Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Banter Panther on May 02, 2014, 12:49:59 AM
I wouldn't take any notice of his opinions, it's the way others do that bothers me. Love him or hate him, he's got an audience. I hear a lot of people saying 'he's right more often than now', but I don't think that's hard when you back every horse in the race, eh?

Only knows one way to train a team that's his biggest problem. I know a couple of the donegal players very well and some fo the training they did pre-xmas was beyond professional sport in my oponion

PAULD123

Quote from: Bensars on May 01, 2014, 11:47:34 PM
Absolutely bang on the money. A sickening c**t who jumps on any bandwagon. A favourite backer and self declared saviour of the all that is good in the GAA.

Would love to hear mario rosenstock doing him, similar to flip flop Dunphy

Brolly is painful at times on TV. But he is playing to the audience. People seem to like listening to that Dunphy style controversialism and hypocrisy. But off screen he is not the same. Joe is polite, reasonable and incisive. He has a lot to say about the game that is worth listening to. It is just too bad that RTE have decided to go with a style that is effectively who can say the most controversial comment and how much can each panelist attack the other's view.

Also what doesn't come across is that he has a terrific sense of humor and is a very witty man. Tells great stories and is well worth listening to.

INDIANA

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2014, 08:06:49 AM
Quote from: Banter Panther on April 30, 2014, 09:33:36 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 30, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
I would put nothing past McGuinness. This could be some sort of ploy.
I was paranoid after the Monaghan game last year, because I couldn't believe how 'unbeatable' Donegal could not only be beaten, but beaten very tamely. Then the Mayo game came along. I just don't believe he's the psychological genius Brolly made him out to be. He's been a good manager, but he's not some kind of mastermind.

Brolly will hop up and ride whatever is in gaa vogue at the current time, to a nauseating degree. He drops them just as quick. His fawning over Tyrone was sickening , he swiftly turned on them as soon as they faded, hes done the same with Donegal, and will do the same with Dublin. Hes an intelligent articulate and decent man, but why anyone would pay any special attention to his views on gaa is beyond me.

Absolutely bang on the money. A sickening c**t who jumps on any bandwagon. A favourite backer and self declared saviour of the all that is good in the GAA.

The same sickening c*** as you eloquently put it who has done more for organ donation in Ireland then anyone else.

Silly comments from yourself. I don't agree with half his views at times either

Walter Cronc

Quote from: INDIANA on May 02, 2014, 10:33:31 AM
I was paranoid after the Monaghan game last year, because I couldn't believe how 'unbeatable' Donegal could not only be beaten, but beaten very tamely. Then the Mayo game came along. I just don't believe he's the psychological genius Brolly made him out to be. He's been a good manager, but he's not some kind of mastermind.

Brolly will hop up and ride whatever is in gaa vogue at the current time, to a nauseating degree. He drops them just as quick. His fawning over Tyrone was sickening , he swiftly turned on them as soon as they faded, hes done the same with Donegal, and will do the same with Dublin. Hes an intelligent articulate and decent man, but why anyone would pay any special attention to his views on gaa is beyond me.

The same sickening c*** as you eloquently put it who has done more for organ donation in Ireland then anyone else.

+1

He's not wise and us Derry men don't agree with him half the time (unless its Tyrone bashing) but there is no doubt he's a great man (opt for life) and I'd have him any day over the silent assassins who take the brown envelope up and down the country!!

orangeman

For this, we have to thank Joe and people like him. Whatever his views are on GAA we all love to listen, even if we don't agree. He's an entertainer and does his job well. And as someone said, he'll not be looking for a brown envelope at the end of the night either.

The number of organ donors registered in Northern Ireland has reached an all time high at just over 582,000 people.

If it's good enough for Edwin Poots, good enough for me too.

http://www.northernireland.gov.uk/news-dhssps-300414-poots-praises-record

Bensars

I never disputed or commented on his charitabale work or work in organ donation field. he should be loudly congratulated.
My comments were based upon his punditry and his messiah syndrome, whereby he is right and everyone else wrong.

Two seperate issues, dont get confused Indiana.

INDIANA

Quote from: Bensars on May 02, 2014, 11:02:26 AM

I never disputed or commented on his charitabale work or work in organ donation field. he should be loudly congratulated.
My comments were based upon his punditry and his messiah syndrome, whereby he is right and everyone else wrong.

Two seperate issues, dont get confused Indiana.

I'm not getting confused. Your original post didn't state the distinction.

He's a showman and I don't agree with him half the time but he is a true GAA man in my opinion. And that's borne by his actions as a GAA man not his words.

I suppose I like a bit of showbiz.  8)

Wildweasel74

I vaguely thought this was the Jim McGuinness thread, Joes got the entire last page here

rodney trotter

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=220008

News that Jim McGuinness is to be handed a greater role at Celtic FC has raised questions marks over his future as Donegal manager.

The Glenties man, who is preparing the Tir Chonaill men for their fourth Ulster SFC final in as many years, has been employed on a part-time basis as a performance consultant by the Glasgow giants since November 2012. But it has now emerged that new Celtic manager Ronnie Deila wants McGuinness involved in an increased capacity, which means he may no longer be able to combine both roles.

"We already have a sports psychologist in Jim McGuinness, so I want to bring him in even more," Deila is quoted as saying.

"All my staff's knowledge is going to be used. I can't do it all. I want the best scientists in the world. They have to have experience and learn, but I also have to go out to seek new knowledge.

"We will grow as a staff in our knowledge and the players will adapt."

McGuinness has been working with Celtic's youth and fringe players over the past two years, but his remit could soon involve working with the first team squad also.

Syferus

Is there any heir apparent when McGuiness goes? Rory Gallagher was the obvious man until he was excommunicated by Pope Jimmy last year.

T Fearon

It worries me that Deila with some of his comments to date that he is soccer's version of John Morrison. I was over at Celtic training in January and Jim was no where near the first team,but was but one of a myriad of coaches looking after the younger teams.In fact my host who is employed full time by Celtic in a non coaching capacity had never heard of him!

omaghjoe

Jimmy turned up at the Kerry training? :D

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=238533

Feck the neck on the hoor was/is unbelievable...... You can imagine Padi

"Who the f**k does he think he is? Jesus Christ?"

highorlow

Jimmy's robbing ideas?

His IT article today is strangely familiar to wobblers idea for the championship structure.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

Jimmy didn't come across too good on last nights second captains show.

Typical of such a domineering figure though, he is always right and his enemies are wrong.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go