Connacht Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by Syferus, September 11, 2012, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Castlerea knocked out last night a youthful Pádraig Pearses side march on where they now face another young team in Ros Gaels this Sunday. The winner of the other semi (this Saturday Elphin v St Brigid's) will be odds on to win the Ros title.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Brigid's-Elphin will likely decide who plays Galway in the Connacht semi-final with Turla. gone. If anyone can trouble Brigid's it's Elphin.

Mayo semis likely to be this week or next?

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 24, 2012, 07:37:53 PM
Brigid's-Elphin will likely decide who plays Galway in the Connacht semi-final with Turla. gone.

The winners of this game will play in the Roscommon County Final.

No need to be motivating Ros.Gls/PPs or the Layhtrums either  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Pearses and Ros are teams back-boned by some incredibly young players. If managed properly themselves and Clann will have plenty of opportunities to win a county title in the years to come. Can't see either troubling Brigid's or Elphin this year - Brigids have quite literally hammered both in league or championship play within the last two months. When was the last time a Roscommon club lost to a Leitrim club in the Connacht championship?

ross4life

Impressive stuff from St Brigid's today a 15 win over Elphin. Senan Kilbride MOTM with 1-6, Elphin with only one point in the 2nd half tells it's own tale. They should go on to win their third Ros title in row now & it will take a good team to beat them in Connacht.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

They looked genuinely awesome today. If they can repeat that level of performance not even Cross could live with them. They've shown capacity, now it's about consistency.

Rossfan

Don't be running away with yerself there Sufferus !! ;D

Pearses beat Ros Gaels today and are next to try and stop the Brids. I certainly don't fancy their chances.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on September 30, 2012, 07:08:45 PM

Pearses beat Ros Gaels today and are next to try and stop the Brids. I certainly don't fancy their chances.

Yeah low scoring game 1-8 to 0-9. TBH the Ros final this year is like a good U21 side taking on the best senior club in Connacht.

Syferus

On de way home from de third AI final loss of the year for the mighty men of Connacht. Love me Galwayeen brothereens.

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on September 30, 2012, 08:00:47 PM

On de way home from de third AI final loss of the year for the mighty men of Connacht. Love me Galwayeen brothereens.

4th Mayo also lost the junior AI final to Kerry.

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on September 30, 2012, 08:07:26 PM

4th Mayo also lost the junior AI final to Kerry.

Just thought of Davitts, make that five!

Consoling all the Gaillimh lassies with tales of Senan Kilbride's brilliance.

Rossfan

Everything and everyone that gets your backing end up in total disaster.... Newton, Mayowestros,Galway hurlers, a certain Ros forward.....
Please desist from supporting Bridgets immediately. >:(

I suppose our U21 hurlers are the only Connacht team to win an A I Final the year. 8) Obviously Suff had no interest in them ;D

ross4life

All on this weekend who do you fancy to progress?

Sligo final
Curry v St Mary's

Leitrim Final
Glencar\Manorhamilton v Melvin Gaels

Mayo semi finals
Ballaghaderreen  v Knockmore
Ballintubber v Crossmolina

Galway,Roscommon finals are on the following weekend.

Syferus

In Sligo it'd appear to be Curry if they can replicate the form they showed in beating Tourlestrane. Hard to look beyond Glencar in Leitrim. I'll be a homer and tip Ballagh to win their semi but the other semi is the pick of the weekend. With O'Connor injured and C Mc in such good form you have to think the stage is set for Deel to eliminate the champions.

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on October 02, 2012, 06:28:20 PM
With O'Connor injured and C Mc in such good form you have to think the stage is set for Deel to eliminate the champions.

Can't see it happening but others on here would have a better idea of these two sides