing in the Mayo jersey this year IIRC.
I was at u21 game and I thought he was very sluggish,and his
handling skills are not up to senior level
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

criostlinn

Quote from: sans pessimism on May 10, 2013, 06:14:21 PM

He played about 15 minutes against fermanagh recently and he most certainly did not look sluggish. Didnt seem to have any problem with handling either. It made me also wonder why he didnt get more league football this year. Darren Coen looked handy enough too

sans pessimism

Quote from: criostlinn on May 10, 2013, 07:01:08 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on May 10, 2013, 06:14:21 PM

He played about 15 minutes against fermanagh recently and he most certainly did not look sluggish. Didnt seem to have any problem with handling either. It made me also wonder why he didnt get more league football this year. Darren Coen looked handy enough too
good to hear that,hope he keeps it up,because in Tuam he couldn't catch a cold
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Ye lads are rough on your younglings  :o

No wonder there's so much talk of 'complexes.. ;)

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on May 10, 2013, 07:19:48 PM

take yer 'complex' mind elsewhere good boy
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

Syfeen, will ya ignore these 2 sets of hoors. Like the you know whos they'll join forces to attack you.
I know you are only a silly gasúinín but - Remember we are Ros and we have standards to keep ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Anyone looking to take in a stray?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on May 10, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

I hope he wasn't cutting turf.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo Mick

Better get back to the game after working out how to get there.

Only a little over a week to go and still hard to get excited.  With the advent of the back door and the increasing gulf between ourselves and the rest,  games in Connacht for us are beginning to feel like games in Munster for Kerry. That said this is a game we just have to win and it could be tricky enough. Win and we can gear preparations to August  with the bonus of two games in Connacht that will give us time to fine tune things, get players back to fitness and maybe give a few players some game time experience. Lose and we have the uncertainty of the back door and not knowing who we play until a week before – hard to get the preparations right and hard to pitch the preparations for September.

We are a better team than Galway – we are on most people's short lists for the AI while Galway might not even come out of Connacht if they beat us. Yet if we don't put outfield dominance on the scoreboard there is always the chance that Galway with limited chances could punish us especially in Salthill. Vital that we keep it tight early on – a quick start from Galway is what I would fear most. Keep it low scoring for the first 20 minutes and I think we will  come through easily enough as we are stronger, pacier and more experienced regardless of what team we play. But let Galway get an early lead then their confidence will grow and it could be a struggle.

Hopefully we will come through and avoid any more injuries. We can then relax until the business end of things in August and September. Will be nice to have a stress free June and July for a change.

If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on May 10, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

Retrieving one of his balls from shooting practice in Croker.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 10, 2013, 10:40:19 PM
Better get back to the game after working out how to get there.

Only a little over a week to go and still hard to get excited.  With the advent of the back door and the increasing gulf between ourselves and the rest,  games in Connacht for us are beginning to feel like games in Munster for Kerry. That said this is a game we just have to win and it could be tricky enough. Win and we can gear preparations to August  with the bonus of two games in Connacht that will give us time to fine tune things, get players back to fitness and maybe give a few players some game time experience. Lose and we have the uncertainty of the back door and not knowing who we play until a week before – hard to get the preparations right and hard to pitch the preparations for September.

We are a better team than Galway – we are on most people's short lists for the AI while Galway might not even come out of Connacht if they beat us. Yet if we don't put outfield dominance on the scoreboard there is always the chance that Galway with limited chances could punish us especially in Salthill. Vital that we keep it tight early on – a quick start from Galway is what I would fear most. Keep it low scoring for the first 20 minutes and I think we will  come through easily enough as we are stronger, pacier and more experienced regardless of what team we play. But let Galway get an early lead then their confidence will grow and it could be a struggle.

Hopefully we will come through and avoid any more injuries. We can then relax until the business end of things in August and September. Will be nice to have a stress free June and July for a change.

Ah Mayo Mick, our own version of Syferus.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.