Ulster U21 Championship 2013

Started by cavanlad, October 11, 2012, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Cavan have a very poor record against Down at underage, barring the hammering we gave them in Breffni in the first round of the U21 in 2010. It's going to be extremely tough and we aren't helped by being brought to the Atheletic Grounds. If this turns into a shootout I find it hard to see Cavan having enough to win, if we can make them play our game, keep things tight, I think we can grind out a result. Best of luck to Peter and all the Cavan team.

mylestheslasher

Did anyone read the Indo's preview of the match. Jaysus that paper is gone to the dogs. Apparently Jack Brady kicked 9 points against Monaghan and he is the sharp shooter that will win the match for us tonight!

Westside

So much coverage of games outside the top counties is woeful. A massive proportion of coverage by anyone other than local journalists is generic rubbish pieced together from match reports. Jack Brady hasn't played as an inside forward for Cavan since the All Ireland Final in 2011.

Myles do you think will Peter change the starting team much? The subs were excellent against Monaghan, this was often the case in previous years too but Terry always favoured consistency in his starting side.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on April 03, 2013, 03:49:11 PM
So much coverage of games outside the top counties is woeful. A massive proportion of coverage by anyone other than local journalists is generic rubbish pieced together from match reports. Jack Brady hasn't played as an inside forward for Cavan since the All Ireland Final in 2011.

Myles do you think will Peter change the starting team much? The subs were excellent against Monaghan, this was often the case in previous years too but Terry always favoured consistency in his starting side.

Well I missed the first game unfortunately but I think he might make a change around the middle, two young lads there last day and they were out muscled a bit. Maybe Mooney coming in to the ctr field? Like you say, I don't think whole scale change is likely. Strong bench will be needed tonight too.

Westside

I got to the first game, don't think I'll make it tonight unfortunately. I thought Sankey did ok. He's strong and committed. Argue had a bad evening, he's very tall but still fairly light. I doubt if Mooney has the fitness for a full game in the middle though. Personally I wouldn't make any unforced changes. It will depend on the match ups against Down too I suppose. The Grahams, Dillon, Moynagh, Madden, are all great options if we're not doing well and need a shake up in personnel.

Something that was overlooked after the last game too was that Jason McLoughlin had just lost his grandfather and went out and played the game and did very well. Fair play to the lad.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on April 03, 2013, 04:12:23 PM
I got to the first game, don't think I'll make it tonight unfortunately. I thought Sankey did ok. He's strong and committed. Argue had a bad evening, he's very tall but still fairly light. I doubt if Mooney has the fitness for a full game in the middle though. Personally I wouldn't make any unforced changes. It will depend on the match ups against Down too I suppose. The Grahams, Dillon, Moynagh, Madden, are all great options if we're not doing well and need a shake up in personnel.

Something that was overlooked after the last game too was that Jason McLoughlin had just lost his grandfather and went out and played the game and did very well. Fair play to the lad.

Yeh same as that, living in west Sligo and working till 6 means its just not possible to make Armagh. Got to all the games last year as they were in Enniskillen. Fair play to McLoughlin, I think he could be a great player for us, a really sticky marker. Do you know are the celt doing a blog on the game, couldnt face listening to that clown on Northern Sound?

boojangles

Good luck to all Cavan lads involved tonight. It's going to be a battle.

Westside

Paul Fitzpatrick is doing his live blog yes, I'm the same about Tynan I feel it's bad luck listening to him! The blog is fantastic, I know a few other media outlets like teamtalkmag do updates things but Paul's Blog is detailed and insightful. I'd recommend it to anyone not able to attend.

rodney trotter

Good luck to the lads tonight. Hopefully a 4th consecutive Ulster u21 final appearance.

Westside

CGilsenan. JMcLoughlin. KClarke. CBrady. DMcVitty. DSexton. FFlanagan. BSankey. MArgue. PGraham. CConroy. TMooney. EO'Reilly. PO'Connor. JBrady

This is the Cavan starting team for tonight. Only change is Paul Graham in for Gerard Smith. Going to be a great night for football, c'mon Cavan!!

drici

Gerard Smith in for Paul Graham.

Dubh driocht

Myles, would you know if Darragh Sexton's da is called Kevin ?
Any score yet ?

mylestheslasher

Sorry lad I don't know
Cavan 3 1 up after 8 mins

mylestheslasher

mylestheslasher