Connacht Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by Syferus, September 11, 2012, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on October 02, 2012, 06:28:20 PM
Hard to look beyond Glencar in Leitrim.
Have a slight fancy for Mevlin Gaels they walked their semi final while Glencar were lucky to beat St. Mary's. The form of Emlyn Mulligan could be the difference between the sides.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

They might be without Andy Moran,O'Connor but Ballintubber,Ballaghadereen march on to the Mayo final. Curry are Sligo champs after beating St Mary's 1-16 to 1-10 & last but not least my tip for Mervin Gaels was right as beat Glencar/Manorhamilton by 6pts
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

ck

Curry will be hard to stop lads. Play a great brand of attacking football

ross4life

The Galway,Roscommon senior finals on tomorrow,Gary Cox is part of Salthill/Knocknacarra team so a Roscommon interest in both finals. I'm going to stick with the favourites Tuam,St. Brigids.

ross4life

Wasn't great but a tightly contested Roscommon final, a late Frankie Dolan goal put a end to the spirited Pearses fightback on a scoreline of 2-8 to 0-9 Pearses has the makings of a fine team & should win a Roscommon title within the next few years. Next up for Brigids is Mervin Gaels at home in two weeks.

Well done to Gary Cox on winning a Galway senior title with Salthill-Knocknacarra, worth noting the last time they won the Galway title they went on to win Connacht beating St Brigids in the final.

Rossfan

I thought Gary had retired  ???
As for our final - poor enough but Brigid's just have more than enough as usual.
Will need to up it to retain Connacht though.
I bet they're glad Frankie was back .
Good Minor game ended level.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on October 14, 2012, 07:04:23 PM
I thought Gary had retired  ???
As for our final - poor enough but Brigid's just have more than enough as usual.
Will need to up it to retain Connacht though.
I bet they're glad Frankie was back .
Good Minor game ended level.
Retired from inter county level less pain in his ankle with less training i guess. Minor final was a good game Enda Smith scored a superb late goal & Diarmuid McGann stood out with 1-6 he should be part of Roscommon's minor team next year. (we could have done with him this year aswell)

Rossfan

Pity the minor set up couldn't be organised that the Club Championships be played and completed before the Inter County.
That way lads who show up best in the Club competition would get on the County team on merit rather than from meaningless trials in mid Winter
There's no reason at all to be putting Minor on with Senior in Inter County.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Thought Shane Filan for Strokestown had an impressive day as well, if not for a strong wind dropping a few shots short he'd have even more. Has to be in the mix at minor next season.

emmetryan

I've put together analysis of the Galway final here for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=6316
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

GalwayBayBoy

Not a great Galway county final yesterday although conditions were dreadful. First half was not bad but second half was a real slog in a deluge of rain. Salthill were just too big and physical for the Stars who probably needed a dry track to have a chance.

The other two times that Salthill won the county title they went all the way to the All-Ireland final but not sure the current bunch will be able to match that.

ross4life

Mayo final on this Sunday it will be live on TG4.

Connacht draw

Preliminary round - 28th October - St Brigid's v Mevlin Gaels - Kiltoom - 230pm
Semi final - 11th November - Ballintubber/Ballaghaderreen v Curry - McHale park
Semi final - 11th November - St Brigid's/Mevlin Gaels v Salthill Knocknacarra - Pearse Stadium/Pairc sean
Final - 25th November

Current odds with PP.

St Brigids    11/10
Salthill    5/2
Ballintubber    7/2
Ballaghaderreen    8/1
Curry    10/1
Melvin Gaels  50/1

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on October 16, 2012, 07:41:31 PM

Connacht draw

Semi final - 11th November - St Brigid's/Mevlin Gaels v Salthill Knocknacarra - Pearse Stadium/Pairc sean
Final - 25th November

Current odds with PP.

St Brigids    11/10
Salthill    5/2
Ballintubber    7/2
Ballaghaderreen    8/1
Curry    10/1
Melvin Gaels  50/1

Hmmmmm. Mayo football at a low ebb. Where did it all go wrong?

Ballina Stephenites on the verge of relegation etc.

Our county final live on TG4.  At least that is something.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: moysider on October 16, 2012, 10:48:14 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 16, 2012, 07:41:31 PM

Connacht draw

Final - 25th November

Current odds with PP.

St Brigids    11/10
Salthill    5/2
Ballintubber    7/2
Ballaghaderreen    8/1
Curry    10/1
Melvin Gaels  50/1

Hmmmmm. Mayo football at a low ebb. Where did it all go wrong?

Ballina Stephenites on the verge of relegation etc.

Our county final live on TG4.  At least that is something.

Nothing to do with an extra game then!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.