Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on May 28, 2016, 09:51:27 AM
Was at gig last night.  Sound wasn't great in the premium so moved to back of Upper Davin.   Deadly from there.  .
A friend there last night said sound wasn't great either and she was in Davin. Said there was a serious lag on the transmitted sound.

seafoid

I think some of his songs are awful sad now given what has happened to the working class in the US over the last 30 yrs. The guy in born to run in real life would be dead by now , in his 50s.

J70

Decent set list - Jungleland, Saint in the City, Lost in the Flood all on the same night

straightred

sound was poor in premium for 1st hour or so. Seemed to be okay that though

naka

Thought sound very poor where I was sitting in cusack premium

mackers

I was in the pit....thought the sound was ropey up until No Surrender.....after that it was spot on. Absolutely outstanding show....the man is a living legend!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2016, 11:59:17 AM
I think some of his songs are awful sad now given what has happened to the working class in the US over the last 30 yrs. The guy in born to run in real life would be dead by now , in his 50s.
You REALLY, REALLY need to cheer up.

StGallsGAA

QuoteWas at gig last night.  Sound wasn't great in the premium so moved to back of Upper Davin.   Deadly from there.  .
A friend there last night said sound wasn't great either and she was in Davin. Said there was a serious lag on the transmitted sound

The transmitted sound?? As opposed to...?  WTF other type of sound is there at a stadium gig? 

under the bar

QuoteA friend there last night said sound wasn't great either and she was in Davin. Said there was a serious lag on the transmitted sound

The transmitted sound?? As opposed to...?  WTF other type of sound is there at a stadium gig?

Presumably he/she means the screens and sound not being in sync as sound travels slower than vision?  Anyone who goes to a gig and complains about that deserves a kick up the hole.   

INDIANA

You must be one very sad individual if you didn't think that was good. I've seen 7/8 shows now over 25 years and that was his best yet. Absolutely spellbinding show.

seafoid

Quote from: INDIANA on May 28, 2016, 08:04:55 PM

You must be one very sad individual if you didn't think that was good. I've seen 7/8 shows now over 25 years and that was his best yet. Absolutely spellbinding show.
I saw him.in Zurich a few years ago. He is very good.

under the bar

Slane '85 was his best for me but last night was  a close 2nd from where I was standing.  Judging by the number of complaints I heard about the sound in the stands the tour management team may have under-estimated the size of Croker.   A lot of his dates on this tour are in arenas or smaller soccer stadiums.  I thought the banks of speakers by the stage and the relay stations were as small as I've seen in Croker.  I know size doesn't always mean louder but it clearly wasn't up to what's needed for the size of Croke Park.

Captain Obvious

What time did the gig finish? Bold Bruce is known for going over the alloted time.

under the bar

He played about 3hrs 20mins.  That's some value for your money!

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 28, 2016, 08:31:03 PM
What time did the gig finish? Bold Bruce is known for going over the alloted time.

started at 7.16 and finished at 10.53