Started by ONeill, March 09, 2013, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadence

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 09, 2013, 02:54:32 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 02:26:17 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 09, 2013, 12:47:09 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 12:27:30 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 09, 2013, 12:15:48 PM
What is it with Tyrone teams/fans and controversy? Throwing a referee into the boot of a car after a match 2 years ago? A supporter getting his ear bitten off during a scuffle at a Club game in Tyrone last year,

A Errigal Ciaran fan throwing a barrel onto the Mullahoran players at half time in the Ulster club game last year in Brefni

Karl Lacey being allegedly spat on when he was sitting in the stand in Omagh last week. Thats only a few, , things happen in all counties, but in Tyrone its more a weekly thing.

interesting point of view. we'll take it on board and the committee will get back to you in due course.
[/b]

I wouldn't expect you to get back to me, it was mentioned in Hoganstand. I'm sure they wouldn't make a song and dance of it.

ok, here's my take on what you're doing. you're stereotyping people from tyrone. you've made a statement, "but in tyrone it's more a weekly thing", where you've taken some isolated incidents involving a few individuals and made conclusions about gaa people from tyrone based on these isolated incidents. if there's a few people over on hoganstand, making the same judgements and insulting stereotypes about the character of tyrone gaa folk too, it only proves one thing. that there's are a few people over on hoganstand who are prone to stereotyping people.

do me a favour, lay off the stereotypes. seriously, you'll be doing me a favour. i should be doing something much more productive than chatting on here!   

Sorry Mister Sensitivity, the thread was set up about an incident involving a Tyrone club, i included other recent events. When there was recent events which happened why was it such a problem to mention them

As I said already incidents  happen in every county ,if you had read that,.. but seem to highlited more in Tyrone, maybe they happen more so in Tyrone I don't know..

you eejit, what part of stereotyping do you not get?

cadence

Quote from: Jinxy on March 09, 2013, 02:38:29 PM
At this stage, if a Tyrone man threw a bucket full of rattlesnakes into the opposition dugout, lads would be on here saying, "This happens in every county".

equally, if someone from meath said something you thought was thick, you wouldn't say only meath people were thick would you?

rodney trotter

Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 04:06:57 PM
What is it with Tyrone teams/fans and controversy? Throwing a referee into the boot of a car after a match 2 years ago? A supporter getting his ear bitten off during a scuffle at a Club game in Tyrone last year,

A Errigal Ciaran fan throwing a barrel onto the Mullahoran players at half time in the Ulster club game last year in Brefni

Karl Lacey being allegedly spat on when he was sitting in the stand in Omagh last week. Thats only a few, , things happen in all counties, but in Tyrone its more a weekly thing.

interesting point of view. we'll take it on board and the committee will get back to you in due course.
[/b]

I wouldn't expect you to get back to me, it was mentioned in Hoganstand. I'm sure they wouldn't make a song and dance of it.

ok, here's my take on what you're doing. you're stereotyping people from tyrone. you've made a statement, "but in tyrone it's more a weekly thing", where you've taken some isolated incidents involving a few individuals and made conclusions about gaa people from tyrone based on these isolated incidents. if there's a few people over on hoganstand, making the same judgements and insulting stereotypes about the character of tyrone gaa folk too, it only proves one thing. that there's are a few people over on hoganstand who are prone to stereotyping people.

do me a favour, lay off the stereotypes. seriously, you'll be doing me a favour. i should be doing something much more productive than chatting on here!   

Sorry Mister Sensitivity, the thread was set up about an incident involving a Tyrone club, i included other recent events. When there was recent events which happened why was it such a problem to mention them

As I said already incidents  happen in every county ,if you had read that,.. but seem to highlited more in Tyrone, maybe they happen more so in Tyrone I don't know..

Did I call every Tyrone fan a headcase no, of course there is lots of sane fans...

Tony Baloney

cadence

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 09, 2013, 04:15:03 PM

[/b]

Did I call every Tyrone fan a headcase no, of course there is lots of sane fans...

you implied it, which is the same thing. and when you're challenged, you become concilatory and have nothing to offer other than platitudes about your perceived knowledge on the state of the mental health of gaa supporters.

Itchy

Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 04:11:18 PM
At this stage, if a Tyrone man threw a bucket full of rattlesnakes into the opposition dugout, lads would be on here saying, "This happens in every county".

equally, if someone from meath said something you thought was thick, you wouldn't say only meath people were thick would you?

Meath people are thick, what's your point?

rodney trotter

Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 04:32:36 PM

[/b]

you implied it, which is the same thing. and when you're challenged, you become concilatory and have nothing to offer other than platitudes about your perceived knowledge on the state of the mental health of gaa supporters.

Implying it and actually saying it are different things. I know Tyrone fans and yes they are normal people (a small minority have a thuggish element -not all)

.. Great to see somebody from donegal acting as a spokesperson for Tyrone though... I'm sure they can speak for themselves , eh? Without yourself getting all hot and bothered..

bennydorano

Sure Tyronies revel in how savage their club football can be, stereotypes are too good for the mucksavages.

cadence

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 09, 2013, 05:11:10 PM

[/b]

Implying it and actually saying it are different things. I know Tyrone fans and yes they are normal people (a small minority have a thuggish element -not all)

.. Great to see somebody from donegal acting as a spokesperson for Tyrone though... I'm sure they can speak for themselves , eh? Without yourself getting all hot and bothered..

check your own posts you said it happens in tyrone more and we can infer from that that you're saying tyrone folk are more predispossed to poor behaviour. i was being kind to you when i said you were inferring/implying it. it's actually shit talk.

cadence

Quote from: Itchy on March 09, 2013, 04:52:37 PM

no, the point is about stereotypes. pay attention.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

[/b]

check your own posts you said it happens in tyrone more and we can infer from that that you're saying tyrone folk are more predispossed to poor behaviour. i was being kind to you when i said you were inferring/implying it. it's actually shit talk.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck & looks like a duck then the chances are that it is a duck
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Was wondering if this was going to get mentioned on here..

Some people getting sidetracked by various things here...the important thing is, this is a scummy act and should not go unpunished, The GAA have footage they can use and the perpetrator should be given a hefty suspension.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

cadence

Quote from: BluestackBoy on March 09, 2013, 07:03:53 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

[/b]

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck & looks like a duck then the chances are that it is a duck

if you'd like to contribute something that would be fantastic, but ffs, put a bit of effort into it and spare us the f***ing cliches will yah.

Jinxy

Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 07:02:18 PM

I like turtles.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cadence

Quote from: Jinxy on March 09, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 09, 2013, 07:02:18 PM

I like turtles.

;D i like a more refined class of bullshit too. was fun.