Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banter Panther

'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Main Street

Quote from: sheamy on April 30, 2014, 09:17:03 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2014, 08:38:24 PM
It doesn't matter what team such a walkout happens to, it's deflating for the county and for the GAA.
But of course, Derry folk are allowed a wry smile.

Mark McHugh will be playing on the 25th May. No one has confirmed he's gone.
Who are you calling "no one"?

Rossfan

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2014, 09:01:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2014, 08:57:41 PM
If I find Mark on the beer in Sligo too tonight I'll pass on your questions.
If there's somebody of some repute on the beer in the wild west, you're the man to be on the spot to witness the event.
There must be some underage drinkin goin on in Shliiigo if Syfín is getting served  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EC Unique

I would put nothing past McGuinness. This could be some sort of ploy.

Banter Panther

Quote from: EC Unique on April 30, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
I was paranoid after the Monaghan game last year, because I couldn't believe how 'unbeatable' Donegal could not only be beaten, but beaten very tamely. Then the Mayo game came along. I just don't believe he's the psychological genius Brolly made him out to be. He's been a good manager, but he's not some kind of mastermind.

sheamy

Apologies if unclear. What I mean is the player hasn't confirmed he has left and neither has the management. Appears that the Donegal media published the story based on rumour this afternoon.

Main Street

I wouldn't mind Monaghan winning an AI, I have some degree of envy that Donegal managed that feat with an average enough team, fair f**ks  to McGuinness ........... and beating Tyrone twice along the way.

Armamike

Jimmy's losing players.  If this is true he seems to have fallen out with a few people the past couple of years - first Rory Gallagher and then this.  A driven individual or a hard man to get on with?
That's just, like your opinion man.

muppet

Quote from: Armamike on April 30, 2014, 11:57:41 PM
Jimmy's losing players.  If this is true he seems to have fallen out with a few people the past couple of years - first Rory Gallagher and then this.  A driven individual or a hard man to get on with?

They're not mutually exclusive.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: Armamike on April 30, 2014, 11:57:41 PM

Could be and probably is both.

Syferus

No sign of Mark tonight. Must have made up with Hitler.

haranguerer

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 30, 2014, 09:33:36 PM
I was paranoid after the Monaghan game last year, because I couldn't believe how 'unbeatable' Donegal could not only be beaten, but beaten very tamely. Then the Mayo game came along. I just don't believe he's the psychological genius Brolly made him out to be. He's been a good manager, but he's not some kind of mastermind.

Brolly will hop up and ride whatever is in gaa vogue at the current time, to a nauseating degree. He drops them just as quick. His fawning over Tyrone was sickening , he swiftly turned on them as soon as they faded, hes done the same with Donegal, and will do the same with Dublin. Hes an intelligent articulate and decent man, but why anyone would pay any special attention to his views on gaa is beyond me.

ck

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2014, 08:06:49 AM

Brolly will hop up and ride whatever is in gaa vogue at the current time, to a nauseating degree. He drops them just as quick. His fawning over Tyrone was sickening , he swiftly turned on them as soon as they faded, hes done the same with Donegal, and will do the same with Dublin. Hes an intelligent articulate and decent man, but why anyone would pay any special attention to his views on gaa is beyond me.

+1
Heard Brolly on radio this week on about Donegal and Monaghan playing outdated football and that their behind the rest, he sounds more like Paul Galvin talking about fashion. Has he got a point though? Maybe Jimmy McGuinness knows no other way to play? They looked a mess on Sunday last

Bensars

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2014, 08:06:49 AM

Absolutely bang on the money. A sickening c**t who jumps on any bandwagon. A favourite backer and self declared saviour of the all that is good in the GAA.

Would love to hear mario rosenstock doing him, similar to flip flop Dunphy

Banter Panther

I wouldn't take any notice of his opinions, it's the way others do that bothers me. Love him or hate him, he's got an audience. I hear a lot of people saying 'he's right more often than now', but I don't think that's hard when you back every horse in the race, eh?