Antrim need a new manager

Started by DuffleKing, August 27, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

I see in todays IN Kevin Madden has ruled himself out of the Antrim job so think that just leaves G.Adams.

CitySlicker11

I know the manager has a huge part to play, but nowadays it is nearly all conducted by the coaches that they bring with them. If Adams can get a strong team behind him then Antrim can continue to improve. He changed St Johns fortunes around this season.

On that point, would anyone be aware of the level of input Jim McGuinness has over Donegal? Would he more of a thinker or tactician or is he out on the field conducting most of the training session?

CitySlicker11

Was thinking the same myself HS, but that was the 'luck' of the draw. Staying within 5 points of St Galls in the county final would be improving their season IMO. However if St Johns current players can bring some of their past traditions to the field next weekend then you never know. St Galls by 8.

No chance of Madden joining as part of the backroom team?

glens abu

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 20, 2012, 12:17:51 PM
Was thinking the same myself HS, but that was the 'luck' of the draw. Staying within 5 points of St Galls in the county final would be improving their season IMO. However if St Johns current players can bring some of their past traditions to the field next weekend then you never know. St Galls by 8.

No chance of Madden joining as part of the backroom team?

I dont think so he said in the paper today that he was staying with the Loup again next year.

Atticus_Finch

And the winner is ....... Frank Dawson.

Just got a text suggesting that Antrim are going to announce that Frank Dawson is their new manager.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

fitzroyalty

What was McGourty's problem this time?

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on October 05, 2012, 03:56:18 PM

Just got a text suggesting that Antrim are going to announce that Frank Dawson is their new manager.

got the same word...good manager, and a good fella by all accounts...i'd say that mcgourty wont be getting a call for a while
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on October 05, 2012, 06:25:21 PM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on October 05, 2012, 03:56:18 PM

got the same word...good manager, and a good fella by all accounts...i'd say that mcgourty wont be getting a call for a while

You know he is a Galls man? No but seriously Frank is a proven winner, both as a player with St Galls and in his various manager roles including the Down senior hurling team. Should be an interesting panel, could see the return of a player maybe, depends I suppose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

So McGourty accuses people around the Antrim set up of lacking ambition - bit rich from a man who would rather sit in the stand and watch his County play football, rather than play at the highest level himself.  All the best to Frank Dawson, don't know anything about the man but I hope he can get us back to an Ulster Final and beyond, don't see why not.   

ck

Frank Dawson has a track record which looks decent. I'd say he's a good appointment for Antrim.
As for that McGourty fella spouting nonsense in the press again. Why does anyone care what he thinks? Why does the press give him airtime? He's a waster who has won nothing at county level, just a mouth piece

ck

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2012, 10:47:13 PM
"Won nothing at county level".

He's from Antrim, tbf. How many have?

NFL promotions or cship runs to an ulster final?

ck

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2012, 11:09:54 PM
Oh, that's winning something. Right....

More than motor mouth McGourty has won

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on October 05, 2012, 11:55:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2012, 11:09:54 PM
Oh, that's winning something. Right....

More than motor mouth McGourty has won

I'd say he's won a right few more than you who is mouthy off here. Strange that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Yes, yes he has. Terrific point. You win the debate hands down with that one