Declan Ryan quits Tipperary hurling job

Started by Ash Smoker, September 01, 2012, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeofhurling8

Dinny is a bit "old school" for the modern game imo Johnney, he reminds me a bit of yer man from Father Ted, Dinnys solution to everything is " is there anything to be said for another lap " ;), i personally think himself and Paudie Butler should tour the weaker counties 52 weeks of the year preaching the gospel to the unconverted, two finer, more passionate, men to talk about the game i have never come across.

AZOffaly

I was just going to ask about Paudie Butler and would he be in the running.

homeofhurling8

I think he is too long out of top level management Az, isnt he also employed by the Gaa at the moment ?

If O'Shea isn't a goer i know Richie Stakelum is highly thought of among the cognoscenti (and some of us no marks), whether he would be up for the travelling from the big smhoke is another matter, i could offer him a lift i suppose ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on September 20, 2012, 02:19:20 PM
I think he is too long out of top level management Az, isnt he also employed by the Gaa at the moment ?

If O'Shea isn't a goer i know Richie Stakelum is highly thought of among the cognoscenti (and some of us no marks), whether he would be up for the travelling from the big smhoke is another matter, i could offer him a lift i suppose ;)

Is Stakelum not with Daly in the Dublin set up still?

homeofhurling8

He is indeed Johnney but he could be enticed with the chance to end the famine ;)

GalwayBayBoy

homeofhurling8

He never went away you know ;)

He is too busy, now that the son in law is flat out training horses "advising" on the training of horses Babs is the bookie runner for the yard ;)

Bord na Mona man

Colombia

At this stage there are so many rumours afloat that I wouldn't be surprised to hear Premior Emperor & homeofhurling announced as selectors with Bord na Mona man on board as the new physical trainer

homeofhurling8

Quote from: Colombia on September 21, 2012, 09:35:19 AMI wouldn't be surprised to hear Premior Emperor & homeofhurling announced as selectors with Bord na Mona man on board as the new physical trainer

In fairness i was having a pint with one of the chaps approached to be a selector at the time of the approach and i did say if he wasn't interested i would do it, maybe yer man on the other end of the line heard it and chalked it down as an acceptance ;) If so then i would like to announce that my team will be Paul "Sumo" Shelly-Fitness and conditioning coach, Michael "Babs" Keating-Player relations, Diarmuid Fitzgerald - Forwards coach, John "twinkle Leahy- Backs coach and Timmy "d'unbelievable" Ryan- Manager and psychologist, if we don't win five in a row with that team I'm the pope ;) 

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 20, 2012, 03:09:32 PM
Just bring back Babs.
I was listening to Babs on the radio there after the Tipp KK match and he sounds like a real old codger. Bringing up the 1958 Munster final to make a point. But he didn't say anything about the tactics of the match. 

homeofhurling8

Babs still has a very sharp hurling brain in fairness to him, he plays up to his media image a bit but if you get him on his own it can be very entertaining and enlightening, he is an irascible old boot at times and like all auld fellas everything was better in his day but the fire still burns bright.

seafoid

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on September 21, 2012, 10:40:55 AM
Babs still has a very sharp hurling brain in fairness to him, he plays up to his media image a bit but if you get him on his own it can be very entertaining and enlightening, he is an irascible old boot at times and like all auld fellas everything was better in his day but the fire still burns bright.
What age is he ? He wouldn't be much older than Cyril Farrell, would he ?

AZOffaly

homeofhurling8

Babs must be coming up on 70 now, Farrell would be a few years younger and Cody wouldnt be 60 yet.