April Jones abduction

Started by Cold tea, October 03, 2012, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

She is a nasty piece of work that Burley one is.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

EC Unique

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on October 05, 2012, 11:24:00 AM
IF he is guilty (it's looking more and more likely he is) of abducting poor April and the police have had him in custody for 3 days why the hell have they not got it out of him what has happened to her and where she is.  If he has done this and sat in police custody for 3 days it makes him a 100 times more sick (if that's possible) that he can sit there knowing where she is and that he can bring this to a close for everyone asap but is prepared to drag it out for as long as possible.  There are some sick b*****ds out there esp. those that can commit a crime against a child.  I would consider myself fairly liberal in my thinking but when it comes to crimes against children I'd argue that there is no punishment too much for these sickos.

I think it is possible he has admitted it and said he has dumped he in the river. All the police searches seem to be in or around the river.

orangeman

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on October 05, 2012, 01:51:27 PM
How sad is this.

Shocking.

But hey here's the thing, whoever done it and (hopefully) gets caught will be allowed out at some point to do it again and again. Some on here would question why they should be kept in for life
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

No MR2, in fairness I think HS meant why send them off to an island in the North Sea, to a sort of commune for child killers and abusers, so they can kick each other to death.

nrico2006

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2012, 02:11:17 PM
No MR2, in fairness I think HS meant why send them off to an island in the North Sea, to a sort of commune for child killers and abusers, so they can kick each other to death.

But is it better to send them to a nice comfy prison for a few years where they can further their education, watch as much TV as they want, use the Gym, have a pretty high quality menu for meal times, use the internet etc instead of being sent to somewhere that would be hell on earth, which is what they deserve really. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

But he never answered my question as to what he'd prefer the Judaical system does with these things. So he's possibly into reform and rehabilitation, it seems that it doesn't work, and there have been countless stories of these things getting out and committing assaults again.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PM

But is it better to send them to a nice comfy prison for a few years where they can further their education, watch as much TV as they want, use the Gym, have a pretty high quality menu for meal times, use the internet etc instead of being sent to somewhere that would be hell on earth, which is what they deserve really.

Totally agree, cracking rocks with a hammer 7 days a week 12 hours a day until they die. Bread and water twice a day.

red hander

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 05, 2012, 01:14:24 PM
She is a nasty piece of work that Burley one is.

And a complete idiot to boot ... who can forget her 9/11 classic ...  "The whole of the eastern seaboard of the United States has been devastated by a terrorist attack."

LeoMc

Sitting in prison we are paying for them!
Castrate them and release them to face justice.

Asal Mor

Not sure about the high quality menu. A friend of mine did 6 months in Castlerea and he said the food was sh!te.

I agree with Leo Mc. Castration should be used as part of the punishment for serious sex offences. It's logical and a real punishment / deterrent. We're too soft on these people - excuse the lame pun.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: EC Unique on October 05, 2012, 04:38:02 PM

Totally agree, cracking rocks with a hammer 7 days a week 12 hours a day until they die. Bread and water twice a day.

why only 12 hours, there is another 12 in the day. and bread and water once would suffice !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 05, 2012, 09:02:56 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMBut is it better to send them to a nice comfy prison for a few years
If you're convicted and sent to jail on a charge which involves a sexual assault on a child, your time is going to be anything but comfortable - other prisoners will mark you down as the lowest of the low and you'll have to watch your back every day against other inmates. Ian Huntley is hardly having a comfortable life having been attacked with boiling water & sugar and getting his throat slashed, for example. Certainly enough for him to attempt suicide it seems. You can also have Mitchell Harrison who was disemboweled by two fellow prisoners last year, or Colin Hatch (someone where the English justice system did not take enough heed of warning signs and who did commit multiple offences) who was also murdered in prison last year.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMwhere they can further their education
If there is a possibility that they have a possible due date for release in the future, surely it's not the worst of ideas for them to spend some time studying so that if they are eventually released, they have a better chance of finding work and being a constructive person, lessening the risk of reoffending? Besides many of them will be on the sex-offenders register for life so they'll find it impossible to get work in certain areas e.g. a school, social worker.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMwatch as much TV as they want
That depends on circumstances - if they're locked up for much of the day then they might see no television at all, or at best watch in a communal room if they dare go there. After a period of several months or years, they may be allowed a TV in their cell as a reward for good behaviour but of course this could be taken away again.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMuse the Gym
Very much doubt they would venture near one unless they have a sympathetic "heavy" who can protect them. If they can use one, at least exercise can help fend off physical and mental health troubles that could be problematic further down the line.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMhave a pretty high quality menu for meal times
Who do you think sets the menu and does the cooking in prisons? Jamie Oliver? Prison food is pretty basic, bland stuff. There may be the odd "special" e.g. Christmas dinner, but if you're in prison for child sex/murder offences you'll be eating on your own.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMuse the internet etc
Prisoners in the UK are not permitted to have internet access.

QuoteUse of computers and the internet in prison   Prisoners cannot use the internet while in prison
   Prisoners aren't allowed to use computers or the internet to send or receive emails.
They are also not allowed to use or update any social networking website (for example, Facebook or Twitter) while in prison, either:

• personally
  • by asking you or someone else outside prison to do it on their behalf
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/Sentencingprisonandprobation/Familyandfriendsofprisoners/DG_196213

At best some prisoners are allowed use of a communal computer at the prison for educational purposes but still cannot access the internet - the only possible time would be indirectly in association with a prison officer or other appointed person for research only, or to look for Job Centre vacancies in a few open prisons. There have been stories of prisoners updating Facebook profiles in prison - that's being done with contraband normally with smartphones being smuggled in - a problem that's not easy to eradicate as jammers (regardless of their legality) can cause interference beyond the prison perimeter and not cover all of the prison itself. Once idea being piloted in the USA is for mobile phone operators to have special base stations next to the prison which monitor all traffic and can also allow only specially registered mobile phones to connect to the base stations - if an illicit phone is detected, the operator can blacklist the phone and sim card.

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 05, 2012, 02:24:36 PMinstead of being sent to somewhere that would be hell on earth, which is what they deserve really.
Well as I said at the start, it isn't exactly heaven for such convicted criminals - not that I personally think it should be. Child abusers/molesters/killers IMO should be locked away for a long time as appropriate for a defined minimum period and only released if it can be seen that their chances of reoffending are very minimal (rehabilitation results of 100% are impossible to achieve, you can only try to get close to that figure. Many of the serious ones will never be released - those that do having been convicted for life terms are let on on licence (similar to paramilitary prisoners released through the GFA) who can be called back to prison at any time if they break the law.

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 05, 2012, 05:40:38 PMI agree with Leo Mc. Castration should be used as part of the punishment for serious sex offences. It's logical and a real punishment / deterrent. We're too soft on these people - excuse the lame pun.
As I said in a previous post, quite often in law the punishment doesn't act as an effective deterrent unless the punishment is very draconian - even then plenty of people will take the risks involved; more often it is the fear of getting caught that is a deterrent. Take for example speeding motorists - a lot will often exceed the designated speed limit in some places they travel but if there is a sign that there is someone to enforce it about e.g. a visible speed camera or police patrol, they'll slow down so they don't get caught. Sometimes this won't work for them, they're caught and hit with a fixed £60 fine. Most caught out that way will grumble and pay up, but will it stop the offender from breaking speed limits again? More than likely it won't - they'll just try and not get caught again. Let's jack the penalty right up to say £600. That might convince some such motorists to keep within the speed limits at all times but the others will still be happy enough to risk it. Even with harsher penalties again they'll still be a pool of risk takers for whom the punishment itself doesn't wholly deter them. They're just playing a game of cat and mouse of not getting caught. Even the treat of your vehicle being impounded and fines to be paid because you're caught running it with red or green diesel doesn't deter quite a few people as we've seen on this board.

But back on to the subject itself, it means that those who are molesting children simply play the game in a similar way. They know the risks of what will happen to them if they're caught but it does little to deter them. They instead focus on lessening the risk of getting caught. In decades gone by one of the methods often used was to get yourself into a position of power and/or privilege where if you're not caught red handed, your social status means that any accuser runs the risk of not being taken seriously not to mention possible cover-ups by those responsible for them to prevent possible guilt by association. We've seen this with the recent allegations on Jimmy Savile. Gary Glitter managed to keep a low profile until he was foolish enough to get his computer fixed up rather than destroy it. It shouldn't be needed to go into too much detail about the covering up of abuses by the hierarchy of the Irish Catholic church, while over in the United States you have the Jerry Sandusky case and the cover up over his actions at Penn State over the years. Arguably nowadays it is more difficult for such persons to get into such positions due to criminal checks, registers etc but again it's not failsafe.

As to the option of castration - chemical castration is sometimes used on sex offenders in a few parts of the globe either as a voluntary bargain for parole, or as a mandatory compliance on release in certain cases. It's one that could certainly be looked into more often as part of terms of prisoner release.

All of your explanations will mean fook all to the families of the kids that will never see them watch tv, play in the street, eat their dinners or further their education, get married, have their own kids!! All taken by the lowest scum every to be formed by, well whoever.

So to put it bluntly, they are still living a life, a life this little girl never got a chance to have

Dougal Maguire

Having said that its a pretty good post.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 05, 2012, 09:38:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2012, 09:11:23 PMAll of your explanations will mean fook all to the families of the kids that will never see them watch tv, play in the street, eat their dinners or further their education, get married, have their own kids!! All taken by the lowest scum every to be formed by, well whoever.
What would make you think that I haven't been affected in a similar way?
Unfortunately nothing that is handed down as punishment to child murderers will ever bring back loved ones. It's not my position to explain what motivates such people to do such acts. There are hundreds of thousands of families across the world whose children have disappeared who have been abused, murdered, human trafficked, forced into slavery etc. I'm sure many of us are thankful that they are not in such a position to face the emotions that go with it. There is plenty of evil in the world, some universally recognised as such and others who commit evil while portraying themselves as saints. There but for the grace of God.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2012, 09:11:23 PMSo to put it bluntly, they are still living a life, a life this little girl never got a chance to have
True. But to some in differing circumstances not all life is worth living for.

I've never stated you or anyone on here has been affected by things such as this, my problem is with the Judical system, they keep letting these guys out after they have done some terrible crimes, by your own post these people keep re-offending and won't be rehabilitated.

There is plenty of evil in this world no doubt but the evil that has happened in Wales and elsewhere like that can be stopped. Life for life in those circumstances or as I posted before some rotten hole away da fook from society, and if the libs complain, let them look after them.

That's just my view