April Jones abduction

Started by Cold tea, October 03, 2012, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2012, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on October 06, 2012, 03:56:01 PM
So Mark Bridger has been charged with murder, terrible news indeed and my heart goes out to the parents. please god they find her body.

if guilty I hope the evil b**tard rots in prison for life under conditions fit for him, not a comfortable cell with all the mod cons

Could think of worse but don't want to annoy the PC crowd on here :(

I would happily do time for murder if that was my child by the way and he was found guilty.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mentalman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2012, 01:19:33 PM
Look some decent posts and while most have a view that prevention is the best solution, it is as someone said already (or close to) trying to change someone who's gay into being straight, it's impossible, and while there is hardship in the working class or unemployed classes it doesn't make people perverts, it's just as prevalent in upper classes as lower, being a pervert doesn't come with being poor

We may not agree on the punishments to be meted out, but I'd agree 100% with everything you've said there.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

EC Unique

So Mark Bridger has been charged with murder, terrible news indeed and my heart goes out to the parents. please god they find her body.

if guilty I hope the evil b**tard rots in prison for life under conditions fit for him, not a comfortable cell with all the mod cons

Fcuk the PC crowd. Bunch of libs that are to blame for a lot of society's problems. A public execution would act as a deterant and also get rid of the fcuker.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 06, 2012, 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 06, 2012, 12:12:20 PMI'm not sure who this "we" is that you are speaking on behalf of Seafoid. I would hazard a guess that if you carried out an opinion poll on what to do with scumbags  that rape and/or kill children that you would have a very clear answer, somewhere between life (as in your whole life) in jail or execution.
Nobody here can speak for anyone affected in this case or many others. There's also a good reason as why a civilised society has a proper judiciary in place and not a lynch mob that randomly acts out their own. Mark Bridger is now charged and it's time for the courts in Wales to take its course.

Seafoid said society didn't know how to deal with paedophilia, my reply I'd that people do know what should be done with them . What your post has to do with that I don't know.

EC Unique

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 06, 2012, 05:55:31 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 06, 2012, 04:53:44 PM

Fcuk the PC crowd. Bunch of libs that are to blame for a lot of society's problems. A public execution would act as a deterant and also get rid of the fcuker.

Sad reflection of yourself that you think this is a matter to post silly little pictures as a reply. I would guess that a lot of people would agree that this **** should be hung.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on October 06, 2012, 06:35:36 PM

Sad reflection of yourself that you think this is a matter to post silly little pictures as a reply. I would guess that a lot of people would agree that this **** should be hung.
I don't agree with you on much but as the father of 3 children I would provide the rope.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: EC Unique on October 06, 2012, 06:35:36 PM

Oh no, the people are undecided on how to treat a child rapist. They just don't know. I mean obviously a large proportion of society at this moment is wondering whether the rapist/murderer was brought up in a tough home, whether his mother cuddled him at night or whether his dad took the belt to him. It must be at the forefront of everyones mind about the poor rapist. How do we rehabilitate this poor man, a course perhaps to better himself?

No doubt some clowns are reading this and nodding in agreement! You are bang on EC. A child rapist is not human in my book. They deserved to be treated like vermin.

seafoid

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 06, 2012, 07:15:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 06, 2012, 06:48:55 PMI don't agree with you on much but as the father of 3 children I would provide the rope.
What gives you any more reason to provide it than say April's mother?
A father of 3 kids who would swap life with them for a 20 year jail term would need to have a good look at himself. How would mrs b like it?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 06, 2012, 07:30:28 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 06, 2012, 06:53:17 PMOh no, the people are undecided on how to treat a child rapist. They just don't know. I mean obviously a large proportion of society at this moment is wondering whether the rapist/murderer was brought up in a tough home, whether his mother cuddled him at night or whether his dad took the belt to him. It must be at the forefront of everyones mind about the poor rapist. How do we rehabilitate this poor man, a course perhaps to better himself?

No doubt some clowns are reading this and nodding in agreement! You are bang on EC. A child rapist is not human in my book. They deserved to be treated like vermin.
You know, it's a bit funny seeing you come out with such arguments when you threw fits about this place in the past about anybody who came out with anything negative about the Irish Traveller community, including the mocking made by them of those that defend travellers. People in glass houses and all that crap.

Regarding this case, what's at the forefront of my mind right now is that I hope April's body is found so her family can give her a burial if she is dead. It's bad enough to have a young daughter or sister murdered - it's even worse when you don't have her body. Bridger's now been charged, his verdict won't take place until next year at the earliest - let the judicial system take its course.

You talk some crap at the back of it all. How is my position on these two unrelated issues inconsistent. I'm looking forward to this explanation...

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 05, 2012, 11:25:21 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 05, 2012, 10:40:06 PM
In all the calls for harsher sentances there still has to be a step change between the sentances for sexual offences and those for murder otherwise there is an element of "May as well be hug for a sheep as a lamb"
By treating the differing offences with the same severity there is a risk that the offender (a more appropriate term would be un-printable) will realise that murder will not increase the punishment but will reduce the risk of getting caught.
Yep, I mentioned that earlier - if the offender gets the same sentence for killing a child as they do for raping them, they will deem that they have nothing to lose whatsoever in murdering the child afterwards - not to mention that murdering and disposing of the body in a manner that is difficult to find (along with removing any incriminating evidence e.g. DNA, fingerprints) is more difficult for police to get clues on the suspect compared to the victim who survives the ordeal.

Quote from: LeoMc on October 05, 2012, 10:40:06 PMMurder should mean a life sentance (no parole) whilst Sexual offence mean should mean castration.
Do you mean physical castration or chemical castration? There would be no way that any western country would these days allow physical castration as a judicial punishment. Another problem is what if the sex offender is a woman? (Yes, they do exist).

Not sure, I don't know which would be more effective. It was not suggested to satisfy the mob mentality /blood lust. The purpose would be to remove the drive to commit further crimes. If the perpetrator cannot be rehabilitated then the drive to do it again must be removed.

deiseach

mylestheslasher

My basis for defending travellers was that just because some commit crime doesnt mean they all do. Yes sections of the community that have high crime rates should have intervention of some sort and should even be cost effective to do so. However, the criminal is 100% responsible for their crime and whining about their upbringing means nothing in my book. But in my opinion a line must be drawn when it comes to child killers. I do not want my tax being spent locking these scum up in high security wings where even the other prisoners recognise them as a different level of prisoner. It doesn't give me a bulge in my trousers as you put it to say justice would only be done by exterminating such scum. They are not worth the effort and such funding would be better spent counselling the victims family who are forgotten as they start their life sentence. Am I right in saying that by your statistics 25% of sex crime perpetrator reoffend despite the punishment and rehabilitation and of course being on a sex offenders register and cops having knowledge of their whereabouts. 1 in 4 reoffend (or are caught reoffending) isn't impressive to me. My system gives zero reoffending for minimal cost to the taxpayer for child rapists and murderers.

deiseach

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 06, 2012, 11:00:58 PM
My system gives zero reoffending for minimal cost to the taxpayer for child rapists and murderers.

Will your system ensure zero wrongful convictions?

Tony Baloney

My basis for defending travellers was that just because some commit crime doesnt mean they all do. Yes sections of the community that have high crime rates should have intervention of some sort and should even be cost effective to do so. However, the criminal is 100% responsible for their crime and whining about their upbringing means nothing in my book. But in my opinion a line must be drawn when it comes to child killers. I do not want my tax being spent locking these scum up in high security wings where even the other prisoners recognise them as a different level of prisoner. It doesn't give me a bulge in my trousers as you put it to say justice would only be done by exterminating such scum. They are not worth the effort and such funding would be better spent counselling the victims family who are forgotten as they start their life sentence. Am I right in saying that by your statistics 25% of sex crime perpetrator reoffend despite the punishment and rehabilitation and of course being on a sex offenders register and cops having knowledge of their whereabouts. 1 in 4 reoffend (or are caught reoffending) isn't impressive to me. My system gives zero reoffending for minimal cost to the taxpayer for child rapists and murderers.
+1. Plenty of offenders should be offered the chance for rehabilitation. Child killers and paedophiles don't fall into that category imo. The taxpayer shouldn't be left footing the bill.

fyi I think he quoted that 3 in 4 DO re-offend. Do you want to take the risk that the offender released into your area is in the 25% or the 75%?

LeoMc

What about Jon Venables and Robert Thompson. Would you be OK with executing 12 year olds?