Cross player claims racial abuse

Started by onefaircounty, December 03, 2012, 02:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

December and January don't count towards any suspension as they are considered "closed" months for games.

JUst retired

If they appeal the suspensions,the Ulster CCC may not hear them until a later date,say Mar. they can then decide to lift or increase the suspensions. Would they be so underhand? I would if I was on that committee.

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 23, 2012, 09:55:52 AM
December and January don't count towards any suspension as they are considered "closed" months for games.

I was thinking that as well.

snoopdog

Why aren't the culprits named and shamed. surely that would be a major deterrent. everybody knows it was Aaron Cunningham who was racially abused but these cowards don't even get the public shame they deserve.
If you were caught p1ssing in the street at 2am on a sat morning you would be in the paper for it. Take the blame of Kilcoo and on to the individual.

nrico2006

Why have the players not been identified?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mourne Rover

The Ulster Council has confirmed that the suspensions apply to one player and one spectator. The player, whose identity is hardly a secret, has reportedly got a four month ban, which would cover February to May.

nrico2006

But why is the official statement not stating the names. Half arsed as usual by the GAA
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 25, 2012, 03:36:14 PM
But why is the official statement not stating the names. Half arsed as usual by the GAA

that's policy in case of appeal.

our_fella

One is Aidan Brannigan who plays for down.. There, happy now?  ;)

crossfire

Quote from: our_fella on December 26, 2012, 02:09:28 AM
One is Aidan Brannigan who plays for down.. There, happy now?  ;)

It would suit him better to concentrate on his own game. He was getting a right roasting until Stephen Kernan went off injured.

rrhf

I wonder will there be a reaction from the Gpa.

nrico2006

Quote from: our_fella on December 26, 2012, 02:09:28 AM
One is Aidan Brannigan who plays for down.. There, happy now?   ;)

Extremely.

ck

Any progress on this of late? Or is it where the GAA like it? Swept firmly under the carpet

outinfront

How can the bans be reduced? Is it based on evidence or what?

Bingo

Quote from: johnneycool on December 24, 2012, 08:45:09 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on December 23, 2012, 09:55:52 AM

I was thinking that as well.

I thought these closed months had been done away with in terms of suspensions.