All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Great to be in a Final. A final without Kerry for a change! Donegal are a different animal, but this is their first final (in a long time). The Hype in Donegal is mental at the moment. Believe it or not the hype has been drained out of us from other AI finals, so i expect a lower key run for us compared to Donegal. This could be key!

ONeill

Non-event.

Donegal will have it won by the time the team photo is taken.

0-16 to 0-9
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orchardman

I don't post that much but ive mentioned a few times earlier in the year that a donegal mayo final would be very likely. I'm delighted to see it. Will be interesting too see the neutral support, there hasn't been a final like this since kildare and galway in 98. Donegal only being in one final before, while mayo have had a good few since 92. Some people still complain about donegal but i'l say this: i've havn't enjoyed watching any other time as i have watching donegal against kerry and cork this year, you have to be able to appreciate other aspects of football other than just a shoot out.

If mayo end the 60 year wait then i'l be delighted for them, i hope they and fans don't go around playing the underdog card, i hate that shite. There last 3 finals have been against kerry, this is the big chance for them and I would put donegal only as slight favourites.

cadence

it's going to be a tight final... can't really see either side beating the other one out the gate. happy for mayo to be there, but that's where the goodwill ends until the final whistle.

donegal to bring the house of pain mofos...

maigheo

Ticket acquired already and sept 23 is my birthday ,Happy days :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hoof Hearted

i wonder who feels the worst - Kevin Cassidy or Conor Mortimer ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Mayo Mick

Quote from: maigheo on September 02, 2012, 06:40:48 PM
Ticket acquired already and sept 23 is my birthday ,Happy days :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
. Get a good bet on to cover expenses. Nearest thing to a dead cert you will ever get. No way Donegal will cope with out style and we have the better players in 10/11 positions
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

maigheo

probably c.mort as he left the team late in the season.With all the injures he would have gotten significant game time and may have also have gotten his starting place back

J70

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 02, 2012, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: maigheo on September 02, 2012, 06:40:48 PM
. Get a good bet on to cover expenses. Nearest thing to a dead cert you will ever get. No way Donegal will cope with out style and we have the better players in 10/11 positions

That's the spirit!

Hope there's plenty more like you down the west!!

stibhan

Donegal have the tactical edge, obviously, but fancy Mayo to sneak this one. I have no rational reason to offer in support of this opinion.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mayos physio should deffo start the final, great engine on her................jesus she was never off the park

Best of luck to both teams

Gaffer

The way Mayo collapsed in the second half and nearly let Dublin sneak it tells me the AIF result is a foregone conclusion.

Donegal easily enough
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Syferus

This is the year, and not for Donegal. Mayo to break the glass ceiling, finally.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 02, 2012, 06:41:47 PM
i wonder who feels the worst - Kevin Cassidy or Conor Mortimer ?

I'd say the one who left the panel, rather than the one who was dropped from the panel! Only marginal though!

Rossfan

Quote from: Gaffer on September 02, 2012, 07:16:13 PM
The way Mayo collapsed in the second half and nearly let Dublin sneak it tells me the AIF result is a foregone conclusion.

Like today's and last Sunday's games were  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM