Mayo V Tyrone National Football League Round 2 Sun 10th February

Started by never kickt a ball, February 03, 2013, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2013, 07:34:20 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on February 12, 2013, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: highorlow on February 12, 2013, 02:02:58 PM
Quote*you're wrong. So a team has no right to have confidence in their own ability unless they have an AI, is that what you are saying?

No one was talking about the confidence of the team. Go back and re-read the posts. The point was raised in relation to posters on here and some of their confidence. This must have been an oversight on your part?

So what is it. The supporter cannot be confident in his team unless they have won an All Ireland.

That must be it. Fcuk Mayo they're the greatest shower of shites ever to play football. Never winning any All-Ireland in over 60 years. That must be the mantra we've to use anymore when playing teams such as Tyrone.

Yawn, can someone start off a Mayo Dublin thread. Actually, it will probably be a borefest of talking (bitching) about last years semi-final. Wonder who will be reffing that Match?  ;)

moysider

Quote*you're wrong. So a team has no right to have confidence in their own ability unless they have an AI, is that what you are saying?

No one was talking about the confidence of the team. Go back and re-read the posts. The point was raised in relation to posters on here and some of their confidence. This must have been an oversight on your part?

So what is it. The supporter cannot be confident in his team unless they have won an All Ireland.

That must be it. Fcuk Mayo they're the greatest shower of shites ever to play football. Never winning any All-Ireland in over 60 years. That must be the mantra we've to use anymore when playing teams such as Tyrone.

Yip. You are nobody unless you ve won an AI in last few years. Means the likes of Armagh, Galway, Meath, Down have no cred anymore. 10 years is about as relevant as 60 years. Likes of Mayo have lost more AIs in last 10 years than Armagh did ever.

Not sure why I typed that but it must mean something? Then again it might mean nothing at all.

The only counties that have any cred at the moment, goin on what  accepted criteria is for a serious county, are, Dublin, Cork and Donegal. Kerry and Tyrone are clinging on. The rest might as well not exist  ;)

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2013, 07:40:33 PM

Yawn, can someone start off a Mayo Dublin thread. Actually, it will probably be a borefest of talking (bitching) about last years semi-final. Wonder who will be reffing that Match?  ;)

Yawn indeed. Hopefully nobody will start that thread. 

highorlow

The difference is that Lads on here are harping on about Mayo beating the like of Tyrone by 5 points as if Tyrone were way down the pecking order and talking about Mayo as if they are some sort of unbeatable s. This talk is is nigh on childish, unhelpful and disrespectful to the opposition.

No point in posting if a proper analysis on each teams form is not done. It was obvious on recent form that Tyrone were going to be within a few points of us and perhaps beat us.

As for the Dublin game I'd say the talking up of Mayo will be more downbeat for this one. Should be an interesting tactical battle but I can't see us beating Dublin with the form they are showing at present. I hope I'm wrong and this match should be a marker for the season.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

supersarsfields

Crete Boom

Quote from: supersarsfields on February 13, 2013, 02:20:57 PM
Are you Mayo boys just fighting amoung yourselves?

There'll be two slaps!
Me hittin' you and you hittin' the ground >:(

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on February 13, 2013, 02:07:23 PM
The difference is that Lads on here are harping on about Mayo beating the like of Tyrone by 5 points as if Tyrone were way down the pecking order and talking about Mayo as if they are some sort of unbeatable s. This talk is is nigh on childish, unhelpful and disrespectful to the opposition.

No point in posting if a proper analysis on each teams form is not done. It was obvious on recent form that Tyrone were going to be within a few points of us and perhaps beat us.

As for the Dublin game I'd say the talking up of Mayo will be more downbeat for this one. Should be an interesting tactical battle but I can't see us beating Dublin with the form they are showing at present. I hope I'm wrong and this match should be a marker for the season.

Funny I only remember Mayo Mick saying that...And he says that all the time, I'm not even sure if he's a Mayoman either to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

QuoteFunny I only remember Mayo Mick saying that...And he says that all the time, I'm not even sure if he's a Mayoman either to be honest

Go back through the thread, rosnarun had us winning by 10 and rrhf had another off the wall post.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

supersarsfields

Quote from: highorlow on February 13, 2013, 05:00:44 PM
QuoteFunny I only remember Mayo Mick saying that...And he says that all the time, I'm not even sure if he's a Mayoman either to be honest

Go back through the thread, rosnarun had us winning by 10 and rrff had another off the wall post.

We'll sell him to ya's!!