NFL Div 2 2013

Started by Croí na hÉireann, January 30, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2013, 07:46:51 PM
In the rather improbable circumstances where Laois beat Wexford and Armagh draw with Galway, does score difference come into play as both Armagh and Wexford would have 5 points and would have drawn in the head to head?

Believe so. There is no other way to pick between the two.

armaghniac

QuoteBelieve so. There is no other way to pick between the two.

So Armagh win/Wexford draw or Armagh draw/Wexford defeat will see Wexford go down, otherwise Armagh go down.
One hopes the Armagh Laois bond will see them helping us out here and that we can do something against the tribesmen.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2013, 08:18:39 PM

So Armagh win/Wexford draw or Armagh draw/Wexford defeat will see Wexford go down, otherwise Armagh go down.
One hopes the Armagh Laois bond will see them helping us out here and that we can do something against the tribesmen.

Correct. If Armagh match Wexford on league points or level with them we are staying up. Obviously for Louth, they lose they are gone if Armagh win.

I wouldn't rule out Longford just yet. They will want to exit division 2 with something.

Also, congratulations to Westmeath on their promotion to division one.

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2013, 08:18:39 PM

Brrr brrr
Hello ?
What about ya Billy......I'm looking for a wee favour ?
Yearra....*@&# off  ;D

Shamrock Shore

Well. It's been a disasterous campaign for Longford. Games we should have won either thrown away (Wexford for sure, perhaps Galway and Westmeath), games we should have got something out of (Armagh) and games we stank the joint out (Derry and Laois).

Hard to see any reasons for optimism coming into Leinster campaign.

I spose one could point to the U21s and that maybe some will be available for the Wicklow match and hopefully then for a joust against Meath.

Ah well. I didnt expect us to last the pace in Div 2 but is should have been a whole lot better.

That said, well done Westmeath.

Croí na hÉireann

Chin up SS, we went two years without a solitary league point and have our 21s motoring well now. You'll be back up next year. Also two successive promotions bizarrely work against a team as you're better off stopping a year in a Division to find your feet. This time next year Fermanagh will probably be back in Div 3.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Well done Westmeath. Galway lost to Louth again this year so will be staying in D2 most likely, same as last year, same defining loss.

It's only the league I suppose and it's all about experience gained. Antrim really are shite- how did we lose to them last year?. 

This Years Model

Well done Westmeath. Mathematically promoted with a game in hand is impressive stuff.

As for Wexford, it'll be the oh-too-familiar last day nerves. Win and we survive. Lose and we'll be stuck to the trannies hoping for a few favours from Galway and our old buddies Longford.

Laois come to town with an outside chance of promotion, so they'll be well up for it.

Chances are, survival in this Division will have to be earned ...... and in fairness if we do end up losing our last three games - two at home - we can have few complaints.

GalwayBayBoy

I wouldn't depend on us for any favours up in Armagh anyway. Galway are safe and only have a slim chance of promotion even if they win. The U-21's have a Connacht final the day before so I presume any of those lads will be with the U-21's that weekend. Armagh badly need the win and usually in the league the team with the greater motivation on the day more often than not will be victorious. Put that down as a banker Armagh win.

seafoid

Quote from: This Years Model on March 26, 2013, 11:22:19 AM
Well done Westmeath. Mathematically promoted with a game in hand is impressive stuff.

As for Wexford, it'll be the oh-too-familiar last day nerves. Win and we survive. Lose and we'll be stuck to the trannies hoping for a few favours from Galway and our old buddies Longford.

Laois come to town with an outside chance of promotion, so they'll be well up for it.

Chances are, survival in this Division will have to be earned ...... and in fairness if we do end up losing our last three games - two at home - we can have few complaints.
i thought for a minute there that there was a contingent of transvestites in the Wexford football crowd

Croí na hÉireann

Team for Sun:

1 Eoin Carberry;
2 John Gaffey, 3 Kieran Gavin, 4 Kevin Maguire;
5 Damian Dolan, 6 Paul Sharry, 7 Doron Harte;
           8 David Duffy, 9 Darragh Daly;
10 Declan Mullen, 11 Paul Bannon, 12 Denis Corroon;
13 Ronan Foley, 14 Lorcan Smith, 15 Dessie Dolan

Good to see the young lads rested and panel members getting a chance to stake a claim. It'll be tough to keep the unbeaten run going up in Derry, what with an unsettled team and them requiring a result to seal promotion. some tweaks I'd have liked to have seen would be Jason Lynch getting a run in the corner, Gaffey tried out on the wing, Doran in the roving role and I'd have left Ciaran Curley in there to gain some more pitch time.

What's the best route driving from Dublin, through Omagh? Any recommendations for pre/post match grub in Derry?

Rudi

Go through Omagh. Mighty road till you reach Aughnacloy. Take second exit at last roundabout in Strabane signposted Londonderry (bet ya the London bit is painted over  ;D) Plenty of eateries in Derry, could consider parking in the Foyleside shopping centre and walking to the game. Nice city. The Foyleside has a communal eating area with Chinese, Pizza, O Briens and Supermacs. If you want something more substantial, loads of decent places around the city from pub grub to more expensive tastes. Strand Road area is good with the Exchange been a particular favourite of mine. Good luck can't believe ye lads are heading for Div 1, fair play.

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 03, 2013, 11:36:19 AM
Team for Sun:

1 Eoin Carberry;

Good to see the young lads rested and panel members getting a chance to stake a claim. It'll be tough to keep the unbeaten run going up in Derry, what with an unsettled team and them requiring a result to seal promotion. some tweaks I'd have liked to have seen would be Jason Lynch getting a run in the corner, Gaffey tried out on the wing, Doran in the roving role and I'd have left Ciaran Curley in there to gain some more pitch time.

What's the best route driving from Dublin, through Omagh? Any recommendations for pre/post match grub in Derry?

Jason Lynch has left the panel. Apparently annoyed with lack of game time. Realistically he was behind Aaron Purcell too, who was due to start Sunday but has picked up an injury.
Michael Curley has also left the panel to take up employment in Canada.  Seanie Daly (Shamrocks), Jason O'Toole (Lomans) and David McCormack (Rosemount) have been added to the panel.

All of a Sludden

ARMAGH captain Ciaran McKeever has picked up a four-week suspension and will miss Sunday's crucial league match with Galway.

The Cullyhanna man was sent to the line late in the side's game with Louth, despite not playing. McKeever had been allegedly been involved in a verbal altercation with Louth free-taker Brian White.

He attended a hearing last night and was handed a four-week suspension.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on April 03, 2013, 02:00:30 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 03, 2013, 11:36:19 AM
Team for Sun:

1 Eoin Carberry;

Jason Lynch has left the panel. Apparently annoyed with lack of game time. Realistically he was behind Aaron Purcell too, who was due to start Sunday but has picked up an injury.
Michael Curley has also left the panel to take up employment in Canada.  Seanie Daly (Shamrocks), Jason O'Toole (Lomans) and David McCormack (Rosemount) have been added to the panel.

I was afraid that might happen alright, Jason not the most patient of lads. Micheál a loss as would have expected him to start against Carlow judging on form so far. Not an easy choice for him to have to make I imagine. All the more reason to see if Gaffey can do a job on the wing, we all know Doran's capabilities there.