All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

I don't know which is worse complaining about a referee prior to the game or doing it on the wrong thread?

Anyhow if anyone has any proper build up information in relation to the team etc can they post it on the semi final thread.

Who is the gombeen that started this thread anyhow. This board has headed downhill this season.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Declan

Does anyone honestly think that Horan or the panel give a flying feck about what journos think or if they have their "respect" - They are only concerned with preparing for the semi and trying to ensure that they put on a good performance same as Gilroy and Dublin.

QuoteMy only ambition here would be to ensure (somehow) that McQuillan is aware of the concerns in Mayo re his appointment. I don't for a moment believe he has any intention of being anything but as fair as possible. However, human nature being what it is will see decisions go the way of Dublin without McQuillan thinking he has made a bad call. So, if the concerns expressed here and elsewhere were to force him to hold off bowing the whistle for half a second and ask himself a 2nd time whether it was a foul, etc, then i'd be happy.

This would suggest that you'd be happy that your pre-conceived opinions of him may now influence him to make a "better" decision to help you win - Jesus I can't get my head around that one

blast05

Replace 'better' with 'correct' Declan.
All I want to see is fair play and then let the better team win.

Declan

QuoteAll I want to see is fair play and then let the better team win.

Agreed

Lar Naparka

I don't see any point in blaming the referee for the mistakes he is going to make in a game that won't be played for another five days. For one thing, there's feck all anyone can do about his appointment now and for another, there's absolutely no guarantee that he's going to muck us up with blatantly incorrect calls.
Coldrick, Bannon et all, can anyone name a ref that doesn't get slated by some side or another before a ball is thrown in? Coldrick in particular gets slated by supporters of all counties before he sticks his whistle in his gob. Even Meath posters on this board have slated him when, obviously, their county was involved.
All refs need to have thick skins to survive the inevitable slating every time they take on a match.
Yeah, McQuillan may turn out to be an anal orifice before the game is over but there's no reason to believe that Mayo supporters will be the aggrieved party. If even a tiny percentage of the criticism levelled against him were true, he'd be sent to grass a long time ago.
I'll wait until the match is over before passing judgement on his performance.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

fearsiuil

For those of you that are looking for something to do in Dublin Friday night you might be interested in a Table Quiz fundraiser we are having in Cornelscourt.

TABLE QUIZ
IN
THE MAGIC CARPET PUB
CORNELSCOURT
FRIDAY 31ST OF AUGUST
STARTS 8PM !!

TABLE OF 4  €40
LOADS OF PRIZES
CASH, ALL-IRELAND SEMI FINAL TICKETS, DRINK, ETC.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SPORT, MUSIC, ETC.
PM me for ENQUIRIES

FOXROCK GERALDINE P. MORANS GAA CLUB ADULT TEAM FUNDRAISER

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2012, 08:54:44 AM
Quote from: stephenite on August 28, 2012, 02:52:58 AM
The poor old us and conspiracy theories from the pair of ye are becoming a bit tiresome at this stage. It's like ye're trying to get the excuses in early

It's really poor.
As I've said before on another thread, this is the same Joe McQuillan that gave 35 of the softest frees against Dublin in the Quarter final v Tyrone in a game we utterly dominated. He also gave the crucial line ball decision to Cork for the winning point.

Whinging in advance is a new low. 31 counties will be cheering for Mayo, if you're good enough you'll win, if not you won't.

Quit yer oul whinging heffo!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

MaigheoAbu

Quote from: stephenite on August 28, 2012, 02:52:58 AM
The poor old us and conspiracy theories from the pair of ye are becoming a bit tiresome at this stage. It's like ye're trying to get the excuses in early
+1,totally agree!

MaigheoAbu

I really hope James Horan and the players aren't taking any notice of some of the negative attitudes displayed on this thread!Hopefully the team have more sense than to be reading some of this stuff! It sn't negativity they need leading up to the game,they need all the backing from the Mayo supporters!                                                                                                                                     
With regards to the Referee,the match hasn't been played yet so there is no point in complaining about decisions which may not be made at all!
With regards to the media Mayo have finally received the respect they deserve!

rrhf

Quote from: highorlow on August 28, 2012, 09:01:10 AM
I don't know which is worse complaining about a referee prior to the game or doing it on the wrong thread?

Anyhow if anyone has any proper build up information in relation to the team etc can they post it on the semi final thread.

Who is the gombeen that started this thread anyhow. This board has headed downhill this season.
Shove your 637 posts up yer a**e! or alternatively make your way over to the moon (fight) thread till I show you some online manners. Seriously though I have no problem with deleting this thread if there are any more complaints like this.  It was meant to be a celebration of Donegal V Dublin or Mayo not a whinge fest of  the world and everybody in it v Mayo.   

rrhf

But whilst we are on, Donegal managed to beat the pick of Mayo and Dublin when they won their last all ireland.  I have no reason to think this wont happen again.  Tradition is very much on Donegals side. 

ballinaman

Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2012, 02:48:30 PM
But whilst we are on, Donegal managed to beat the pick of Mayo and Dublin when they won their last all ireland.  I have no reason to think this wont happen again.  Tradition is very much on Donegals side.
Now we're talking.....ye're going to need valium  by the skip load to keep the hype down in Donegal over the next 3 and half weeks! ;D

RMDrive

Quote from: ballinaman on August 28, 2012, 03:39:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 28, 2012, 02:48:30 PM
Now we're talking.....ye're going to need valium  by the skip load to keep the hype down in Donegal over the next 3 and half weeks! ;D

It's only Tuesday yet. By the end of the week all the talk will be about Mayo and Dublin. From next Sunday evening, all the talk will be about the winner of that game. It's the same every year after the first semi-final.

BTW Donegal have NO tradition in these things. A once-off event like 92 cannot be described as tradition.

highorlow

QuoteBut whilst we are on, Donegal managed to beat the pick of Mayo and Dublin when they won their last all ireland.  I have no reason to think this wont happen again.  Tradition is very much on Donegals side.

Yes; Mayo people forget that '92 was the real one that got away imo. I think it was 8 to 6 in the semi and of the 8 donegal got 7 frees.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

drici

Quote from: highorlow on August 28, 2012, 04:38:22 PM

Yes; Mayo people forget that '92 was the real one that got away imo. I think it was 8 to 6 in the semi and of the 8 donegal got 7 frees.

Ah that day.
16th August 1992
All Ireland Minor Football Championship Semi Final:
Armagh 3-12  Roscommon 0-13
(Half time Armagh 2-06 Roscommon 0-08)

Armagh: D. Whitmarsh, K. Maille, E. Martin, E.
Bratten, C. Wilson, M. Hanratty, K O'Hagan (0-1),
B O'Hagan (0-3), P. McGrane, B. Hughes (0-2),
D. Marsden (1-2), P. Mc Nulty (0-1), D. Jordan, D.
Mackin (2-1), N. McGleanon (0-2).

Roscommon: Ray Lannon, Kevin Keegan, Padraig
Mulally, Padraig Kelly, Ciaran Duignan, Richie
Glover, Ciaran Grogan, Rossa O'Callaghan (capt.),
Adrian Doorey, Keith Murphy (0-2), Frank Farrell,
Sean Casey, Liam Murray (0-1), Gary McLaughlin,
Dermot Washington (0-8). Subs C. Connelly (0-1) A.
Nolan, F. Grehan (0-1).

The Senior match ended 0-13 to 0-09
Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 03, 2009, 01:17:06 PM
Donegal Mayo AI semi-final 1992.

Awful beyond words, although it only cost three free state punts to stand on the Hill.
though it probably seemed like 0-08 to 0-06.
Donegal whacked over a penalty at the death to get the four point lead.