Should gays be allowed to legally marry?

Started by Saffrongael, February 05, 2013, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gays be allowed to legally marry?

Yes
No
Don't care

EC Unique

Quote from: Jonah on February 06, 2013, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2013, 08:27:32 PM
Quote from: Jonah on February 06, 2013, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 06, 2013, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 07:30:17 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 06:43:18 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 06:31:59 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 05:35:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 01:00:37 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2013, 11:46:52 AM
A debate that would be more relevent to me personally would be ''should gays be allowed to marry in a church or chapel?''

Standing beside each other in a town hall or whatever telling each other that they love each other and signing a piece of paper to me is not really a marriage so tear away.

I didn't get married in a church. Is my marriage not "real"?

Did you marry a man or a woman?

A woman.

Why?

Just wondering if you were a gay.

A gay???

And that's relevant because....

Seems there is only one allowed per village, he might have to make do with village idiot.
And what does that make EC Unique? He must be in the running for that title too.

Why, when you are involved in a debate, do you feel the need to throw simplistic insults at people who have a different opinion to yours. It does not help your cause. Quite the opposite in fact. You seem to have form in this way.
You couldn't debate your way out of a wet paper bag ffs, as proved by your answers on this thread.
It's also ironic the biggest troll on the board is upset by someone insulting them  :D

I'm not upset. I don't think anything you type would upset me. I was just pointing out that you don't offer anything to the debate except for basic, simplistic insults. Keep doing it if it makes you feel good.

Milltown Row2

I'm struggling with the objection for gays to marry in a church. Why would anybody really care if they did marry in a church, it will have no infringement on you or anyone else.

If you are against it then I doubt you'll be invited  and I'm guessing not go. As for the clowns who believe that if you have two men that are gay and adopt a kid then that child will surely become gay aren't living in the real world. Gays are born gay IMO, you don't become gay cause your dad is gay ffs.

As for the church being against it because the bible says so is mental, they have let a lot worse creatures in (priests) who have actually abuse kids and then tried to cover these things up.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MaigheoAbu

My answer is yes because who am I to say who can or can't marry. There should only be two people involved in that decision..A couple who are in a same sex relationship is as loving, as spiritually nourishing, socially important, human and valid as a happy marriage between men and women.If a same sex couple were to marry they are not going to change the way you love your life, but instead make a recognised loving commitment to each other that should never be denied of two people in love, regardless of sexuality.If two consenting adults love each other & want a deeper commitment before their friends and family, this should be allowed.Love is love.

J70

We haven't had the slippery slope thrown in yet! Polygamy, polyandry,  sheep, dogs...where does it end??  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 09:00:48 PM
We haven't had the slippery slope thrown in yet! Polygamy, polyandry,  sheep, dogs...where does it end??  ;D

Thats a different thread, only the west of Ireland will debate on the sheep, could be at least the 30 pager!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2013, 08:51:32 PM
Quote from: Jonah on February 06, 2013, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2013, 08:27:32 PM
Quote from: Jonah on February 06, 2013, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 06, 2013, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 07:30:17 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 06:43:18 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 06:31:59 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on February 06, 2013, 05:35:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 01:00:37 PM
A debate that would be more relevent to me personally would be ''should gays be allowed to marry in a church or chapel?''

Standing beside each other in a town hall or whatever telling each other that they love each other and signing a piece of paper to me is not really a marriage so tear away.

I didn't get married in a church. Is my marriage not "real"?

Did you marry a man or a woman?

A woman.

Why?

Just wondering if you were a gay.

A gay???

And that's relevant because....

Seems there is only one allowed per village, he might have to make do with village idiot.
And what does that make EC Unique? He must be in the running for that title too.

Why, when you are involved in a debate, do you feel the need to throw simplistic insults at people who have a different opinion to yours. It does not help your cause. Quite the opposite in fact. You seem to have form in this way.
You couldn't debate your way out of a wet paper bag ffs, as proved by your answers on this thread.
It's also ironic the biggest troll on the board is upset by someone insulting them  :D

I'm not upset. I don't think anything you type would upset me. I was just pointing out that you don't offer anything to the debate except for basic, simplistic insults. Keep doing it if it makes you feel good.
Please tell me you can see the irony in what you are saying!!
Though you probably don't.

Orior

You may jest, but these things will happen, not because it is right or wrong, but because it is possible.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on February 06, 2013, 09:54:17 PM

You may jest, but these things will happen, not because it is right or wrong, but because it is possible.
Polygamy is very expensive. It is also hard to see mna na hEireann going for it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/nov/21/religion.gender

Myles Na G.

My answer to the question is a resounding 'yes': why should gay people escape scot free?  :)

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2013, 08:24:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 06, 2013, 07:25:47 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 06, 2013, 12:01:27 PM
Quote from: Jonah on February 06, 2013, 11:50:19 AM

So I assume you voted Yes in the above poll then?

I have not voted.

I would have a fear that once the right to legally marry has been sorted the next step would be, for some gay couples, to force their way to marrage at the alter. That would be a massive NO for me.

Given the privileged position of churches, I doubt that will ever happen. And how could it, legally?

I hope you are right.

That begs the question, though.... What are you afraid of?

If the churches were to start marrying gay people, what difference will it make to you? How will it affect you?

Orior

In 50 years some Oxbridge guru will have worked out that the optimum relationship length is 2.4 years. After which all men must shift one house to the left.

And then our descendants will down their noses at GAA Boarders stuck in the past.

tommysmith

I might as well give my view on it.

I think it's wrong and should not be allowed.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

tommysmith

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2013, 10:46:06 PM
Why?

It's not normal for two men to be together never mind marry.

People will tell you its 2013 blah blah blah they can do what they want but if everyone woke up in the morning and decided they were a gay that would mean no kids and the population of the world would end up dying off.