Mayo V Tyrone National Football League Round 2 Sun 10th February

Started by never kickt a ball, February 03, 2013, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: ballinaman on February 11, 2013, 01:04:00 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on February 11, 2013, 10:33:55 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 10, 2013, 11:16:49 PM
I really can't get my head around all the confidence that some Mayo lads are showing. Have I missed something?

Yes it seems you have all right
Just the last 2 years of league and championship football evidently...

Sam?

ballinaman

You are obviously a scholar of the game if you only recognise All Ireland titles....Well done. I look forward to your continued analysis of all things GAA on the board. Watch out emmet!

highorlow

QuoteYou are obviously a scholar of the game if you only recognise All Ireland titles.

He's right, your wrong. Ultimately a team only can and only will be judged by winning AI's. If you think anything different particularly as a Mayoman then you are codding yourself.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2013, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 11, 2013, 01:04:00 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on February 11, 2013, 10:33:55 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 10, 2013, 11:16:49 PM
I really can't get my head around all the confidence that some Mayo lads are showing. Have I missed something?

Yes it seems you have all right
Just the last 2 years of league and championship football evidently...

Sam?

In the last few years Tyrone would have bee happy with an   Anglo-Celt cup let alone Sam
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Quote from: highorlow on February 11, 2013, 03:23:20 PM
QuoteYou are obviously a scholar of the game if you only recognise All Ireland titles.

He's right, your wrong. Ultimately a team only can and only will be judged by winning AI's. If you think anything different particularly as a Mayoman then you are codding yourself.
*you're wrong. So a team has no right to have confidence in their own ability unless they have an AI, is that what you are saying?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ballinaman on February 11, 2013, 03:45:36 PM
Quote from: highorlow on February 11, 2013, 03:23:20 PM

*you're wrong. So a team has no right to have confidence in their own ability unless they have an AI, is that what you are saying?

Since 1980 alone, it is a good job the Meath team of 1987, Cork team of 1989, Down 1991, Donegal 1992, Derry 1993, Galway 1998, Armagh 2002, Tyrone 2003 didn't listen to you, all those counties had not won before or in a long time.

Hurling equiv. would have been Galway 1980, Offaly 1981, Tipperary 1989, Clare 1995.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

I think us Mayomen are far from overconfident EC Unique, but having come so close to beating Tyrone yesterday, (afterall, they are the team that have 3 Sams in the last decade) is very heartening, in particular the way Mayo played for the first 60 minutes of the game yesterday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

EC Unique

Ah I know Mayo are a good side but some of the dismissive comments on here about Tyrone in the lead up to the game were a sign of over confidence. I think a lot of people are under estimating Tyrone this year.

emmetryan

Apologies for the delay on this lads, here's my tactical take on Tyrone's win over Mayo http://action81.com/blog/?p=6690
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

omagh_gael

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2013, 10:04:55 PM
Ah I know Mayo are a good side but some of the dismissive comments on here about Tyrone in the lead up to the game were a sign of over confidence. I think a lot of people are under estimating Tyrone this year.

Looking back over the thread, it was mainly Mayo Mick! Sure that person (or alternate persona!) was boasting for the three weeks before the AI final that Mayo would definitely beat Donegal handily, before vanishing afterwards!

Besides, why do you care if Tyrone are being underestimated? (assuming they are - we'll see either way this summer). Kerry aside (most years anyway), every team out there has doubters to overcome and respect to earn. And anyway, some of you boys were talking Tyrone up like hell last spring, especially Peter Harte!

Crete Boom

Quote from: EC Unique on February 11, 2013, 10:04:55 PM

Ah in fairness EC Unique they were only a couple of posters posting stuff that you could call cocky that mainly contained slightly over enthusiastic predictions (Mayo to win by 5 pts etc...) and most of the Tyrone posters expected a tough battle too. I didn't see too many of them predicting wins so to say we were/are arrogant is clutching at straws and the quotes you used were from the one ( and probably the most positive/blindly optimistic) Mayo poster.
  I could if you wanted pull up some quotes from a certain entertaining Tyrone poster that not only dismisses Mayo totally as a serious football county but also the whole province of Connacht and blames Mayo(and Connacht) for costing Ulster teams All Ireland finals through the 50's 60's 70's and 80's by not giving them a strong enough challenge in the semi's!!!!! :o
   The difference is I take these comments with a pinch of salt and suspect they are a very blunt by quite comic windup tool to get at all the excitable Connacht posters on this board ;D
  I would hope you are only fishing for a reaction too or else you might want to order a rake of lorry loads of concrete to smooth over a couple of very large chips that are located somewhere on your person ;).

highorlow

Quote*you're wrong. So a team has no right to have confidence in their own ability unless they have an AI, is that what you are saying?

No one was talking about the confidence of the team. Go back and re-read the posts. The point was raised in relation to posters on here and some of their confidence. This must have been an oversight on your part?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

criostlinn

Quote from: highorlow on February 12, 2013, 02:02:58 PM
Quote*you're wrong. So a team has no right to have confidence in their own ability unless they have an AI, is that what you are saying?

No one was talking about the confidence of the team. Go back and re-read the posts. The point was raised in relation to posters on here and some of their confidence. This must have been an oversight on your part?

So what is it. The supporter cannot be confident in his team unless they have won an All Ireland.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: criostlinn on February 12, 2013, 07:10:02 PM
Quote from: highorlow on February 12, 2013, 02:02:58 PM

So what is it. The supporter cannot be confident in his team unless they have won an All Ireland.

That must be it. Fcuk Mayo they're the greatest shower of shites ever to play football. Never winning any All-Ireland in over 60 years. That must be the mantra we've to use anymore when playing teams such as Tyrone.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.