Cross player claims racial abuse

Started by onefaircounty, December 03, 2012, 02:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

This is a total disgrace! Typical GAA sweeping things under the carpet!

nrico2006

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 08, 2013, 10:22:21 AM

Well said.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Why is one player allowed to be named and the other not?

I had thought one was a player and one a spectator. Did anything happen any spectators?

orangeman

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 08, 2013, 10:45:20 AM

Well said.   

Why would Ulster council rescind a suspension do you think ?

Would it be lack of evidence or that they just want to be seen to brush the whole thing under the carpet so to speak ?

brokencrossbar1

Whatever about the individual circumstances kilcoo are coming out of this looking very bad.  Given the nature of the whole event they really should have put the head down and taken it on the chin.  It is not like they are disputing a dodgy refereeing decision or the likes.They got six months maximum and given the nature of things the players would have missed damn all championship time.  No matter what happens they will miss the next championship match no matter what as it is likely to be outside the time ban.  There certainly does not seem to have been much co-operation from them despite their statement of co-operation.

DuffleKing

I don't think he'd miss the next championship game given that he wasn't dismissed during the game?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Well said.   

Would it be lack of evidence or that they just want to be seen to brush the whole thing under the carpet so to speak ?

So you feel there is a lack of evidence here Orangeman?? Agree Kilcoo have came out of this looking very badly! I'd ban both of them for a year!

orangeman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 08, 2013, 11:06:08 AM

Well said.   

So you feel there is a lack of evidence here Orangeman?? Agree Kilcoo have came out of this looking very badly! I'd ban both of them for a year!

It must be a lack of incontrovertible evidence.

Why would the GAA risk losing face and being accused of brushing things under the carpet ? The accused are entitled to a fair hearing and the Ulster council hearings committee have I would imagine closely examined the facts and concluded that in one case, one of the accused had no case to answer ( no concete evidence against him ) and the other Aidan Brannigan did not deserve 24 weeks in the first place.

This is a very public and high profile case and the media are waiting on the outcome and are only too glad to report on it and it is difficult to see the Ulster council hearings body not making the correct decision.

There is a suggestion that this might go further but hopefully not.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 08, 2013, 10:56:05 AM

I don't think he'd miss the next championship game given that he wasn't dismissed during the game?

I could be wrong but my  understanding is that if you are suspended due  to something arising out of a game then you must miss the next game in that competition,therefore he would miss the next championship match.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: orangeman on January 08, 2013, 11:16:24 AM

Well said.   

Why would the GAA risk losing face and being accused of brushing things under the carpet ? The accused are entitled to a fair hearing and the Ulster council hearings committee have I would imagine closely examined the facts and concluded that in one case, one of the accused had no case to answer ( no concete evidence against him ) and the other Aidan Brannigan did not deserve 24 weeks in the first place.

This is a very public and high profile case and the media are waiting on the outcome and are only too glad to report on it and it is difficult to see the Ulster council hearings body not making the correct decision.

With the GAA there is past history in terms of racist claims. Look at the 2 cases in Wexford where 2 county players were subjected to racial abuse. One lad of Chinese descent and other of Egyptian. Both the accused received in the region of 8-10 week suspension. Until the GAA eradicate these half hearted suspensions then I won't change my opinion!

nrico2006

Well said.   

Why did A Brannigan not deserve 24 weeks in the first place?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Applesisapples

It looks like a sordid deal, name the spectator and we'll ease off on the players. Shame Ulster Council Shame!

orangeman

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 08, 2013, 11:36:12 AM

Well said.   

Why did A Brannigan not deserve 24 weeks in the first place?

Not me saying that. Ulster council hearings committee have decided this it would seem based on their decision to now reduce his suspension.

Feckitt

Aidan Brannigan has a darker skin tone than Aaron Cunningham. 

nrico2006

Quote from: Feckitt on January 08, 2013, 12:43:18 PM
Aidan Brannigan has a darker skin tone than Aaron Cunningham.

What's that got to do with anything?