Antrim need a new manager

Started by DuffleKing, August 27, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: ck on September 06, 2012, 09:50:18 PM
::) You serious? Everyone knows (except you!) that McGuinness won the Donegal chip with Glenties. Their first in 30 years or so. He then went on and won the Ulster u.21 cship with Donegal and brought them to the All-Ireland final. Excellent track record

Lol, brass neck on ya

stibhan

Give the job to O'Rourke right bloody now.

Hardy

theticklemister

Quote from: stibhan on September 14, 2012, 12:25:26 AM
Give the job to O'Rourke right bloody now.
Quote from: Hardy on September 14, 2012, 12:41:56 AM
Same here in Meath.

Mickey O'Rourke is shooting a new film, he is unavailable

onefaircounty

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

saffron sam2

Aidan O'Rourke at a loose end now and a decent option, but will have to change his name to Aidso.

John Rafferty also in the mix.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ck

Have Antrim announced officially who the contenders are?

orangeman

Quote from: ck on September 14, 2012, 11:35:19 PM

Contenders or pretenders ?

antrimlad

Quote from: ck on September 14, 2012, 11:35:19 PM

Irish News (I think) had it down as Aidan O'Rourke, Lenny Harbinson, Gearoid Adams and someone else who I can't remember  :)

Atticus_Finch

Saw an Irish news tweet saying one of the contenders has pulled out, can someone confirm who it was ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Atticus_Finch

Thanks Hardstation.

Have to say i'm surprised at that, what were his reasons ?

From an outsider's point of view there seems to have been a bit of friction between the county setup and the St Gall's team over the past number of years.

Antrim surely would be a better team with more of the St Galls lads involved and you would have thought that Harbinson getting the nod would have automatically ensured that and would have therefore been a good appointment.  But as I say I don't know his reasons for pulling out of the race.

Whether he would have been properly accepted by lads from the other clubs I do not know.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

stibhan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/19633844

Lenny Harbinson out of race for Antrim football job

Lenny Harbinson has opted out of the race to succeed Liam Bradley as Antrim senior football manager.
Harbinson said that new work commitments meant that he wouldn't be able to be considered for the job.
With Aidan O'Rourke and Frank Dawson also ruling themselves out of contention, Gearoid Adams appears to be emerging as the favourite.
Kevin Madden has also been linked with the job but it's not clear whether he will allow his name to be submitted.
Harbinson guided St Gall's to the All-Ireland Club Football title in 2010.

saffron sam2

I don't think Linus was ever in the running to replace Boxer.

Story I heard was that a journalist asked him if he was interesting in managing Antrim and he said that yes, he was, but that it was much too early in his career to be even thinking about. The journalist stopped lsitening after the first word.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ck

IMO Adams is a very poor appointment. Has done nothing to prove his worth. Watch Antrim slide under his reign