Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 30, 2016, 01:25:57 PM
Quote from: Declan on May 30, 2016, 11:28:48 AM
A stunning start to last nights gig with that solo rarity on Incident so for me that was enough and I just enjoyed the rest of the show for what it was. Actually thought the Bono duet was good!!

Still the boss

Indeed he is. This was first time seeing him in Ireland and I was a bit dubious about it being in Croke Park but I needn't have been. Fantastic show.

Great show.

The duet with Bono was great as well, so f**k the begrudgers.

He ended a bit earlier than I expected but I thought his voice was gone at that stage. In fairness to him he always gives it everything.
MWWSI 2017

David McKeown

Quote from: INDIANA on May 29, 2016, 11:08:46 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 29, 2016, 11:06:44 PM
Apparently Bono made appearance tonight, that won't go down too well with some on here.

Thank God I missed that twat. When I pay money to see Bruce Springsteen- I want to him sing the songs- not some self absorbed twat like Bono looking for free publicity and ruining a perfectly good song to go with it!

Usually I'd be the same but to be fair to him Bono was very good last night. Didn't speak, didn't pontificate, just came on sang the song, kept the ego in check then fecked off again. It's what I wish he'd do at U2 gigs.

As for the show it was probably his shortest gig in Ireland that I've been to but it was one of his best. Great job at keeping the energy in the crowd all night but still managed to mix in some rarer songs along the way. A great performance.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tony Baloney

No quick ticket sellouts in Belfast or Dublin. Has the Boss priced himself out of it? Was tempted but over a hundred quid to  stand in Boucher Road, potentially in pishing rain, wasn't appealing. Too old for that shit.

marty34

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 07, 2023, 08:29:21 PMNo quick ticket sellouts in Belfast or Dublin. Has the Boss priced himself out of it? Was tempted but over a hundred quid to  stand in Boucher Road, potentially in pishing rain, wasn't appealing. Too old for that shit.

Yeah, basically over £100 to stand in a field.

markl121

Aye I love sprinsteen and saw him once, in 2009 and it was class. *0 quid was steep then, 120 is just too much. Even the belfast gig will be 300 quid for the two of us and thats bussing it.

clarshack

A lot of people have already paid crazy money for Coldplay and Taylor Swift tickets earlier this year. I'd say there wouldn't be much money left at this stage to pay for Bruce too.

thewobbler

Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 09:32:46 PMA lot of people have already paid crazy money for Coldplay and Taylor Swift tickets earlier this year. I'd say there wouldn't be much money left at this stage to pay for Bruce too.

I'd say this is the bottom line.

There's wealth in Ireland. But there's probably not enough chimney pots to keep this bandwagon rolling.

J70

Count yourselves lucky youse aren't in the eastern US. 120 pounds would be almost nosebleed price. By the time the bots and the opportunists are done, you're lucky to get a half-decent resale ticket (at the last minute when they're dropping in price ) for $400.

And forget about the likes of Taylor Swift or Lizzo or Beyoncé. My daughter is nine and just getting into this stuff. I've half a mind to start saving now so we can afford it when she starts begging to go in three or four years.

snoopdog

Ticket prices are ridiculous. I went for pitch tickets for this gig because there is a limit im prepared to pay. As I was in cusack last time he played and the sound was dreadful. Thinking pitch is cheaper and might get better sound.  This will be my last time going to see Bruce at those prices. Also heading to Manics in Trinity and its around 40 euro to see them and suede.  Much more reasonable.

JohnDenver

Quote from: snoopdog on November 08, 2023, 08:42:44 AMTicket prices are ridiculous. I went for pitch tickets for this gig because there is a limit im prepared to pay. As I was in cusack last time he played and the sound was dreadful. Thinking pitch is cheaper and might get better sound.  This will be my last time going to see Bruce at those prices. Also heading to Manics in Trinity and its around 40 euro to see them and suede.  Much more reasonable.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next!

quit yo jibbajabba

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 09:32:46 PMA lot of people have already paid crazy money for Coldplay and Taylor Swift tickets earlier this year. I'd say there wouldn't be much money left at this stage to pay for Bruce too.

I have never seen the boss so said I would go to Boucher, sort of want to see him before either of us dies. Bought two tickets but felt the price was excessive.

snoopdog

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 08, 2023, 08:47:49 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 08, 2023, 08:42:44 AMTicket prices are ridiculous. I went for pitch tickets for this gig because there is a limit im prepared to pay. As I was in cusack last time he played and the sound was dreadful. Thinking pitch is cheaper and might get better sound.  This will be my last time going to see Bruce at those prices. Also heading to Manics in Trinity and its around 40 euro to see them and suede.  Much more reasonable.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next!
;D

Wildweasel74

Near Double of what he cost in 2014. Be giving it a miss.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on November 08, 2023, 09:11:45 AM

I have never seen the boss so said I would go to Boucher, sort of want to see him before either of us dies. Bought two tickets but felt the price was excessive.

£120? Ive seen him a few times in the past but wont be paying that